PDA

View Full Version : November 2013 babies!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bythestream
March 6th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Hi,

Anyone else with a recent BFP that will be due in November. I think Ill be due on the 14th, hoping for a sticky bub after an early miscarriage last August.

Roll call

Teacup - swayed girl - due 3rd Nov - blessed with a girl

Nahjah - swayed girl - due 4nd Nov

Averysmom - swayed boy - due 4th Nov

Mumof6 - swayed girl - due 5th Nov - blessed with a boy

3blue?pink - swayed girl - due 8th Nov - blessed with a girl

Tulip - swayed boy - due 8th Nov?

BZ88 - swayed boy - due 10th Nov

NERI - swayed girl - due 11th Nov

Squamgirl - swayed girl - due 12th Nov - blessed with a girl

Mindyjean - swayed girl - due 12th or 19th Nov - blessed with a boy

Bythe****** - swayed girl - due 14th Nov - blessed with a girl

Jenibel -swayed girl - due 16th Nov

6bluewant1pink - swayed girl - due 16th Nov - blessed with a boy

Lizzy lizard - swayed girl- due 15th Nov - blessed with a girl

rainbowroad - hoping for girl - due 19th Nov - blessed with a boy

Babygirl2013 - swayed girl - due 23rd Nov

Zem7 - swayed girl - due 28th Nov

Mommymachine - swayed girl - due 29th Nov - blessed with a girl

Dreaminginoz - swayed girl - due 29th Nov - blessed with a girl

Babygirl4me - swayed girl - due 29th Nov - blessed with a girl

Nahjah
March 6th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I should be due on the 2 or 4, but I haven't been to the doc yet to confirm.

squamgirl
March 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I'm due Nov 12th.

I'm also hoping for a sticky one as I had a miscarriage in Jan. It was my second miscarriage and I was 8+ weeks along, so I'm nervous, but trying to feel peace about it.

bythestream
March 7th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Here's to sticky beans. I hate the feeling of being on edge all the time. I don't think Ill be able to relax until after 12weeks.

How is everyone feeling? I've had a bit of nausea. Felt like I was dying yesterday it was so hot, where I live its usually a lot cooler by now hottest March temps on record. Bring on winter I say.

Are you two in the northern hemisphere?

tulip
March 7th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I am here ...due early Nov...had a recent 2nd trimester loss ...I have absolutely no nausea this time..maybe it is too early...just abt 4th week ...did any of you sway ??

tulip
March 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
wow you all are boy moms ...I have a wonderful DD and will love to have a little man join us ! But I am totally prepared to welcome another girl ....after a loss, you realise the importance of a healthy bean !

bythestream
March 7th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Sorry for your loss tulip :-( my loss was very early I can't imagine how hard a later loss is. I didn't get much nausea with my boys hopefully its a good sign for both of us

squamgirl
March 8th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Good morning ladies-

To answer some of the questions....

I'm in the northern hemisphere.

I swayed for a girl. But of course, I will love any baby :)

I've had some nausea. I also have a horrible cough that's left over from a cold. So that's not helping things. The nausea usually hits full force for me around 5 weeks (I'm 4.5 weeks now). I hope it's not too bad next week because it will be spring break for my boys and I want to have a fun week with them. In the early days, I can stay on top of it by not getting too hungry. Once hunger hits full force, I'm done for.

Have a great day everyone!

squamgirl
March 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Good morning ladies-

To answer some of the questions....

I'm in the northern hemisphere.

I swayed for a girl. But of course, I will love any baby :)

I've had some nausea. I also have a horrible cough that's left over from a cold. So that's not helping things. The nausea usually hits full force for me around 5 weeks (I'm 4.5 weeks now). I hope it's not too bad next week because it will be spring break for my boys and I want to have a fun week with them. In the early days, I can stay on top of it by not getting too hungry. Once hunger hits full force, I'm done for.

Have a great day everyone!

tulip
March 8th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I feel dizzy at times..for a 1-2 seconds ...is that common ? never felt that with the earlier 2 pregnancies ....btw when do you all typically announce the baby news ? the last time we told our families at 5 weeks and SIL comes back and tells me it better be a boy !!! she has 2 girls and then a boy ! how insensitive is that ! i dont feel comfy sharing the news....DH is ok with not sharing if that is going to stress me out ....

Averysmom
March 8th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Hi Ladies! I'm due on the 4th. Feeling good overall just really super tired and bloated. Ha! Not much of an appetite though which is weird. I was starving with my first. sticky beans for everyone! Hope you are all feeling well...

bythestream
March 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I've had to tell my sister and mum already, she just got engaged and was planning on getting married 2 days after my due date. She was really good but a bit annoyed. Have asked them to keep it a secret for a while.

tulip
March 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM
thanks bythe******....

I am waiting for MS to start :bigsmile:
i had nausea with both my previous babies ...

do you know any website which calculates due date accordingly ? I get different dates from different sites ...2 sites gave nov8, 1 site gave nov 9 and pregnancy association says nov11th ....do you know which one is closest to accuracy ?

bythestream
March 11th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Tulip the best due date calculators are the ones you put your ovulation date in, or if you don't know that, your cycle length.

This one is a good one Due date calculator - When is my due date? (http://www.pregnology.com/due-date.php)

some doctors don't care about that though and will just give you a due date based on a 28 day cycle.

bythestream
March 12th, 2013, 05:20 PM
How is everyone going? Is anyone else really moody? I can be losing my temper one second then fine then almost crying, hormones.

BZ88
March 13th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Moody. It's my nickname I can be so irritable. I tried to explain to my DH I can't help myself but I feelbad.

Tulip did you sway boy too? Me too I think I'm going I be a crazy person though with knowing my high betas and will analyze my US using Ramzi theory. I have to wrap my head around the fact I actually got pregnant without HT

Anyone else away blue ?

bythestream
March 13th, 2013, 10:08 PM
My sense of smell has really kicked in the last few days too. The picklets I made this morning smelled like baby poo. And it doesn't help my 2yo has had diarrhea.

Has anyone been to the Dr or had a scan yet? Im going to book in to the Dr next week.

tulip
March 14th, 2013, 04:14 PM
BZBB Yes I swayed BOY ! But now it dosent matter that much. Just want the baby to be healthy. I would say I did my part and have left to GOD. :happy:

I have absolutely no MS and that makes me wonder whether I am even preggo apart from the positive HPT

bythestream
March 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Im sure you'll be fine tulip. Have you done anymore tests? After my miscarriage last time I've done a lot more tests this time to convince myself the hcg is still around and going up. I got a good line at 11dpo and another about the same at 13dpo. Then I did another test at 18dpo that was a lot stronger than the control. I am pretty much exactly how far along I was when I lost the last one, so a little nervous over the next few days.

Lizzie Lizard
March 16th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Hi Girls,

I guess I am due Nov 15, but haven't been to the doc yet. I scheduled an appointment next fri march 22nd. So excited for everyone!

tulip
March 17th, 2013, 01:35 AM
My doc won't do see me till 8 weeks ! Nurse got me started with all the bloodwork. Will know on Apr 3rd. Wait is so long ....how many of you are working moms ? how do you focus at work ?? I am so so so distracted and full on anxiety :)

bythestream
March 17th, 2013, 03:53 AM
I work part time and totally agree tulip, when Im at work its the worst. At home with the boys Im too busy to think about it. I haven't made an appointment yet. Ill probably call on Monday.

tulip
March 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM
yes I agree...i feel distracted at work and at home I feel much better .....leaving work is no option for us :( so will just continue and try not to think too much bt you know thats so difficult ..

Nahjah
March 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
My first appt is Tuesday and I'm starting to get excited. I really want to go get the blood work done first but they said their policy is to have a confirmation appt first and then come back in two weeks after the lab results come in and getting an ultrasound. With my first child the lab and ultrasound was all in the same practice and made things very convenient. Not so much this time, but it will all be worth it in the end.

I am a working mom and I have been a little distracted. I do have the option of working from home some days, but I'm trying not to use those and throw suspicion just yet. I really want to wait until the first trimester is over before telling everyone at work, including my boss.

mommymachine
March 18th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joining you guys! Due November 29th:)

bythestream
March 18th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I made my doctors appointment for next Tues. Welcome mommymachine praying this is a sticky bean for you too.

Averysmom
March 18th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Moody. It's my nickname I can be so irritable. I tried to explain to my DH I can't help myself but I feelbad.

Tulip did you sway boy too? Me too I think I'm going I be a crazy person though with knowing my high betas and will analyze my US using Ramzi theory. I have to wrap my head around the fact I actually got pregnant without HT

Anyone else away blue ?

I swayed blue! My US is the 29th. Do I need to ask the tech what side the baby is on? And what are betas?

bythestream
March 19th, 2013, 01:25 AM
If you want to obsess over ramse theory you should ask what side but Im not sure how accurate that is anyway

tulip
March 19th, 2013, 12:56 PM
No Averysmom..I wouldnt ask that early. It tends to go wrong and you may get false hopes or false disappointments. Enjoy the baby as of now I would say..I swayed blue but at this point I just want a healthy and happy baby ! :pray:

bythestream
March 19th, 2013, 08:18 PM
So I've added a roll call to the first post. Please let me know if I got anything wrong. I'll update it when we find out what we're having. Are people finding out or staying team green?

mommymachine
March 19th, 2013, 08:39 PM
So I've added a roll call to the first post. Please let me know if I got anything wrong. I'll update it when we find out what we're having. Are people finding out or staying team green?

Thanks for doing that! We are finding out. Hoping to get an awesome nub shot at 13 weeks. Then a private gender scan at 16, anatomy at 21 and another private scan at 28;)

Nahjah
March 19th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I had my appt today. Nothing eventful as they just did a regular hcg test and didn't check levels. My ultrasound is on Thursday. She is set on using 11/4 as my due date unless the ultrasound shows something else.

We swayed pink but we plan on being team green until this little bean arrives! Any advice when it comes staying team green? I'm scared to look at the screen or I'm afraid someone will accidentally tell us.

bythestream
March 19th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Sorry no advice on staying team green. I like the idea but I know I would try to guess anyway and drive myself made so I may as well find out. I don't think the tech actually has to go near the area unless you want to know.

BabyGirl2013
March 19th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Hello! My due date is November 23rd. We swayed pink, but it was a bit of a lazy sway :suprise: We're finding out the gender but won't be sharing the news with any of our friends/family. If it's another boy I don't want to hear "I'm sorry" or "I bet you were hoping for a girl." Especially since we honestly will be happy with another healthy boy! I figure once the baby is here people won't say insensitive things! :) I'll share the news here though!

bythestream
March 20th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I pretty much gave up swaying too Babygirl. I believe God will give our family who is meant to be, and if its another gorgeous boy that's ok.

tulip
March 20th, 2013, 11:18 AM
how do you stay team green ?? I would love to but dont think I have that much strength to wait :) I have a scan at 8 wks ,2 wks away :(

bythe****** I love the idea of a house surrounded by 3 girls or 3 boys :) for us 2 is max, so we will not be going for a 3rd ...i wish I cud though ...

mommymachine
March 20th, 2013, 12:10 PM
You guys have to check this out I'm so ordering it. Detect5 Progressive Pregnancy Test (http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/detectfive-progressive-pregnancy-test.html)

BZ88
March 20th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I'm here I'm due 11/10 swayed boy and trying not to go crazy. I think team green is great in theory but don't think I could pull it off. Plus I am AMA so I may do the mat21 test. Anyone else doing it. I has my ultrasound already and can't tell anything other than she told me I ovulated from the right. I did the best I could and am trying to enjoy this and give it to God.

bythestream
March 20th, 2013, 05:13 PM
That looks really good mommymachine, gives you piece of mind when you've had chemicals and early losses.

How far along can you do the Mat21 BZ88. I imagine its quite expensive and Im not sure if its available in Australia.

Im 6 weeks today!

BZ88
March 20th, 2013, 06:23 PM
It's available at 11 weeks its great it detects with 99% sensitivity trisomy 13 18 21 presence of Y chromosome

tulip
March 21st, 2013, 11:32 PM
BZ88 right side ovulation is great...I had ovulated from right for my boy

:fx:

BZ88
March 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks so much tulip. I'm trying not to be a crazy person here. My husband is convinced it's a boy since my temper goes from0-100. What a scientific observation ;-)

jennibel
March 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
I am new to this group/thread I am due 16th Nov

tulip
March 22nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
i love tht observation ! :bigsmile:

I think this bubb for us is a sweet girl. I conceived straight after loss, many women said loss sways pink. but there have been opposites as well. so cant say.
If we get a girl, we will tell our frnds we always wanted DD to have a sister :bigsmile:

bythestream
March 22nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Welcome Jennibel!

Same sex siblings are pretty special tulip :bigsmile:

TMI warning but has anyone ever had diarrhea as a pregnancy symptom. I seem to get tummy cramps just after I eat then diarrhea. My other pregnancies I've had the opposite lol. Maybe its just a virus.

mommymachine
March 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Welcome Jennibel!

Same sex siblings are pretty special tulip :bigsmile:

TMI warning but has anyone ever had diarrhea as a pregnancy symptom. I seem to get tummy cramps just after I eat then diarrhea. My other pregnancies I've had the opposite lol. Maybe its just a virus.

I read somewhere that diarrhea is a symptoms of your progesterone rising??? Don't quote me on that.

Yah! My Clearblue digi went up to 2-3 weeks today*smile*

bythestream
March 22nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Lets hope it doesn't last too long.

Jennibel, i think my Dr is probably going to say my due date is the 16th too. I calculated it earlier because I only have a 25 day cycle. Not that it really matters anyway. Babies don't care about due dates. My ds1 was induced 12 days late and my ds2 was 8 days early.

tulip
March 22nd, 2013, 06:57 PM
diarrhea is common but I would just ask OB to be safe. many times they say the same thing.

Today at shower I noticed dark hair under belly button. Yikes !

My bloodwork was disaster...Low on VitD and have UTI :mad:

bythestream
March 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear about the poor results on your blood tulip. Doesn't sound like you are going to get any sun in the UK for a while yet either :-\ otherwise I would recommend relaxing in the sun to up your vit D

Nahjah
March 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
I had my ultrasound which confirmed my due date of 11/4 at 7 weeks. The tech said I ovulated from the left and the heart rate was 146. I looked at my son's first sonogram at 6 weeks and it was 141. Just an observation lol

bythestream
March 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
The left is good. More girls are supposed to come from the left.

Nahjah
March 23rd, 2013, 07:11 PM
That's what I was reading here on the site. I think I will have fun trying to pay attention to these signs during the pregnancy just to see if my prediction/intuition is right in the end. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm excited to be team green! I've already given the baby the nickname green bean lol!

mindyjean
March 23rd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Hi ladies! I am hoping I can join you all! We swayed pink, have 2 boys ages 6 and 3 who are crazy but so much fun!!!

Due date is either Nov 12 or Nov 19 (I ovulated late), and my first appointment is April 2 with ultrasound. My OB who prescribed me the Clomid said "Now you know, we will be counting heads at this ultrasound." :) LOL My husband and I joke about that happening........

I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully celebrating our gender desires!! :)

mommymachine
March 23rd, 2013, 08:41 PM
Wow what a strong BFP! When did you take that?

bythestream
March 24th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Welcome Mindyjean :bigsmile:

Can't wait to see what you have Nahjah, team green will be fun. I wish I was more patient but I already want to know what Im having now lol

bythestream
March 24th, 2013, 04:51 AM
So who's had nausea? I've had it much earlier than my last 2 and mostly all day. With my other 2 it started later then I really only had it around dinner time. I actually usually feel better at dinner this pregnancy.

squamgirl
March 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Good mornings ladies- I haven't checked in in awhile because I've been so sick. Last week I was losing almost a pound a day. My dr has prescribed zofran. I still feel horrible, but I'm hoping for some relief soon.
I hope everyone is doing well.

mindyjean
March 24th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Wow what a strong BFP! When did you take that?

I took it 13 DPO!!!! It was definitely a beautiful sight!!!

Thanks for the welcome!

dreaminginoz
March 24th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Hi girls,

Hope its ok that i'm joining in here too....I was preparing for a hard sway starting in May but unfortunately never got to sway as DH and I had a whoopsie and this bub seems determined to stay, so here I am due 29th November :)

Looking forward to sharing our pregnancy stories together :) So far i've felt slightly nauseous and im peeing every 5 secs but other than that im almost concerned as i dont seem to have any other symptoms...

bythestream
March 25th, 2013, 12:31 AM
I know what you mean about the weeing dreaminginoz and Im really thirsty so that doesn't help.

BabyGirl4Me
March 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Thought I'd join here too. I believe my due date will be November 29th. My last baby came 2 weeks early though so who knows. I'm honestly hoping for a November 27th birthday because that's my Grandmother's AND DH's Grandmother's birthday!! I am actually hoping to name this baby after both of them and it would be wonderful if she shared their same exact birthday. :)

Congrats to all of you!

mindyjean
March 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, I have been getting nauseous the past few days--yesterday was the worst, I got sick at church. Today I made it through the school day, but was queasy the entire day. It's totally worth it, though!

bythestream
March 25th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Welcome Babygirl4me!

mommymachine
March 25th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Thought I'd join here too. I believe my due date will be November 29th. My last baby came 2 weeks early though so who knows. I'm honestly hoping for a November 27th birthday because that's my Grandmother's AND DH's Grandmother's birthday!! I am actually hoping to name this baby after both of them and it would be wonderful if she shared their same exact birthday. :)

Congrats to all of you!

We're due date buddies:)

dreaminginoz
March 25th, 2013, 09:19 PM
When is the best time to go to the drs...i wanna go when she can actually send me for an ultrasound, when is that? with DS1 and DS2 i just had my Hcg levels checked and thats it....is there something else i should be asking for?......

Oh and what symptoms have ppl had 4-5wks?? I really havent had much and altho im tired i think its jus tnormal tired not exhaustion....im worried about m/c and i guess thats also why im avoiding making the dr appt a bit :worry:

bythestream
March 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I went to the Dr today. Last time I went earlier and just happened to start bleeding that morning it was about 5 weeks. She just did a pregnancy test ordered bloods and gave me a referral for a dating ultrasound to have at 7 or 8 weeks. She also offered booking in for the nucal test but I don't think I'll bother because I think it can cause more stress than needed and we wouldn't consider terminating a disabled child anyway.

bythestream
March 25th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I only had slight nausea until about 6 weeks when its ramped up. Although I have found if I eat more often I feel better.

BabyGirl4Me
March 25th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Symptoms...I'm tired and am having some nausea. When I was pg with DS I didn't get nausea until I was further along.

I didn't take a picture of my test but my BFP was a lot darker than it was with DS at the same time. I don't wanna read too much into it but I hope it means my baby is a girl.

:fx:

dreaminginoz
March 26th, 2013, 02:04 AM
I went ahead and made an appt for tomorrow, only because I am worried about an ectopic and if i can chat to her about it and rule it out then i will feel much better. Anybody else hungry like crazy....im finding myself reaching for food every hour with serious hunger pains! maybe thats keeping the nausea at bay like you said bythe******!

bythestream
March 26th, 2013, 03:21 AM
When I was pregnant with ds2 I was starving all the time. This time Im not really hungry at all and really don't know what I feel like eating which is frustrating because I do feel better after eating. Fruit is what I've been eating the most. But last week it was salty food.

BabyGirl4Me
March 26th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I am definitely hungrier too, but I also lost a fair amount of weight from LE and it may just be my body continuing to rebel against LE. I've been eating more but I'm not constantly starving either. DH went to the store last night and bought me ginger candies for when I feel the nausea creeping up on me. Haven't needed them yet today but I'm glad they're there.

BabyGirl4Me
March 26th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I was so completely exhausted that I took a nap for an hour with DS this afternoon. I really needed to get a lot done and that nap messed up my day, but I couldn't even keep my eyes open even if I wanted too, and I'm still very tired. :P Still no nausea yet today but I just finished my lunch.

bythestream
March 26th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Ginger is good isn't it Babygirl4me. I had some ginger ale last night and it was so good. Not so much nausea today. I kind of feel worried when I don't have it though. Good luck with your drs appt today dreaminginoz

mommymachine
March 26th, 2013, 07:06 PM
So yesterday I was really nauseous and today I'm not. I realize I'm only 4W 4D, how ever I'm sill nervous. So, for those of you that are a week or two ahead of me...when did you get m/s and when did it stick around for good? Thanks!

mumof6
March 27th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Hi ladies i'm due with bub #7 Nov 5th :)
swayed girl - fingers crossed after 6 boys we have a little pinkie in there

bythestream
March 27th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Have you had any more nausea mommy machine? Mine seems to come and go. Im sure you'll be ok but its hard not to worry isn't it?

Nahjah
March 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I've been nauseous since the 2ww and it seems to get better when I keep my blood sugar levels even and eat small meals. I am worried that I have been cramping a bit since Monday. It comes and goes and seems to get better with rest, but what worries me is that it is very isolated to a certain area of my pelvis. This is the same area we saw the baby on the ultrasound (more to the right, but not my side). I've been taking it easy and drinking plenty of water to rule out anything else. Today was a lot better as I didn't have a cramp all day and just a few when I got home. Not spotting or anything and the cramps are kinda sharp, but not doubling over or anything. I'm trying not to stress but pray and focus on relaxing. I am hoping I can make it to my next appt on Mibday but I will call if things don't get better. Anyone have any ideas on what else it could be? I'm 8 weeks along and they did see that my fibroids were back on my ultrasound last week. I had them during my last pregnancy but they never bothered me.

mommymachine
March 28th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Yes my nauseous ness was back full force yesterday:) plus I took a CB digi and got a 3+ reading so that's awesome. With my miscarriage in Feb, the CB never got to 3+.

dreaminginoz
March 28th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Nahjah I have done a lot of reason on symptoms in early preg as I'm concerned with ectopic, and I have come across lots of people/ resources to say its very normal to have these pains and its all the ligament and tendons relaxing and causing some discomfort. From what I've read when any of these pains occur AS WELL AS bleeding then it's def a case for concern and a trip to the dr/ hospital. I had terrible back pain to the point where walking was painful last week with some mild cramping( i disnt know i was preg, so the next day i tested and voila) but as soon as i slowed down and tried to relax i felt heaps better. Try and take it easy and chat the ur ob or dr at ur next visit.

dreaminginoz
March 28th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Wow fatigue hit me big time yesterday, smack on 5 weeks! I'm so happy I have a symptom I recognise from my other pregnancies! Anyone get any insomnia tho? I've been up now since DS2 woke me up at 1am and just can't sleep.

Also anyone have any exercise plans in place?!

BabyGirl4Me
March 28th, 2013, 03:52 PM
dreaminginoz - sorry to hear about your fatigue. I find that I can't do as much as I could before in a day so I'm taking it easy on myself. Hopefully you can get some sleep soon!

mommymachine
March 28th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I hear ya on the fatigue. I get so tired around now 2pm-ish. Luckily my 2yo is having a nap and my DD is in a better mood today than yesterday.

bythestream
March 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Yep I had insomnia early. Now I just have child induced insomnia. So tired

tulip
March 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I am so tired and exhausted these days feel like quitting job ! managing to drag myself to work..luckily can work part-time twice a week... just feel like lying down even if not sleepy.

Have bloated so much, face looks like a balloon :bigsmile:

Met up some friends who asked if we are expecting! why do people probe. When it is right time we will announce. We said no, I have just put on weight. :giggle:

BZ88
March 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Tulip I hear ya on the exhaustion and on the comments. By the end of the day my bump looks huge to me. I keep telling myself its because its my third. Not ready to announce until in the clear

mindyjean
March 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
The morning sickness has really hit me at 6 weeks. :( I was having to constantly snack on crackers today to settle my tummy. We just had a great dinner--and I am feeling much better. With my first 2 pregnancies, I had strong food aversions to coffee (the horror!!!) and brocolli, but no food has seemed to bother me! (yet)

bythestream
March 29th, 2013, 01:36 AM
I really hated broccoli with ds2 as well. Usually I really like it, food adversions are funny aren't they

Nahjah
March 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I had to go to the ER last night as I was bleeding and cramping. Everything is okay with the baby and my labs came back normal. I went to my OB today and she says I have multiple fibroids with one measuring 3.9 cm and a cyst on each ovary. Goodness! I've been put on modified bed rest for the next two weeks and have to see a specialist next week. I had fibroids with my last pregnancy but they didn't affect me or my son at all. I guess it really is true that all pregnancies are different.

bythestream
March 29th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Oh no Nahjah. So glad but is ok. Will be praying it doesn't cause you any more issues.

tulip
March 29th, 2013, 09:19 PM
anyone having extreme thirst ??? cant seem to get enough water ! :rolleyes:

dreaminginoz
March 30th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Nahjah that sounded a bit scary but so glad a reason was found:) rest up!.
Well ladies I have finally had an u/s today to rule out ectopic as this was a concern for us and the scan went well. Sac is measuring 5wks 2 days, and EDD has been confirmed at 29 nov. the sonographer also said egg came from the left ovary. Not sure if that means anything but I'm just glad my bub is infact a bub and I can finally relax and get excited.

bythestream
March 30th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Yes Im thirsty all the time too. So exciting dreaminginoz!

Averysmom
March 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I've been nauseous since the 2ww and it seems to get better when I keep my blood sugar levels even and eat small meals. I am worried that I have been cramping a bit since Monday. It comes and goes and seems to get better with rest, but what worries me is that it is very isolated to a certain area of my pelvis. This is the same area we saw the baby on the ultrasound (more to the right, but not my side). I've been taking it easy and drinking plenty of water to rule out anything else. Today was a lot better as I didn't have a cramp all day and just a few when I got home. Not spotting or anything and the cramps are kinda sharp, but not doubling over or anything. I'm trying not to stress but pray and focus on relaxing. I am hoping I can make it to my next appt on Mibday but I will call if things don't get better. Anyone have any ideas on what else it could be? I'm 8 weeks along and they did see that my fibroids were back on my ultrasound last week. I had them during my last pregnancy but they never bothered me.

Nahjah we are due date buddies! 11/4 confirmed for me at ultrasound yesterday. Heart rate 175.
I've had some cramping too and it's sharp but mostly only if I get up/ move too fast and the dr said its probably round ligament pain which happens earlier with subsequent pregnancies. Or could be your fibroids. I have some cysts on rt ovary and did with DD too which caused some pains. Hope you feel better!

Averysmom
March 30th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Oh Nahjah just saw your post. Glad you found out the cause and are ok. That must have been so scary! Rest up :-)

Nahjah
March 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Oh it was very scary! I'm determined to do whatever I need to do to make this work so rest and relaxation it is. And since I don't want to be on strict bed rest, I've got to do what I need to do now.

bythestream
March 30th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Anyone else had headaches? I get headaches very rarely but I think I've had one every day the last few days. And nasal congestion, I've hardly been able to breathe at night but it doesn't feel like a cold.

tulip
March 31st, 2013, 02:16 PM
yes I had headaches during the 2nd time. but rare in 2 weeks or so..

dreaminginoz
April 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM
Bythe******, I've had headaches too but they seem to go the more I eat small frequent meals and drink lots of water... How u feeling now? Any hange? Did u have your scan?

bythestream
April 2nd, 2013, 12:40 AM
No more headaches thank goodness. Just nausea on and off and nasal congestion still, pretty sure its pregnancy related because no green snot or sore throat. With ds1 I had nose bleeds so I know pregnancy can stuff up my nose. My scan is on Thursday I'll be exactly 8 weeks can't wait to see bub :bigsmile:

dreaminginoz
April 3rd, 2013, 02:44 AM
1 more sleep till ur 8 wk scan bythe******! How u feeling? What do they ell you at your 8 wk scan, is it a dating scan?

bythestream
April 3rd, 2013, 03:54 AM
Yep a dating scan. Im feeling terrible tonight, felt quite good all day then crashed just before tea time. DH told me to go lie down at dinner because he thought I might throw up. Oh well its all for a good cause.

mumof6
April 3rd, 2013, 04:53 AM
ugh any tips for the all day morning noon and night sickness ladies?
nothing is working :(
the only thing that remotely settles my stomach is coke but has to be regular cant be diet etc
i had a little nausea the day i tested but nothing much compared to what started bang of 6 weeks.
i'm constantly nauseous feeling like i am going to throw up at any given moment, my one big aversion is coffee - i cannot smell it drink it or even look at it. i loved coffee when i was pregnant with my others i couldnt seem to get enough lol

any tips or tricks on how to get through the next few weeks? it came in waves with my boys and was more related to smells

bythestream
April 3rd, 2013, 05:04 AM
:-( sorry you're so miserable mumof6. I know its almost impossible with 6 kids but can you lie down for a little while each day? And have you tried ginger? You might have to talk to your Dr if it gets too much. Hopefully you will only have a few more weeks and it will settle.

mindyjean
April 3rd, 2013, 01:25 PM
mumof6--have you tried a Seaband? You can get it at Walmart, it should help with the all day queasiness!!!

And to answer all the other topics, Yes to being thirsty all the time, yes to having headaches, and yes to being stuffed up! LOL

I had my first OB appt yesterday, and everything was great! Baby measured 7 weeks 2 days (which was only 3 days off based on LMP), heartrate at 147, everything looked wonderful, great, and healthy!!!

Even though it's my 3rd pregnancy, it is JUST as amazing to see the little one on the screen as it was the first time!!!!

tulip
April 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Had my first scan today. Baby measured at 8wks. Right side ovary (not that it matters but just), Good heartbeat (170bpm) , due date Nov 8 :bigsmile:

bythestream
April 3rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
I just saw my but this morning too, its great isn't it. My little one was measuring 8 weeks exactly. Due date the 14th. HB 163 ovulated from left.

mommymachine
April 3rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
You guys are so lucky to see your babies! My doctor is on vacation so I don't have an appointment with her until the 9th...then it will probably take a week to book the scan. So I should be around 7 weeks. I hope I see a strong heartbeat. I feel very pregnant. Cramping a lot though...

dreaminginoz
April 3rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
mumof6 i was feeling the same yesterday, alot more than i had with my ds's, ive always felt queasy and nauseous but never like this, that im going to throw up...so and i tried an apple and cinnamon rice cracker - worked a treat, felt fabulous within a few minutes....thsts not to say itll work for everyone but might be worth a go :)

bythe******, mindyjean and tulip - yay! so glad your scans went well and you saw your little beans, i cant wait to see an actual HB with my next scan!

bythestream
April 4th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Just had a major craving for frozen coke, luckily DH brought one home for me. So good, he did drink about half of it though. Cheeky.

tulip
April 5th, 2013, 01:33 AM
not much sugar for me. I have to monitor my sugar levels but I love to cheat ! :bigsmile:

bythestream
April 5th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Just iced water is almost as good, or a homemade slushie with a little juice or cordial in water. The problem is waiting for it to freeze.

mumof6
April 5th, 2013, 06:15 AM
how exciting!! i was thinking of doing a sneaky and asking my doc for a "dating scan" lol
i have never tried sea bands - i came across something called queasy beads which are just prettied up travel bands. worth a shot though! i'm planning on ordering some next week
not a fan of ginger but dh cooks a dish that is basically rice soup which has ginger in it and i found it really settled my stomach at that particular time.

anyone starting to notice the weight creeping on? i've never put on weight anywhere but a little in my face with all of my other pregnancies. i was all belly. this time in my arms, face, backside, hips, thighs etc i have noticeably gained weight. i never ever put weight on in my arms and my belly is quite "spread" i look quite full in the tummy area at only 9w3d

dreaminginoz
April 5th, 2013, 06:31 AM
lucky! I put on weight everywhere...im gonna try really hard this time to not eat for 2! and yes already im starting to notice my pants/skirts are very snug around my tummy and im only 6wks :( but its all worth it isnt it!

What are the queasy bands? are they a band you snap to distract yourself from feeling sick?!

BabyGirl4Me
April 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Is anyone else here going through midwives for their prenatal care? I had a midwife last time around and absolutely loved it. No, we don't have as many scans as you ladies going to an OB but I really liked the experience of having a midwife. My last baby was a home birth so I hope to have another home birth with this baby. My first appointment isn't until next month but maybe they'll be able to find a heartbeat by then so I can hear baby. :)

bythestream
April 5th, 2013, 05:32 PM
No weight on yet which is nice but my tummy is puffier. In other pregnancies I have been starving early but this time I've had to make myself eat regularly.

I will go to the midwives too but through the hospital. I've never had an OB for any of my pregnancies, just my GP and the hospital midwives. I have friends who have had homebirths here but it is expensive in Australia because they are private and have to pay their own insurance, I think if I had had any problems at the hospital I would consider a homebirths but I found the midwives there great and I've had 2 natural births with no drugs. My first was even induced 12 days late and had to be sucked out because he was in distress with the cord around his neck twice but the midwife and the hospital OB handled it so well I didn't even realise how serious it was at the time.

6bluewant1pink
April 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Hello Ladies! I swayed girl after 6 boys and due Nov.16th

bythestream
April 5th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Welcome! I can't believe we have 2 mum of 6 boys due in Nov! Really hope you both hear pink this time

6bluewant1pink
April 6th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks bythe******! I pray me&mumof6 finally see pink we so deserve it! Good luck to everyone hope you all get your DG!!!

Lizzie Lizard
April 8th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Girls,

I had my first scan last week and everything looked good. Have you all heard about the blood test at 10 weeks where they can tell the gender? (It really is another screen for downs, etc) but my doc says since I am 36, insurance will most likely cover it for me! I could know the sex at 10 weeks? Crazy, huh?

xoxo

bythestream
April 8th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Oh that's exciting Lizzie, you'll be the first of us to know I think. That means you could know in just a couple of weeks right? Is that the Mat21?

mumof6
April 11th, 2013, 02:50 AM
oh wow i've never heard of that test!
they're like a prettied up version of sea bands - do the same job i assume though
has anyone got scans booked? appts coming up?
fingers crossed for pink 6bluewant1pink - i honestly am not sure how i will feel if i hear boy.
is anyone staying team green?

bythestream
April 11th, 2013, 03:33 AM
I had some pink cm yesterday. It was only slightly pink then went pale brown by the afternoon then no more today. Im trying not to freak out because I might not have even noticed if I wasn't wearing white undies, but its just so hard to freak out when you've had a loss before.

mumof6
April 11th, 2013, 04:11 AM
i had the same with my last pregnancy - my doc sent me to er just incase and they did a scan to make sure all was ok
are you working or doing a lot of physical work lately?
mine was due to my work - my job was quite physical with lots of heavy lifting, walking and on my feet the whole shift. i was put on early mat leave at 16 weeks and it stopped.
can you get a scan? even for some reassurance?

bythestream
April 11th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Im going to the Dr next Tues, my work isn't too strenuous. Mostly sitting on my bum haha. Been trying not to lift my 2yo too much. I feel much better now its back to normal, I had a scan a week ago and everything was perfect and Im feeling tired and a bit nauseous tonight. I think I'll just take it easy and try not to stress.

Lizzie Lizard
April 11th, 2013, 09:05 PM
I think it is the Mat21... yes, I would know in a few weeks! I swayed girl, but I do still think it is a boy. I don't know why, I just do... :)

You put your feet up tonight, bythe******. I am sure everything is fine, but get some rest. Nausea is good! Means lots of hormones and a growing baby- right?

bythestream
April 12th, 2013, 12:32 AM
That's right Lizzie, I feel better when I feel worse if that makes sense.

bythestream
April 12th, 2013, 04:38 AM
I just had a complete meltdown because DH didn't order pineapple on the pizza. Oops, I blame it on being hungry and pregnant. I just really wanted pineapple on pizza :-\

zem7
April 12th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Hello everyone I am new here. I have 4 kids already and had a tubal ligation done after the 4th one. Well come to find out a few weeks ago I am pregnant again!! I had a ultra sound done already to make sure it wasn't a tube pregnancy. Everything is where it should be, so I am now due Nov. 28th. If I have to be pregnant again I desperately want a girl. I currently have 1 girl and 3 boys... I have a nurse visit on the 22nd so looking forward to getting everything going.

zem7
April 12th, 2013, 06:04 PM
So I have been reading and I saw a few people mention about what overy the baby came from. Does it make a difference? I know mine came from the left, was told at my US. Thanks

bythestream
April 12th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Welcome Zem7 wow that must have been a bit of a shock! Atomic has suggested that more girls come from the left ovary because that is the ovary you usually ovulate from if you are less fertile. Reduced fertility often = girl, hope this is the case for you.

Lizzie Lizard
April 12th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I love the meltdown over pineapple! I feel like I snap all the time too... I secretly love it because I am definitely the laid-back one between my husband and me. I like the shift in power as he knows I am hormonal and backs down. haha

Hope you got your pineapple!!

My doctor laughed when I told her I hoped I ovulated from the left. (I wondered why left was better.) She couldn't tell which side. There was something on my left and right side so it was a toss-up.

Bythe******, you are so knowledgeable! Do you know why atomic says tall girls most often have boys? What do you think you are having, btw? Any guesses yet? I am almost 6 feet tall... another reason why I think despite my efforts are am destined for all boys.

6bluewant1pink
April 12th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Wow congrats zem7! how long ago did you get your tubes tied?

zem7
April 12th, 2013, 08:05 PM
LOL well I am extremely fertile! If my DH gets near me I get pregnant! haha

zem7
April 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Oh I got my tubal litation done dec. 2011. Right after I had my 4th baby. BTY I am only 5 foot 1 in. and have had 3 boys....lol wonder what I am doing wrong haha.

bythestream
April 12th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Yes got my pineapple :bigsmile: bought a tin to put some on the leftovers at lunch today.

I did a lot of reading when I was just starting to sway Lizzie. Not sure how much of it I believe now though. I think some people are definitely prone to more boys or girls but not sure if we can sway the odds much. And even if you have a big likelihood of a boy I think there is still a chance for a girl but It comes down to you get what God gives you and what's best for your family.

Not sure why tall girls have more boys, maybe the testosterone is higher? Its probably got to do with maternal dominance theory. Have you read much on that? That's where they say the more dominant or successful a woman is the more boys she will have because she is able to pass on more of her genetics that way, that's the gist I got from the theory anyway. Not sure if I believe it completely but it is proven that more driven women with high qualifications have more boys.

bythestream
April 13th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Arrghh, was sick for the first time this pregnancy tonight. But at least I feel better afterwards. Just had some vegemite on toast, the aussie girls would know there's nothing better for settling the stomach.

Lizzie Lizard
April 13th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Interesting!! Thanks, bythe******. Wow. I do consider myself driven. Had no idea I had that going against me too. For sure I am having a boy. haha

I will have to read more. I agree with your thoughts too though. I think there was very little I could do to sway my results. I just felt like if I tried these things it was better than not trying. I will hear I am having a boy and know I was just made for boys!

If you don't want to answer and I am asking too personal of a question, please do not answer, but do you think you are having a boy or girl?

bythestream
April 14th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Well I don't know, my heart says its a girl because I prayed for a girl and I believe God will give me the desires of my heart. But in saying that maybe I only think I want a girl if you know what I mean and God knows a boy would be better for my family. In any case i am assuming this is a boy until I hear otherwise then I won't be disappointed. I will be happy with another boy just a bit more excited with a girl.

Just though of someone who is tall successful and driven and has girls, Michelle Obama.

zem7
April 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Its so quiet in here...Next monday I have an apt with my nurse. I hope I will like my new Dr. It feels strange, all my other 4 kids were born in Iowa, We moved to Missouri a little over a year ago, and this baby will now be born here. Will be odd having one from another state. My last pregnancy was so scarry... I am sooo worried that this one will be the same, I am already high risk, even though I am still looking good at this point. Worried...:worry:

BabyGirl4Me
April 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Aww Zem, big hugs. I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully this will be an easier pregnancy for you.

It is quiet in here. I guess after the swaying and being glued to this site for months trying to learn more for the best sway and making all the swaying plans, it seems kind of anti-climatic now to have that BFP and be done with the LE diet and out of the 2ww and all that good stuff.

I moved when I was still pregnant and had DS far from my hometown. It was rough, but DH and I made it through ok. Our marriage got stronger as a result though. Hopefully this pregnancy will be easier for you too. Good luck.

mommymachine
April 15th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone! So happy to still be pregnant! Hope everyone is doing well!

zem7
April 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks, I hope everything gets better. So what did you try and sway for? We are hopeing that this will be a girl, we have 3 boys and only one girl right now. Didn't do any swaying as I didn't think I would be getting pregnant ever again!lol

dreaminginoz
April 15th, 2013, 10:51 PM
It is very quiet in here.... I havent been on i've been so sick and sore as i have an umbilical hernia but have been feeling a bit better yesterday and today.

When are ppl telling family and friends?

I'm trying to keep this preg a secret for as long as possible because i dont think i can take all the gender comments for the next 7 months! Im hope to be able to at least keep it a secret until 4 months...has anyone else been able to keep it a secret for that long?! Im thankful its coming into winter i'll use layers and baggy tops to try hide my bump!

zem7
April 15th, 2013, 11:18 PM
We have 4 people that currently know we are expecting. My MIL, our 2 best friends, and my sister. We plan on telling my family all at once, as soon as we see them all next. Should be late next month. I could never keep it to myself for that long, I show early! I am almost 8 weeks, and already i can deffently see a bump. Can not have my pants on, will have to buy a band or something so I don't have to have yoga pants on all the time. Also would be hard here, its spring. Can't cover up like you! lol Good luck!

mumof6
April 16th, 2013, 12:12 AM
we have only told family and a few close friends
i wont announce over fb etc but the people who are important to us know and they are all that matter ;)
had my first booking appt today - i was measuring 14 weeks which worried the midwife enough to have a quick scan which put me ahead on my dates due nov 2nd now and one healthy babe there.
all scans booked and ms starting to settle thank goodness!!!
i found it a little strange though as we worked out i would be due nov 7th thanks to my dodgy up and down cycle but came out with bub still measuring bigger
that has never ever happened in any of my pregnancies - i have always measured smaller by ultrasound and they have put my dates back not forward.

dreaminginoz
April 16th, 2013, 03:36 AM
zem7 -im so relieved to hear someone else say they are showing at 8 weeks :highfive: .... im nearly 8 wks and i swear im showing too :) my trusty jeans are uncomfortable as are all my other pants but bub is still way to low to be showing i thought? spring - ur so lucky!! we were hoping to wait till spring to ttc cause i think summer is so much nicer to be pregnant than winter.

mumof6 -glad to hear bub is healthy in there and how exciting to have your scans booked and even better than your ms is settling!! I'm hanging out for that day :)

bythestream
April 16th, 2013, 04:25 AM
That's exciting mumof6 glad you got to see bub, hopefully the difference in sizes to your others means its a girl. Or maybe its just a change of lifestyle.

Sorry you've been miserable dreaminginoz glad things are getting better.

Yah for sticky beans mommymachine!

We've started telling people, family and friends. People have actually been really good with gender comments, only I hope this is your girl or do you think its a girl. I always say well you can't order :-)

bythestream
April 16th, 2013, 04:26 AM
I think Im showing a bit too but it could be just bloating

bythestream
April 16th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I wonder how accurate the fundal measurement is this early mumof6?

mumof6
April 16th, 2013, 06:55 AM
i think it could have been a combo of full bladder and i've put on an embarassing amount of weight already :/ i could feel her pushing down on my bladder when she was measuring. anyone else with significant weight gain already? i'm feeling really sluggish and gross - too early to be showing but i look "fat" not pregnant

zem7
April 16th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I don't know if it is too early to actually be showing. But I deffently have a 'pregnant' belly. I am a small person to begin with. I am 5 feet 1, and usually am only around 120. I have now lost 5 pounds because of the MS! With my 3 boys I put on weight fast, but with my first and only girl. I lost 15 pounds in the first tri. So I have my fingers crossed this is a girl, but it is still different from my other girl, I haven't actually gotten 'sick'. I just can't for the life of me eat anything. I try but after a few bites I just can't do it anymore. I can hardly even drink anything...err. Hope everyone is having a good week!

zem7
April 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Can someone tell me how to put one of those pregnancy trackers on my posts?

mommymachine
April 16th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Can someone tell me how to put one of those pregnancy trackers on my posts?

Click on my tickers and it should take you to the site, make your own and then you have to copy the "code" underneath and paste it on your signature:)

dreaminginoz
April 17th, 2013, 02:06 AM
mumof6 - i have put on 2.5kgs already! Admittedly i did indulge in a few extra easter eggs but not 2.5kgs worth!!

I think its a combination of a complete slow down of digestion and lack of movement for me. I totally feel the same, sluggish and ickk. Im so embarrassed when i do the school run now cause im trying to wear looser tops but its never really been my style so ive seen a few of the mum look a few seconds longer than normal lol but none of them dare ask casue they cant be sure as i just look like i have a bit of a tummy....

anyone doing any exercise?? Im going to the swimming pool tonight to walk laps like the old ladys hahah

bythestream
April 17th, 2013, 07:09 AM
No energy to exercise, especially since I've had a nasty cold. Funny story the teacher asked my ds1 what mummy was good at doing, mothers day project I think, and he says sitting down doing nothing. Ahhh kids! Im usually a really busy active person but he only remembers the last few weeks. I think I've only put on a kilo though and that is probably just on my boobs :bigsmile:

mindyjean
April 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I've already put on 7 pounds--probably because I could start eating normally again and get off that darn LE diet! I've had to do the rubber band around my pants for comfort. Last weekend I got all of my maternity clothes washed and organized because I think I'll need them earlier than I did with my previous pregnancies!

BabyGirl4Me
April 17th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Is anyone else having a really hard time with morning sickness? I don't remember having it this bad with DS. I find that constant snacking is the only thing that really helps me now. I've definitely put on weight, although I haven't checked the scale. I don't want to take medication so I'm trying to eat "smarter" and have smaller snacks when I need them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I am only about 7.5 weeks along. I hope this gets better soon.

bythestream
April 18th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Yeah my morning sickness comes and goes. All the mucous from my cold is making it worse. Last night I coughed so much I threw up in the bed. Luckily my husband hadn't come to bed yet and he avoided being hit then helped me clean up :sad:

dreaminginoz
April 18th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Oh bythe******! What a time your having, sorry to hear that hun :) Kids are so funny arent they hahah im the same usually very active and busy but this bub has floored me and the boys dont know what to do with all this spare time they have while i literally 'lay around'!

Im the same as you Baby4me, my ds's were a breeze compared to this one, i have ms ALL day and night. the boys were just in the afternoons. Constant snacking to try keep the ms away and mostly fruit but sometimes (like yesterday) i had two danish pastries cause i really thought that'd make me feel better - it didnt!

Hopefully it'll pass for us all soon and we can get back to some normality :)

BabyGirl4Me
April 18th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Im the same as you Baby4me, my ds's were a breeze compared to this one, i have ms ALL day and night. the boys were just in the afternoons. Constant snacking to try keep the ms away and mostly fruit but sometimes (like yesterday) i had two danish pastries cause i really thought that'd make me feel better - it didnt!

Hopefully it'll pass for us all soon and we can get back to some normality :)

That is SO unfair, isn't it? I get this idea in my head that making something or eating sweets or a specific fruit will make me feel better, then I make it or eat it and it doesn't help much. I should be rewarded with feeling better for my efforts, lol

dreaminginoz
April 18th, 2013, 10:10 PM
i picked up some Ginger beer today so im hoping that is going to work!

bythestream
April 19th, 2013, 07:05 AM
I've got some ginger beer cordial, I have it with lots of ice and it does make me feel better for a little while.

BabyGirl4Me
April 19th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Ice cold ginger beer sounds delicious! Enjoy ladies!

bythestream
April 20th, 2013, 01:30 AM
So my energy has returned a bit the last few days. I even managed to organise a lovely little birthday for my ds1, he's turning 5. Hubby and I cleaned the house and I made a birthday cake. He just had 3 little boys from school so it wasn't too stressful. They didn't even make any mess, just ran around playing pirates (that was the theme). So now I have a relatively clean house :bigsmile:. I might even take the boys out for a walk this afternoon for the first time in weeks.

And my Hubby bought home some figs, mmmm. What should I make?

zem7
April 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Hopefully you pass on some of your energy to me!! I still feel like I can't do anything! So sick, hard time eating. Have been eating fruit as much as I can (issues with the bathroom). Have a visit with my nurse on monday, hopeing I like my new dr. So worried I wont like him....

bythestream
April 21st, 2013, 12:41 AM
I think I did over do it, was exhausted and nauseous by evening and again today :sad:

6bluewant1pink
April 21st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Hey ladies most of my morning sickness seem to have left (knock on wood) lol. I do notice a little nausea at times and eating seems to help but sometimes i get sick after eating weird. i know this time around i am so worn out! I have zero energy! My DH wants to DTD like every 2 to 3 days. I hate the fact of DTD i do not wanna be touched i like ill when he touches me. Sometimes i go to bed early, or say i am not feeling well to avoid him begging me lol. I feel so bad cause with my other pregnancy's i was all for DTD.
Have any of you had yeast infections early in pregnancy? I am 10wks now and have one now never had one this early before. I usually get UTI every pregnancy for some reason right after getting a BFP.

zem7
April 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
I also get a infection when pregnant. Usually it is early on, make sure you get meds for it. Could hurt the baby, but I'm sure you already know that. I don't know why I get them, never have gotten one when I am not pregnant. Also I usually don't get any after 20 weeks. Have lost 5 pounds so far and I am just over 8 weeks...I can't eat, every time I try i just get sick. I have tried eating the small meals but that dosen't seem to help at all. Anyone got any tips on foods that i could eat? I have tryed everything....Getting so frustrating..

6bluewant1pink
April 22nd, 2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks Zem7 but my UTI is cleared up i already took meds very early part of my pregnancy. I have 2 more days of the YI cream and i will be done hopefully it won't visit again lol.

Try applesauce, or fruit that seem to help me when i couldn't eat at first.

zem7
April 22nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
sorry if this is posted twice somewhere, pushed the wrong butten to enter it. Anyways had my nurse visit today and found out I have lost 10 pounds, so I now weigh 110 pounds...man just wish I could eat already. Also found out I have a UTI lol so have to start taking meds for that today. Fun fun.

Lizzie Lizard
April 22nd, 2013, 07:20 PM
6bluewant1pink, I am exactly with you!! Thanks for posting that! I am bascially over the nausea after eating here and there (but I do that not pregnant too!) And I cannot stand at the moment hubby wanting to DTD. I feel bad too. With my other pregnancy I wasn't like this... maybe it will pass? Anyway, just loved hearing someone going through the same.

Oh, and zero energy too. I work from home and usually when I am not busy I am so productive cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc. Now I nap when I am not busy and then can barely get off the couch to walk the dog! My doc says fatigue is the last to go. Ugh.

Hope you continue to feel better and have more energy.

BabyGirl4Me
April 23rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
6blue - lucky you! I wish my m/s would go away! Zem - I have been forcing myself to eat lots of small meals during the day. Sometimes I want to have a legitmate meal, other times I have to make myself eat cereal and/or crackers just to put something in my stomach. Usually once I have a little food in my stomach it goes away for a few hours. As far as what to eat goes...I have no idea. Sometimes I see something and can eat that, other times I don't want to eat anything at all. Saltine or soda crackers are my only friends then. I also love white grape juice, but I usually have to water it down a little because its too strong to drink on its own. Ginger ale/beer can be helpful too. Good luck!

mumof6
April 23rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
6blue- same here too. ms has all but gone still nauseous here and there though. especially when i have overdone it.
i feel terrible though as my hubby has been working 7 days straight and i have done nothing but the basics in the house. i was supposed to get our rumpus room ready to change into a bedroom but i havent even made any kind of attempt to start.

yes for the YI here too - i havent ever had one so early and only had them when i was pregnant with my twins and i had them non stop from about 25ish weeks pregnant with them.
does it make me mean that i am kinda grateful for the YI coz i really dont feel like dtd right now and it gives me a break without hubby getting angry with me since he wants it ALL the time.

eeek i can book a gender scan from mother's day onwards - i'm kinda scared to find out this time.
what is everyone else doing? elective gender scan, waiting til morph scan or staying team green?

hopefull ms starts slowing down for everyone very soon <3

bythestream
April 24th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Really hoping peoples ms eases up, mine comes and goes but really not as bad as it was. How exciting mumof6! I really want to find out asap but not sure if it will happen. Thinking of going when I go visit my sister (there is no place near us) but I think my DH will be disappointed because he'd really like to be there. Should really just be patient and wait for the morph scan.

Did you decide to do the blood test Lizzie? You must almost know by now!

Lizzie Lizard
April 24th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hi bythe******... I just went in today for the blood test, but decided to pass on the gender scan one. It is still $300 out of pocket with insurance. I am doing the first trimester screen, but $300 seemed a little steep for information I can find out in a few weeks anyway. The nurse said just do the regular screen and wait for the sex.

My ob sends the 1st tri screen to a perinatal specialist for the neck measurement, etc. Last time when I went I asked if he would take a peek at the sex. He predicted boy, and that is what I had, so I figured I will ask him again when I go in for that in 2 weeks.

I am kinda scared to find out also! I figure I am having a boy, but it is fun to have a hope for a girl a little longer. I had a hilarious dream that they were giving out blue tickets if you were having a boy and pink tickets if you were having a girl. I got a green ticket. I asked what this meant and they said, well, there is a good chance you are having a girl. I was so excited in my dream (and when I woke up!) haha. Then I realized, well isn't there always the chance I am having a girl? :)

zem7
April 26th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Well I have been having some spotting last night and this morning...I am going in in about an hour to get it checked out. Wish me luck, although I am not holding out much hope....

mindyjean
April 26th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Oh no, zem7, I hope everything is okay.

zem7
April 26th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Well I went to the Dr. today. They found the baby and said it has a strong heat beat! They could not figure out where the bleeding was from, but said that the baby and sack look healthy. I also found out that in less than a week I lost another 4 pounds. So I am now down 14 pounds...He put me on some meds for MS. I took one right after I got it, still feel sick??.. Does it take a few days to get in your system or what is wrong with me.. Guess the good news is that for now, the baby looks ok.

bythestream
April 26th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Glad your bub is fine Zem, that was a bit of a scare. Im not sure about the meds but I hope you feel better soon.

BabyGirl4Me
April 26th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Ugh, my ms has been horrible today. I am soooooooo over living like this.

My first appointment with my midwife is on Wednesday. I hope I like her. I am debating asking for a Rx for something to help the nausea. I don't really like taking medication, but I can't keep doing this every day.

I'm also waking up in the middle of the night to pee, and finding I can't go back to sleep because of anxiety. I'm tired, just not able to get to sleep. It's really not even that anything is "wrong" I just feel anxious in the middle of the night.

It's 8:30 here but I'm exhausted. I need to do some laundry but I really just want to go to bed now. Ugh, hate this crap. :(

Lizzie Lizard
April 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM
So glad things look good, Zem. BabyGirl4 Me, I wake up at least 2 times a night to pee and then can't go back to sleep. I assume it's the hormones talking. (Sometimes I have anxiety in the middle of the night, but this has been consistent since about 6 or so weeks...) It's terrible, huh? Hope you get to sleeping better.

dreaminginoz
April 29th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Hi girls, so happy to read ppl are starting to feel better with ms, BabyGirl4Me - im the same up to pee, then cant get back to sleep then exhausted the rest of the day, its a vicious cycle!!

sorry i havent been on for a while, ive had bad nausea and practically living at the drs atm as i have an umbilical hernia which is causing me all kinds of issues. Poor DH has had to take the last week off just to look after me and the boys cause i can barely get outta bed the pain is so bad, it comes in waves...3-4days of absolute agony and then 1-2 days where its a lot more manageable - weird. I have a referral for a surgical consult as the dr thinks i may have to have it operated on while preg but was kinda hoping that didnt have to happen so we shall see when i get the consult.

So glad those of us due in the 2nd half of nov are starting to come up to the end of the 1st trimester!! I dont know about anyone else but i thought this preg was gonna be a dream and joyous and i feel the complete opposite, tired, bloated,looking shocking and feeling horrid! Definately the last pregnancy for me no matter what the gender!!

zem7
April 29th, 2013, 10:41 AM
My pregnancies have gotten more bad each time. My first the only thing that was bad was the MS, the second I started to get low blood pressure issues, the third I had the low bloodpressure issues, to the point that they were worried for both of our safty, the 4th still the low blood pressure they were worried again also fell down at 34 weeks and went into preterm labor, they were able to stop it (thank god) during birth at almost 39 weeks we found out that he had the cord around his neck. They say he was close to death, would not have been able to save him if I wasn't in the hospital. We all believe that it happened when I fell. They did an ultrasound at 34 weeks and saw that he was supposed to get to be my biggest baby. When he was born he was my smallest. OH am I sooo worried about this pregnancy, after the last few I never wanted to go through any of that again...Well here we are and i am a little scared!

zem7
April 29th, 2013, 11:53 AM
So I had a little freek out session this morning...I have been spotting since last thursday, still spotting today. I did see the dr on fri. BUT I am still spotting? so I called again today, and asked what I should do, do I need to worry, because I am freeked.... Do you guys think this is over reacting or would you be the same? they might send me to have a proper ultrasound done in a few days to check it out....
:worry:

bythestream
April 29th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Dreaminginoz how awful I really hope the pain eases for you soon. And Zem I would be freaking out too, you really haven't had an easy time of it but Im sure bub is still fine. Its so hard not to stress though, I hope they give you another scan to ease your fears.

dreaminginoz
April 29th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks Bythe****** :) How are you feeling these days? - your almost out of the first trimester!

bythestream
April 30th, 2013, 05:21 AM
I know! 12 weeks on Thursday. Have been feeling better, only every few days I feel rotten now. Still haven't heard from the hospital, my gp sent a referral at 7 weeks might have to give them a call.

zem7
May 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Everyone is so quiet! 10 weeks today, wish it was 12 just so I could get over this MS.... How is everyone feeling lately?

zem7
May 3rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Oops should have said 10 weeks yesterday not today..

bythestream
May 3rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
I was wondering how you were doing Zem, did your spotting stop? And are you feeling a bit better yet? Im just starting to pop out now. The first 12weeks seem to drag a bit don't they, when you can't feel movement yet and you're unwell.
How are you going dreaminginoz? Has your pain eased yet?

zem7
May 3rd, 2013, 11:54 PM
Yes than goodness the spotting has stopped. Haven't seen the baby since before so still worried, but I still have all the pregnancy signs, so not too worried. It just seems like I am having one big problem after the next with this pregnancy. Now I am having severe breathing problems, I have to now take some class C meds to help me...So now I have a new worry, hopeing that it dosen't affect the baby in any way...oh, I just wish it would go nice, just for a little while...Sorry for my little cry down. It may be the pregnancy talking, but I have been so let down lately and scared that something bad will happen to this baby. I know we weren't expecting it at all, but i have grown attached to this little one over the last few weeks, and couldn't stand it if something bad happened....Hope everyone else is feeling in better mood that I am!!

dreaminginoz
May 4th, 2013, 06:07 AM
zem7 i feel the same, wasnt expecting this bub but have grown attached to it over the few weeks its been here and am also worried something is not right - cant wait for my scan in 2 weeks! Bythe****** so cute! you have to post a pic when your ready!!! The ms is still really keeping me down once it hits around 1pm everything is a struggle, but keeping positive - it can only get better as time goes by :) In other news i have to have surgery on my umbilical hernia during my pregnancy...still waiting for the surgeon to schedule a date. Apparently there will be no impact on the baby so Im not too scared but surgery is always a concern really, guess ill just have to take it as it comes....

Babygirl4me how are you going hun? Anyone got any scans scheduled?

bythestream
May 4th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Glad the spotting has stopped Zem. Im so sorry you have had such a hard time of it, I really hope things improve from here.

Dreaminginoz I hope they can do your surgery soon, I know how many problems you've had. Im sure it will go fine.

I just found out today good friends are due 2 weeks after me. I love having friends pregnant at the same time.

I'll try to post a pic in the next few days of my belly.

Over the past few days I've been given two girly gifts. My MIL gave me a pink knitted cardigan, and my friend a gorgeous little girly bib she made. I also bought a little pink jumpsuit with babushka dolls on it (it was reduced to $6, so I couldn't walk past). But even with these things my GD hasn't been too bad. Sure I'll be disappointed to never have a girl but another boy will be so special too. I was talking to my friend today and really I don't even like girl toys or movies or heaps of pink clothes, boy stuff is heaps cooler. Id really just like to know either way but I don't think that will happen until my morph scan at 20 weeks.

mumof6
May 4th, 2013, 08:12 AM
how has everyone been doing mood wise? i have been terrible this time
i am so bitchy and emotional it's ridiculous - my dh says he cant handle this for much longer :/
not sure if it's the fact that this is looking like another boy mixed with general preggo hormones or i'm just more of a wreck now than i ever have been during any of my pregnancies. GD is hitting hard right now
i look like crap - my skin is disgusting on my face and my back and i never ever get pimples anywhere i usually have great skin
my hair is terrible i cant do anything with it and i feel fat and bloated all the time.

geez i'll hit 14w tomorrow god help me if this all continues hubby just might leave me if i keep this up ;) to my defence though he doesnt help when he says things deliberately to hurt and upset me :/

who is having a gender scan? i am having mine next week on saturday the 11th - do we have any gut feelings on genders?
nausea is on and off still but i can finally stand to smell coffee again so it cant be too far off from leaving me!!!

NERI
May 4th, 2013, 12:24 PM
hi ladies,i am new to this website and swayed for a girl,due 11th november 2013,hows everyone feeling?

dreaminginoz
May 5th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Welcome Neri :) Do you have any DSs? How are you feeling? How many weeks- 13? are you finding out gender?!

mumof6 - Totally the same here in regards to mood - its a seeeerious moody rollercoast ride at my house, i cry or lose it at the drop of a hat, my husband gets the brunt of it and i also think he doesnt help himself much when he says hurtful things...its not my fault!! its the hormones!!! GDwise im going really well, dont mind boy/girl at this stage...ask me when i find out at 20wks and i might say otherwise :worry:

On the skin and hair - me too!!! i have pimples that dont want to leave my face, its so embarrassing cause i usually have really clear skin, even some of my friends have made comments! - DH and i still havent told anyone we are preg yet trying to keep it on the downlow for now.

I have my 12 week scan to book in for but not sure if we will find out the sex yet so wont be having a gender scan just the 20wk scan...closer to the date we'll make a decision as to whether we will find out i think...

bythe******, is it nervewrecking getting girly gifts? i cant bring myself to wander down any isles that have girly items...im in gender denial bliss for the time being!

bythestream
May 5th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Hi NERI and welcome :bigsmile:

Mumof6 Im feeling quite a bit better now Im past 12weeks. Im really hoping this is your girl and you are able to find out at your scan, Im sure just knowing either way will improve your mood anyway. Its horrible being in limbo.

I wish I could get an early gender scan, but I don't think its going to happen. There is no where that does it anywhere near where we live. Im visiting my sister at the end of may, and I'll be 15weeks, so I could get a scan then but there is no guarantee the baby will cooperate and I wouldn't be able to go for a follow up. It is also $150, and if its a boy will I be miserable the rest of the weekend? I don't want to spoil time with my sister, so I think Ill just wait for my morph scan.

My ds1 is so cute, he's 5 and we asked him if he had any ideas for baby names (we did tell him we might not use it). So he said the other day that he thinks it should be Harold if it was a boy, Im not so keen on that one. But tonight he said he liked Maisy for a girl which I actually quite like and had never considered it before. We asked him when we had DS2 as well and he wanted to call him House, but he was only 2 and a half then. Anyone ask their kids about baby names?

mumof6
May 5th, 2013, 07:49 AM
welcome Neri :) how is your pregnancy so far?

i never had these mood swings with my others lol it's crazy and i know im being irrational but i just cant help myself
Hopefully the moods will improve when i find out for sure either way - once i know i can start shopping and getting used to the idea

as for names we have settled on Ashton Charlie for a boy, we've always kept our girl name a surprise because it's quite different and also i have it in my head it's gonna be badluck to tell anyone our girl name ;)
we havent really mentioned baby names to the kids but will be fun to see what they think!!

I have noticeably put on weight all over - hubby said i look chubby all round :(
my arms are even getting big and i never put weight on in my arms

NERI
May 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
hi i have 1 ds,i am 13+4,i am not finding out the gender as this will be my last,want it to be suprise but wanted some guesses from here,but noone knows.this pregnancy is so different to my 1st one so i am all new to it.really sick and tired and headaches,spots,gaining weight plus this baby is big for its size.hopefully its a girl sign.good luck to you.we just started telling everyone.when are you due?

bythestream
May 6th, 2013, 04:34 AM
That's not very nice of your hubby mumof6. Even if a woman is getting chubby you don't tell them. I really hope you do feel a bit better soon, I wouldn't worry about the weight too much. It might just be your bodies reaction to coming off the diet if you were doing LE.

Sorry I have no clues about the gender of your bub NERI, you are brave waiting until birth. But whatever gender it is it will be nice for your son to have a sibling.

mumof6
May 6th, 2013, 05:04 AM
yep he's always been known to be brutally honest - and yes i was doing LE so think that may have contributed to it a bit as after 12 months ttc and restricting what i eat, drink etc
i tend to eat small meals a few times a day rather than 3 big meals as i still get queasy but i'm not going overboard with eating everything in sight and i'm not hungry all the time either

i have terrible headaches too - mine is due to iron deficiency, when my iron is getting low i start getting headaches and sharp pains in my eyes

bythestream
May 6th, 2013, 07:42 PM
That doesn't sound good at all, are you taking a supplement? Its not nice feeling so unwell all the time. And I really think you're body will go back to normal once bub is here, especially if you breastfeed, I find the weight drops off me when Im feeding.

Lizzie Lizard
May 6th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Hi girls,

I had my 12 week scan today at the perinatal specialist... Last time I asked him to look at the gender and he did. He predicted boy and he was right! (I go back to the same guy for my 20 week scan.) I totally chickened out this time. I just want to enjoy the mystery longer. I swayed girl, but know there is a good chance, of course, that it is a boy and I just am not ready to know yet.

Is that so crazy? Everything looked good on the scan though and he gave me a really sweet pic of the head profile. It made me excited all over again and the sex didn't matter as much. So maybe I will be ready at the 20 week scan.

mumof6
May 6th, 2013, 08:06 PM
yes i have been on supplements for over 10 years - i have 3 monthly iron checks
i am on a lifetime supply of iron supplements so i just have to grin and bare it really whether pregnant or not pregnant.
hopefully it will lol i dont have work to go back to this time, my last 2 babies i was back at work and dropped it quickly as my job was very physical but i quit my job sept last year so i'll have to join the gym this time lol

i'm finding i've accepted that this is very likely a boy and am getting a little excited about shopping etc the one thing i am having trouble with is dealing that i will never ever live out that pink dream and give my boys that little sister that they really want and having that little girl that i have always desperately wanted
only 4 more days until my gender scan now

mumof6
May 6th, 2013, 08:52 PM
glad to hear all went well Lizzie :)
yes i know how you feel, i wish i hadnt been given a full profile shot at my 12w u/s since then i've been stressing big time since it wont change the gender!!

bythestream
May 6th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Yah for a healthy baby Lizzie!

What time is your scan mumof6? I really hope bub cooperates

mumof6
May 6th, 2013, 11:46 PM
it's saturday 1pm SA time bythe****** :)
oh so do i lol but knowing this one it will be less than co operative!!!

bythestream
May 7th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Ill be stalking

zem7
May 7th, 2013, 11:12 PM
5W by Natures Sunshine and EPO- I know I have a lot of time till the end of my pregnancy. Just wondering has anyone used these in the end of pregnancy? Did it work or not? How much did you take of each. My midwife said that she may start me on this twards the end. I think she said at 35 weeks.
I am also going to ask this in a another place, but thought I would ask here also. Thanks all.

bythestream
May 8th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Id never heard of 5W until I just googled it then, I don't think you can get it in Australia. I took RLT with both my boys, will probably do that again. And I might give EPO a go this time though.

Are you feeling a bit better yet Zem?

zem7
May 8th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Well the breathing has gotten better, but hasen't gone away. I took my last pills last night. I just hopes it dosen't start to come back, I don't want to have to get a shot also... Other than that, I am feeling better, MS is not every day anymore. So I don't have to take those pills as much. I have my 12 week apt. next week on Tue. I am so excited to hear/see (if he lets me) this little one again. I can't remember, but when do you start feeling your uterus? i am just excited for that one more thing, to help me believe everything is growing in there.

bythestream
May 10th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Does anyone else's bumps change in size dramatically through the day? In the morning mine is tiny then by bed I look 6 months pregnant. Its like my muscles can hold it all in in the morning but by night they just give up.

BabyGirl4Me
May 10th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Bythe****** - I noticed that too with my last pregnancy. The muscles seems to be able to hold together in the morning but by the end of the day my bump is more visible now. Very strange!

Quite a bit more activity here now! Things are OK with me. I'm not sure if the ms is getting better or I'm getting used to it/I'm used to snacking more often which is the only thing that helps.

I am going for an early gender scan on May 24th. I'll be 13 weeks by then and the tech claims she can tell gender at 12+4 in most cases. I was going to go with MaterniT21 but I decided that I didn't want to shell out the thousands of dollars to find out gender when I can realistically just wait about another week or so from when I would have gotten the results back and pay less than 1/10th of what the test costs out of pocket.

I'm still afraid of this baby. I know that sounds stupid but I was just devastated when I found out DS was a boy because I wanted a little girl so badly. I don't wanna get hurt again and I feel like I have so much riding on this pregnancy. At this point I think I just want closure and I need the emotional roller coaster to end. DH is convinced that this baby is a girl (he was right about DS) and I'm trying to hold on to that as hope. I'll be glad when the waiting will be over in 2 weeks.

squamgirl
May 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hello ladies-
It's been quite awhile since I've checked in. I was so sick that I couldn't sit at the computer for more than a few minutes.
I'm finally able to eat a little more now.

As some of you have said you're experiencing- I'm small in the morning and then look very pregnant at bedtime. It's crazy!

Because of my age, I did the Harmony prenatal test. I wanted to know if any of the trisomies would be a problem so I could prepare myself in advance if our child might have special needs. I wanted to be ready with resources to help the child. Fortunately all the labs came back normal.
While we were at it with the Harmony test, we found out the gender and....

We're having a GIRL!!!!!

Our boys really wanted a little sister, so they are very happy. And of course, we are over the moon!

I'm hoping for everyone else that you'll be getting the gender you are praying for also.

BabyGirl4Me
May 10th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Squamgirl - congratulations on your baby girl!!

bythestream
May 11th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Yes congratulations on your girl Squamgirl

Lizzie Lizard
May 11th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Yay!!! The first girl!! So exciting! I needed to hear some good news to keep me hopeful. So excited for you, Squamgirl!

mumof6
May 12th, 2013, 04:19 AM
congrats on your little girl Squamgirl
very jealous lol

i am having a boy
tech says there was something between the legs so it must be a boy and left it at that.
i'm totally and utterly crushed.

Turtle over at babycentre says that she wouldnt even try to determine gender with the pic i got and that at 14w6d or 14w3d going by lmp and O dates is way too early and that both genders still have a nub so therefore there will be a protrusion between the legs in both genders.
the pic of i got is of cord not penis and scrotum, the whole 4d scan baby had "his" hands down there playing with the cord between the legs.
she has said to not trust what the tech told me since it was a quick scan and she was silly enough to tell me that it's a boy based on "something" between the legs.

ah well i'm sure it is a boy - we just arent lucky enough to ever have a girl
i was really disappointed the tech was a cow and didnt even check the blood flow through the cord to check if it was cord she was seeing or not.
i havent had a gender scan this early - i had them with my other boys at 17w and the tech i had was really thorough and checked everything for me and still had the same length of time to do it in

squamgirl
May 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Ah mumof6- there's still hope, right? Will you have another gender scan? Hopefully you can have another scan and find that it's a cord.
Fingers crossed for you!

mumof6
May 12th, 2013, 07:50 PM
i honestly doubt it iykwim? i have 6 boys so it's not all that likely i could have ever actually be lucky enough to get a girl
i have my anatomy scan at 20w3d june 20th
hubby wont let me but blue just yet - i say eh we all know what it's gonna be anyway so i may as well buy blue.

bythestream
May 12th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Im sorry your scan didn't go well mumof6 but I agree there is still some hope. I really think you should listen to turtle and don't get to down yet.

I had my booking in today, went well. She found it hard to find the heartbeat because I have a noisy anterior placenta but she found it eventually and it was 140, that's boy territory isn't it? My anatomy scan is also on the 20th of June mumof6! We'll be finding out on the same day, my appt is at 1

dreaminginoz
May 13th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Zem7 i plan on using EPO this time around as DS2 was 2 weeks over and those were 2wks of hell!! Not only was it agaonising having to deal with everyone calling every 5 secs to see if he was here yet, my tummy was stretched sooo much and was tight and horrible and i managed to put on another 2/3kgs just in that time!! Definately going to try everything and anything from about 36wks!!

Congrats Squamgirl :) As someone else said this gives me hope that i may have a little girl growing! YAY!!

bythe******, so glad your scan went well, im not sure about hbs, my boys were always around 160/170 so i guess there is no true indicator if that is the case!

ms here is finally starting to subside so im have been able to get myself together and be useful the past few days! lol hubby is just pleased ive managed to do a few loads of laundry!!

Looking forward to hearing about your scans ladies and hopefully some good news. I have my 12wk scan on 21st May and ill be 12+4wks so not expecting to see anything just hoping for a healthy bub xx

mumof6
May 13th, 2013, 02:59 AM
glad to hear all went well :)
my boys all ranged from 130-180 this bub has been 160 at both scans
we didnt find heartbeat on the doppler at my first booking appt
mine is at 10.30am i'll be checking to see how yours went too!!

i know there is always a chance as a girl can be mistaken for a boy still at this stage but im really not holding out hope. hoping i can start dealing with it and if by any chance i get the surprise of my life then either way i'll be ok

FX for lots of healthy babes

Rainbow road
May 13th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hello all- I'm new here!

I'm due on the 19th of november with bub number one. We had our NT scan last week and saw a healthy happy bubba.

The nub has everyone divided though! 11218

Any thoughts?

zem7
May 13th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Wow so quiet! I have a dr. visit tomorrow, looking forward to hearing the heart beat! What did everyone do this weekend for mothers day? We ended up going to visit some friends of ours for the weekend. Had a nice supper and went and saw the new Iron Man. It was awesome lol.

Lizzie Lizard
May 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Mum of 6, I am so sorry. I agree though, it's too soon to tell (mine said that if there is something between the legs he gives it a 75% chance of being a boy as it can be a lot of other things that early). Especially since your tech sounded bad!!

mumof6
May 13th, 2013, 06:54 PM
welcome rainbow road :) congrats on a healthy bub
im terrible with nubs so i wont even venture a guess lol
i am off to womens health as soon as i take the kids to school i had quite a big bleed through the night - i woke up around 5am soaked and it's still going :(
i've never bled this late through pregnancy so i'm on edge right now and kids are really stressing me out.

mothers day was just a normal day - hubby slept in and i cleaned the house nothing out of the ordinary lol
got some really cute handmade gifts from the kids

bythestream
May 13th, 2013, 07:17 PM
oh no mumof6 my thoughts and prayers are with you and your bub. Really hoping its nothing to worry about.

welcome rainbow road! i'm sorry I have no idea about nubs either, what are you hoping for?

mommymachine
May 13th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Hope everything is ok mumof6!

Just popping into say hi. Almost 12 weeks and still morning sickness almost every morning. My 16-month old thinks its totally normal to spit into the toilet. My NT scan is in 8 days. I hope everything is ok. Saw baby at 10 weeks and everything was fine then! I'm looking forward to nub-sessing. Hope everyone is doing well! Mumof6 please update us!

mumof6
May 13th, 2013, 09:08 PM
thanks so much ladies i just got back bub is fine i had a scan. they heard heartbeat so everything is thankfully ok
my cervix was closed so they didnt know where the blood was coming from so its just a matter of taking it easy and not overdoing it

dreaminginoz
May 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM
mumof6 - such a relief to hear bub and you are fine...make sure you take it easy now :)

Welcome rainbowroad, i wont hazard a guess as i am clueless about nubs, will you be finding out or are you team green?

bythestream
May 13th, 2013, 09:28 PM
so good to hear mumof6. Yes take it easy.

Rainbow road
May 13th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome :D

We are definitely finding out! I'm not fussed on what I get but I have been thinking it's a little girl so it would be nice if it was as I've been talking to if as though it is!

DP thinks it's a boy, so either way one of us will be right :o

squamgirl
May 14th, 2013, 09:00 AM
mumof6- thank goodness the baby is fine. How scary to bleed this late! I hope you can take it easy and rest!

Rainbow road- welcome! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy experience.

Mother's Day- DS#1 brought in toast and water for me at 6:35 am! DS#2 came in a few minutes later with his present from school. Then DH took care of them while I slept in awhile longer (he's been taking care of them for the last two months while I've been sick). We went to church and rested in the afternoon. DH gave me a gift certificate to a nearby cupcake bakery- it's enough to go try a new cupcake every month. My dad came by on Saturday to visit (my mom's out of town helping my sister with surgery) and brought me a beautiful cake. It was really a lovely weekend spent with sweet men and boys.

Lizzie Lizard
May 15th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Mumof6, so glad everything is good!!

bythestream
May 19th, 2013, 11:33 PM
very quiet in here. how is everyone feeling? has morning sickness eased up? i'm actually feeling pretty good most of the time now. still get tired easily though.

dreaminginoz
May 20th, 2013, 12:18 AM
glad ur starting to feel better bythe****** :)

I'm still a bit queasy at night but no where near as bad as previous weeks...i finally found something to take away that nauseous feeling - gum! im concerned about the sweetener but it works so well im overlooking that! i have my 12wk scan tomorrow so thats exciting for us this week....anyone else have a scan this week? Also is there something specific i should ask her during my scan..i was thinking of asking her about the placenta and where that is located/attached...anyone else done this?

bythestream
May 20th, 2013, 01:51 AM
that will be exciting to see bub dreaminginoz!

Lizzie Lizard
May 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM
It is quiet in here! I am feeling good. I was having really bad ligament pains? (Any of you having this?) One day they lasted all day. I went back to my OB for my next checkup last week and it all made sense. I have an inverted uterus (this was all news to me) she said that's why my ligament pain is so bad. My ligaments are literally pulling my uterus up from the "inverted" position. I heard the heart beat for the first time! (My inverted uterus is why even with my last pregnancy I don't hear the heart beat for forever...)

Anyway, my doc said my uterus is almost up to where it needs to be so the pain should ease up soon. I am finally feeling less tired. Now only maybe ever 3-4 days I have a bad day. For awhile there I was so exhausted every day...

I have not had any nausea for weeks now. I feel so so bad for you guys that are still having it. I cannot even imagine. Hang in there!! xoxo

mommymachine
May 20th, 2013, 07:03 PM
My NT scan is tomorrow! Still have morning sickness and yes I get ligament pain. Also, my uterus is out of my pelvis!!!

BabyGirl4Me
May 20th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Wow Lizzie sorry to hear about this inverted uterus! Ouch! I think I'd rather deal with more m/s than have your pain. I am sorry and hope you're feeling better. Glad you got to hear baby's heartbeat tho!

My scan is in 4 days and I am going crazy with anxiety. I'm trying sooooo hard to think positive thoughts and it's really hard. I'm exhausted too. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight and all of you will too! Hope all is well with you ladies.

Lizzie Lizard
May 20th, 2013, 07:12 PM
BabyGirl4Me, it's not so bad! It's real common, I just didn't know I had it till my 10 week scan. :)

Your next scan is in 4 days? I just got anxiety scheduling my 20 week scan for gender on July 1st! Good luck! Eeeeekkkk! Stay positive!! It will be what it will be... :)

bythestream
May 20th, 2013, 08:46 PM
the only ligament pain i've had is from jumping out of bed too quickly thank goodness. i'm sorry you've been so sore lizzy.

BabyGirl4Me
May 21st, 2013, 10:11 AM
I'm glad it's not too painful for you Lizzie. I am starting to embrace m/s as a new way of life.

So it turns out that the place I was going to go to for my scan wants me to wait another week so they can be more certain. So I think we're going to go the 1st weekend in June to find out what we're having. I'm totally bummed out about having to wait another week, but it will be more accurate at 14 + 1 or 2, so c'est la vie. :/

dreaminginoz
May 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM
well girls i had my scan today, what do you think?

goodluck for tomorrow MommyMachine!!

BabyGirl4Me
May 21st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Dreaming - I think your baby is super cute but I wish I could read nubs/skulls. Good luck and hope she's a pinky. :)

zem7
May 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
JUST FOR FUN- What gender are you hoping to have? What is your gut feeling on what you will be having? ~~~Just thought we could all play around before a lot of us start finding out what we are having. I sooo want this to be a girl. My gut also says girl, but I don't know if I should trust it or not, because it could just be me wanting one so much that is making me think this is one lol....

mommymachine
May 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM
11360So good news baby looks great! Bad news---no nub shot!!

mommymachine
May 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
JUST FOR FUN- What gender are you hoping to have? What is your gut feeling on what you will be having? ~~~Just thought we could all play around before a lot of us start finding out what we are having. I sooo want this to be a girl. My gut also says girl, but I don't know if I should trust it or not, because it could just be me wanting one so much that is making me think this is one lol....
I too KINDA/maybe/sorta think girl but might be just my desire and not real intuition.

bythestream
May 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM
glad your scans went well dreaminginoz and mommymachine sorry I have no idea on predicting nub or skull theory.

I honestly have no idea what this one is, I keep changing my mind.

I'm also a little worried I'm not putting on enough weight. I have only put on 2kg and I started out quite small (bmi about 19.5). With my boys I was ravenous in the first part of pregnancy but not this time. I think I also started out a bit bigger although I never really weighed myself.