Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Is three weeks enough for the LE diet to work? What should DH take for pink?

Hey ladies (and Atomic if you are not a bit busy ). Could you help me with a question? We want to TTC next cycle but I am unsure if we've left enough time for the LE diet to work. I currently have a BMI of 20ish and read on one of Atomic's posts about weight loss that with a low BMI you shouldn't do the diet for too long as you would reduce the chance of conception at all. So.... if I started tomorrow and expect to O in about 23 days (if my cycle is stable which it might not be as only had one P since stopping BF), is that enough time on the LE diet? I normally eat 1800-2000 calories a day so I am expecting that if I cut it down to 1500 I will lose quite a bit in the 3 weeks or so. Do you think that is enough or should I stop and wait until next cycle? Also, I am wary that as I have a protein rich diet currently, I may have trouble having enough calories while keeping my protein at 40g. DH is cutting out red meat, cutting down on caffeine and alcohol and takes Vit C, CaMg, B-complex and St John's Wort. Are these all OK for pink? Any help would be welcome x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep! I think that would be great Enough time, just do the diet really strict
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and fx for you xxx

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it depends how lose of a sway you are okay with. Personally, I like 90 days to follow the egg lifecycle. With 3 weeks, you aren't even going to go through a full cycle.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. I am unsure myself. I really want to get moving as DS2 turns one this weekend and I always thought we'd try when he was one. But... an added factor is that we should be moving house next month and I know stress raises testosterone levels, so wondered if I should ignore my urge to get going and wait another cycle. That would also let me plan more and make sure the sway was a good strong one. Reading my own words it sounds like I should wait another cycle - but I don't want to! Patience is not one of my virtues x
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol I'm sure you'll make your decision if you don't want to wait just go really strong on all the other aspects of your sway good luck again xx

Cycle 1: HRC march 2014 -NT- 14 retrieved, 3 fertilised, 3 to testing, all xy 1 normal.
    Cycle 2: HRC August 2014 -1 HB SEEN (EDD 14th may 2015)- 12 retrieved, 10 fertilised, 9 to testing, 3xy 6xx. 6 normals 2xy 4xx