Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know you have done the research but as a mom of 4, you cannot imagine what 4 kids can do to your body- even if you are fit, healthy, etc. I just think you are wasting your money now but it's your money so if it makes you feel better, go for it if you have the money to do it. You can never know how much weight you will put on btw. I put on 30, 30-something, 25 and then a whopping 60 pounds with my final child! I am a size 2 now but I have issues hidden by my clothes. My abs split with along the way so now I am facing a surgical repair to put humpty dumpty back together.

My boobs are bigger than they were when I started all this too. Not that big but bigger. When you BF, you are 2 different sizes a lot of the time with your chest btw!

Just trying to share the reality of child bearing! Your body will change. You can certainly work out and go back to "normal" but it will be a NEW "normal". It's never the same!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree with Nuthinbutpink. Before pregnancy i was 95 lbs, A cups. I have 2 daughters 2 yrs apart. I BF my eldest until she was 4 yrs old & my youngest (almost 3) still nurses.

My breasts are C's. I gained 60 lbs with both girls but I am now finally down to 110 lbs & even though i wear a sz 2 pants, my body is very much morphed. I have stretchmarks & loose droopy skin.

Please don't base it on your mother either. My mother had 5 kids & doesn't have one single stretchmark. I thought I would be just like her, but my 2 kids left their marks from my boobs to my thighs covered in stretchies.
    Last edited by Midwest_Complex; November 14th, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
    *2009* *2012* hoping to add a BOY.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to say I totally agree with nuthinbutpink and Midwest. While I totally understand your desire to get it done, the benefits will be so much stronger if you wait until having babies. Also a friend of mine had exactly the procedure done which you are thinking about and her recovery time was much longer than planned AND she had to have a 2nd surgery a few months later because there were some issues with one breast. Do you want to push back TTC to do the operation?
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know my boobs will sag, even if they don't get permanently enlarged by BFing. My body is almost a clone of my mom's other than the scoliosis/asymmetry, and her boobs are very sagging from 6 years of BFing. I don't relish the idea of sagging boobs but my current asymmetry bothers me so much more.

My mom also has a pot belly, partly genetics as the women in my family store fat there, partly from having kids since I've seen naked pics of her pre-kids. And since she only gained 15-20lbs with each pregnancy, I know it can be a lot worse. But my mother's body is still symmetric, and I don't find it ugly. I don't consider round bellies ugly, it's how my compressed torso gives me perma-rolls that upsets me. If my spine were straight, I know it would look much better and bother me less.

I know childbearing will further change my body, possibly dramatically. If that happens, I'll consider further surgery - though I don't fear those changes. But I am absolutely not willing to wait. If there are complications, I am okay with putting off TTC, though that is unlikely. Still, anything I can do now to restore symmetry...it's something I've wanted for so long. This is really a psychological issue, and not one that i can explain well if you haven't lived in my body. And it IS best done before childbearing, that's a fact.
    Last edited by maidentomother; November 15th, 2014 at 04:52 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck, maidentomother! I hope your surgery and recovery are smooth, and the results are even better than you imagined!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope it all goes as planned and the results are even better than expected
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All I have to say at this point is OUCH. 1 day post OP and I can barely move. Staying in a hotel here in Frankfurt or 2 more nights. Thank god for room service.

My right breast still looks smaller than the left but I do see an improvement., plus my scoliosis throws everything off. I am so anxious to see my fat belly and love handles gone but still in the girdle. I hope they got all the fat!

Surgeon said everything went beautifully (her words). Nurses were soooo nice and comforting. I WAS scared right before.

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you have a speedy recovery and that all you went through is well worth once you look in the mirror!!!
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad everything went well! Hopefully recovery is swift

sent using tapatalk
    It's a boy!
    My Chart