Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglewood View Post
    OMG!!! TWIN GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! xx
    thrilled for you!! congratulations!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia - big hugs to you. I feel the same as you - if I end up with three of a kind, I don't know if I will have the guts to try again. And while I am super happy for everyone, I feel like the luck has to run out somewhere and I will probably end up with another boy. It is so hard to want something different than what you get and have essentially no control over it. GD is the worst thing ever.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    begonia - as you know I swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 (though I didn't sway hard), and for me deciding to try one more time helped with the GD. Honestly, though, I would never have chosen to have 4 kids otherwise. It is a hard decision. Hugs to you - I know how devastated you feel
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    It's so funny to me because this thread is like, all pink swayers, and you're all so happy to get your girls ... and I'm devastated. I think I'd appreciate having girls more if I didn't have three of them. How on earth did you get the guts to sway again? Well some of you I guess it is your first sway! And it seems like most of you wanted 3-4 kids anyway. I just don't know that after 3 of a kind I have the courage to try again; I can't bear the idea of another bout of GD like this, and knowing I tried four times and didn't get my son would drive me nuts I think for the rest of my life! I've been having a hard time again and DH just says we'll try again but I don't think I can do that.
    oh i'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so down I can hear your pain! This was indeed my first sway, but i didn't in all honesty expect to fall pregnant with a girl.. not in a million years.. so I was very scared when I started ttc!! I just knew though that I had to try again regardless because if i didn't I wouldn't have a chance at all of having a girl iyswim. If I would have had another boy I would have tried one last time, but how I would have build up the courage I don't know!
    08 09 12

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {hugs} Begonia. I do know what you mean - as much as I adore my boys, when I read the threads where ladies are desperate for boys I think 'really?!'. I'm not sure that if we had 3 girls we'd be trying for a boy and, if we were, it would be for DH. I wouldn't change them for the world now, it just never occured to to want boys!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia, I only ever wanted 2 kids! a PP and when I never got them I managed to persude Dh to try 1 more time, thinking it will be another boy for sure as it was my first sway and wasn't 100% confident in everything, but we decided only to try till end this year. And OMG, I got 2!! Shocked esp since after dh and I had ds1, got married then decided we would only have 1 more child, we will soon have 4!! I'm still not convinced it is 2 girls either!! And worry I will be a mum of 4 boys!! when all I ever wanted was a PP, then when I had 2 boys, 1 more try for a girl. Dh said definetly NO more than 3 kids for sure, so I knew this was my only chance, but had he said ok for a 4th, I prob would of found the strength from somewhere!! I think had I had 2 girls I would of equally wanted to sway for a boy and understand ur need to do that. I'm sure when she arrives u will feel overwhelming love for her. Have u been for a 4d scan to see her wee face and bond a bit more?
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you guys so much for the support It just sucks so bad! I had an appointment this am with an u/s since they couldn't see her heart at my 20 week scan; she's nice and healthy and huge ... I have to have another scan in a month to monitor growth, check fluid levels (like a car) etc. It was fun to see her ... but if she pops out a he I won't complain for a minute.

I know you all get it; it's weird because I can be happy to have another little girl because I love my 1st two so much ... and at the same time SO sad about not having a son. I really think this is it for us. I think I'd rather live with the disappointment of not having a son than have a 4th kiddo that isn't guaranteed to be a boy. But we'll see. I would have loved for my DD1 in particular to have a brother; all of her best friends are boys and she was definitely hoping this would be a boy.

Anyhow ... she's darling and I need to post a pic, got a sweet little profile shot this morning

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Begonia, can't wait to see a pic of her!! x
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of ((((HUGS)))) B! The only reason I swayed this time was cause we always wanted 3-4 kids. So when DS3 came along I knew I only had one chance to try again. I was content if it's another boy cause I always wanted to have sons so I didn't really feel like I was missing out until after 3 of a kind when it occurred to me that I could possibly never have a DD. I think many of us naturally assume if you have a big family you will likely get at least one of each--that's what I thought. So to answer your question, the only reason I swayed was this was our last baby and before we tried DH and I had to be at peace that we want 4 kids--not trying for a girl. We were emotionally prepared that we want 4 boys and if it ended up being a girl then that would just be the icing on the cake. I think for those who truly are trying to get their DG they should really try for HT as expensive as it is. that's just my thought but as expensive as it is, it can't be more expensive than the emotional wreck that GD does and the expense of another child that isn't your DG. I kinda look at it as gambling so if you have more to lose if it doesn't go the way you thought...maybe HT (or adoption) is the way to go and you're guaranteed! I hope it gets easier for you and I can't wait to see the darling us pics of your DD. ( we were three girls growing up and we are super close to our family now!!!!)
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All!! I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend so far! It's been a lazy one here so far...Thank goodness! I've been so busy getting stuff ready(by myself still as my hubby is away until the 23rd) so it's nice to just laze around this am. I've done all of my shopping but I do have to wrap gifts at some point this weekend...and this week is baking week! Yippee! I've done most of my holiday sewing/crafting and the bits that I haven't done yet don't really need to be done until the New Year...

B- I'm pretty certain that my hubby would have been very hard to convince to have baby #4 if #3 had been a girl. I'm not sure we would have had 4 if it had been up to him. And although I did want a large family, if both #1 and #2 had been girls....We might have gone for one more but I think that would have been it. He was never interested in a family this large....and he still has moments where he's like, "WHAT HAVE WE DONE!!???" LOL

To be honest, so do I!

There are more and more moments where I look at all my kiddos together and think that it was exactly the right thing to do. 4 is a good number and I'm thankful to have healthy children and easy pregnancies, births. But because this isn't boy #4....I don't know exactly how I'd feel right now if it was....Would I be regretting it? Would I think I was crazy for even trying again? Maybe through the pregnancy for sure. I think once you're holding her...it's going to be so awesome She's been waiting for her chance to come down...your little Birthday blessing...and she'll bring so many wonderful things into your life~ In a couple of years you'll know what to do in regards to trying again or adopting etc...I would wait and see what the universe holds for you~ I seriously wish I could give you a big hug right now...I give pretty damn good hugs if I do say so myself LOL Much Love~~ xo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast