Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Soaked PJs PANIC!

Help, I woke up last night with soaked pyjama bottoms, the top was wet too but not as bad. I had to change into new pjs and there was a damp patch on the sheet too. I smelt my pjs this morning (tmi, sorry) and it's not wee, what's going on? This never happened in my previous pregnancies and I'm terrified it's amniotic fluid and I'm losing the baby! My bump seems smaller today as well which is making me more scared.

Anyone know what's happened? It's about -1 here at the moment so I can't have got too hot overnight surely?

Thanks. X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go to hospital, it could be amniotic fluid! Good luck, hope all is OK.....
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could still be wee even if it doesn't smell, defo get checked out. Good luck x

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a lot of fluid when pregnant!!! I had to wear panty liners and some days pads. But always best to get checked out to be sure.

on her way in 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Firstly I wouldn't freak out as you haven't mentioned any of the "bad" symptoms. I would go to the Dr or the clinic you plan to go though. It could be wee, we all no things change down there no doubt. There is no mistaking that. You might have a infection and your wee is leaking, pregnancy hides all the signs and it can cause M/C if it isn't treated with antibiotics. Let us know how you go!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG! I was really hoping you were all going to reassure me that it was normal! DH says it was a night sweat and I was hot when I woke up until I got out of bed. I googled earlier and they are apparently common in pregnancy due to hormones, so that would explain it happening even though the weather is cold.

The other reason I didn't think it was wee was cos I woke up because I needed a wee. Can you have an infection without any symptoms? I'm not having any burning or anything and not going more often than usual.

My bump looks a little bit bigger again now and I haven't had any cramping, bleeding or any other miscarriage symptoms. Was starting to calm down and think it was probably a hormonal night sweat but I'm starting to worry again now that you're all saying I should get checked out! I'm at work and no-one knows I'm pregnant here yet which makes things harder.
    I'll see how it goes and let you know how I get on.
    x
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had (and still have) nightly sweating to. When it's amniotic fluid it should smell really sweet. I think that is really really rare to have at 9 weeks. Bump size does not say anything because you little one is only a couple of cm. Bump at this time is mostly bowel. Dont worry, I bet everything is fine. And this sounds not so nice but if it really is amniotic then there is not much you can do about it.
    Loves of our lives:

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    JMO but I don't think you have enough amniotic fluid at 9 weeks to cause that.

One time when 9 mos. pg with one of my boys, I slipped and fell onto my bum and had a big gush of fluid which kept leaking till I had the baby 2 weeks later (went to hospital of course and was told it wasn't fluid) and it did not smell like wee at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Wilma, I don't think it smelt sweet, I'll check again when I get home. I may ring the midwives and see what they think. Problem is I'm at work and no-one knows I'm pregnant, so I can't go rushing off, and I know from past experience that sonographers don't work weekends so it's highly unlikely I'd be able to get any reassurance until Monday anyway. Argh, I don't need this stress, why can't things just be straightforward?!

By the way congratulations on getting your DD! I haven't been able to follow everyone from the TTC Pink board unfortunately so I didn't know until I saw your signature, you must be over the moon!

x
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, yes my PJs were damp to the knees front and back, and my top a bit as well. Surely there wouldn't be enough fluid in there yet to cause that? Sweating is much more likely isn't it?
    x
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast