Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I'm very confused with the PCOS diet. I feel like I just got the LE diet figured out so I just have to sit down and sift through this one. I know I have to have whole grains (and I just filled my freezer with white bagels, lol) and the slightly higher fat will be good. But I don't understand how higher fat will help me lose weight quicker. I'm happy though! I was really bummed at the thought of only drinking skim milk, I do love full-fat milk, haha.
    I don't have PCOS (that I know of anyway) but I think she feels it would be a better way to go since I have a lot of weight to lose (30lbs, so daunting!).
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not confusing, it's only because I have to answer so many questions preemptively in the essays but really, just like with the LE Diet standard form, the core is very basic. Most people do not need to go the whole nine yards because most people do not have severe PCOS in this forum and are either on the diet for preventative reasons or for egg quality.

Same amount of cals
    Up protein to 50-60 g
    Up fat to 50-60 g
    These above changes in effect cut carbs without even trying to.

Then, for your carbs, use whole grains and/or white rice/potao (some people do better on white rice and it seems to be not as bad as wheat for PCO tendencies) and fruit and vegetables.

And full fat dairy instead of skim because skim milk has something about it that seems very bad for blood sugar levels.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau82 View Post
    Really? I thought nuts should be avoided. Atomic recommended the PCOS diet for me and I'm supposed to have full-fat dairy occasionally. Are nuts still ok now and then? I do miss them! I'm struggling a bit with all the ins and outs and differences between LE and PCOS.
    Some people (and I'd count them in the majority) still want to stick to the old-school sway diets and for them, nuts are a no-no because they're said to sway blue. Nuts are pretty healthy as well. BUT there are no forbidden foods and yes everyone can have nuts as part of the overall LE Diet.

It's the limits, the limits, the limits that matter and not the foods. Additionally as Maiden mentions, the type of fat may matter too and vegetable based fats like those in nuts may help a pink sway more than the type of fat in butter (like in croissants)

4. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, I know, croissants are bad, haha They were half price, I couldn't pass it up!
    I was just thinking of avoiding nuts b/c of their high cals. Very small amount for a big portion of calories for the day. And for me personally, once I have a few, I can't stop. So a small handful quickly turns into 4 fistfuls.

I've read a little more and I do get it now. I've had a glass of full fat milk the last two days and it's so tasty. Forgot how much I missed it! Also glad to see white rice is ok. I'm not a big fan of brown rice.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They're not bad, they're fine on a day you've had gobs of protein but not a lot of fat or cals!!

White rice is ok. Unless a person has very severe PCOS (and I mean, diagnosed, not just a rumor of an innuendo) then you're fine having white rice.

8. Thanks jsophia922 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On days which my will power has wavered (i.e. diet cheat days) is it better to skip the work out (since there are additional/extra nutrients that can be used for muscle building/hormone forming) or should it be a day that I should exercise more?

Also, I am concerned about my testosterone levels (acne, lovely lady beard ) is it worth tinkering with or could it just make the situation worse?

Yummmmm... croissants....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definitely exercise more...but not too much more. You can't build muscle doing cardio on the LE so don't worry about that.

The diet alone may very well help with potential high T symptoms, though you could consider Vitex and/or peppermint tea.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

11. Thanks Pretty thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love fresh peppermint tea and so does my husband to be. Can you drink as much as you want of it?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what Atomic says in the post on peppermint tea:
    "How to use mint – Dosage for DW - 3 cups a day, AF-O only. You may want to take it with meals because it contains compounds that block absorption of nutrients from foods and also may lower blood sugar."
    I think I also read that too much can cause ovulation issues so it's probably best not to go overboard with it.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Beau82 we normally have 2-3 cups after dinner and in the weekend this could be double.. I will make sure
    Not to go overboard

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast