Uploads
    Good luck for your next scan Nachelle.
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Argh! Am I the last one to be having my scan? Guess I'm one of the last due dates at 29th Oct. My scan isn't until 12th June-an eternity away! I can't believe DS1 was a surprise until the birth-how did I ever manage to 'not know' for 9 long months? This wait is killing me!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the person who was a bit short about my boys being happy with a brother has said in the past that she would like a boy. She has 2 girls atm and wont be having another for a good few years yet as shes at college and thats if she decides to go ahead as shes already in her mid 30s and her girls are 6 and 3. She looked after her nephew the other day and was like "ah I'm used to big kids who can go to the toilet and play by themselves. Don't know if I can do that again" So maybe a touch of jealousy in there. Or maybe embarrassment as she apparently "had a vision" of me with a baby girl. Maybe hoping I didn't remember that conversation LMAO

My niece whos 19 said the other weekend, just a few days before I found out, that she hopes she has all boys. Apparently she wouldn't want to deal with as a mother, watching her daughter go through what shes been through. I was a little annoyed because I have been through much worse than her. All shes done is have boys be very hurt and angry with her because she's 'over lapped' boyfriends. If I let my past dictate my future I'd probably have never had kids, its one of the reasons I was happy with boys at first but now I'm just as paranoid about the same thing happening to my boys and still want a girl.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You now that moment when you hear that news that a really good friend has just given birth to a little girl and you want to be nothing but thrilled and excited for her but there's a part of you screaming with jealousy? Just had that feeling. She already has a gorgeous DS so now has the pigeon pair. Please, please, please let that be me too!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you get that too aussiettc.
    I'm having a rough day, feeling a bit sad but I think it will just be a little dip, hope I'm back to normal tomorrow. I couldn't wait till tonight to discuss it the feeling was too strong so I text DH asking if there was a way to increase the chances of a girl could we go back to the original plan and have just one more. He text back saying "but how can I make a girl" so I said I don't know exactly yet but theres lots of things you can do that will increase the odds either way. His not replied

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Motherofboys- I hope that your DH comes around and agrees to sway!!

I think I have talked my DH into trying really good sway next summer or next winter. I feel if after trying everything I can to get a little girl and I still get a boy then I was not meant to have another DD and we will leave it at that, but I feel that I really need to try hard before being happy with my family the way it is!!
    I also noticed that I never posted the picture I got of the boy bits at my elective scan almost 3 weeks ago. Do any of you think this could turn into a little girl?? I am grasping at straws here, hoping that maybe she is just really swollen although I know deep down it is a boy!!
    You can make the picture larger by clicking on it
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Tiffany- SAHM to 3 sweet peas

Due with baby #4- October 10th 2013 for a to complete our family IT'S another
    Planning a sway in 2014-2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK so today hasn't ended well. I had a little bit of a melt down. I've been feel more and more down over the course of the day and ended up trying to peel potatoes while crying my eyes out! Then the middle of the top of the pie didn't go right and was still like dough when the rest was fully cooked and I was telling myself "see I can't even do that right, its no wonder I can't conceive girls!" I bet DH doesn't even realise thats what its about. He asked if it was because DS3 has been whingy lately! If he thinks I'm acting like that because of a child whinging then I doubt he will agree to another

My3sweetpeas its like you say I just need to feel like I've given it a really good try, I feel awful for getting upset especially when I've been doing so well and I know this one is a boy so its not like thats going to change. Its hard thinking it may never happen, or if it does it could be years before we can try, then how ever long it takes to conceive. And if we do have another thats our absolute last shot. Its the uncertainity.

Then we saw the bad side of brothers. DS2 and DS3 had an argument about a wrestling toy, so DS2 who is usually brilliant with smaller children, smacked him in the face with a wrestler figure! His got a big cut right along the line of his socket and its sort of scraped down his cheek. Its kind of like a graze but it was so red I thought blood was pouring down his face at first but DH got me a wet cloth and after holding it on there there was a tiny bit of blood on the cloth and his face still looked like it had blood on it so its just under the service. His going to have a black eye by morning and was lucky it wasn't a little higher. DS2 was sobbing just as much as DS3 and saying sorry
    I had to tell the pre-school teacher this morning that DS3 has a huge lump and bruise on his forehead from tripping and banging into the door frame yesterday and tomorrow I'm going to go in saying he had a fight with his brother! God job all 3 boys have gone there and they have known me 4 years now or they might think I was doing it!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by My3SweetPeas View Post
    Thank you! DH and I are thinking of trying for pink one more time. I am going to be 33 a month after this baby is born, but not really wanting to wait until 35 to ttc again.
    Oh yeah, I defintely wouldn't reccomend waiting as a swaying tactic lol. It is only a small increase in girls vs. boys until you reach 40 anyways. And then it is probably related to decreased fertility and declining mat. condition. Plus you get the bonus of increased chance of birth defects (still small but any increase there is still not fun to think of).
    Mom to 2009 and 2011. My joined us in October! Thanks GenderDreaming!
    My sway here- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...girl-sway.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by motherofboys View Post
    OK so today hasn't ended well. I had a little bit of a melt down. I've been feel more and more down over the course of the day and ended up trying to peel potatoes while crying my eyes out! Then the middle of the top of the pie didn't go right and was still like dough when the rest was fully cooked and I was telling myself "see I can't even do that right, its no wonder I can't conceive girls!" I bet DH doesn't even realise thats what its about. He asked if it was because DS3 has been whingy lately! If he thinks I'm acting like that because of a child whinging then I doubt he will agree to another

My3sweetpeas its like you say I just need to feel like I've given it a really good try, I feel awful for getting upset especially when I've been doing so well and I know this one is a boy so its not like thats going to change. Its hard thinking it may never happen, or if it does it could be years before we can try, then how ever long it takes to conceive. And if we do have another thats our absolute last shot. Its the uncertainity.

Then we saw the bad side of brothers. DS2 and DS3 had an argument about a wrestling toy, so DS2 who is usually brilliant with smaller children, smacked him in the face with a wrestler figure! His got a big cut right along the line of his socket and its sort of scraped down his cheek. Its kind of like a graze but it was so red I thought blood was pouring down his face at first but DH got me a wet cloth and after holding it on there there was a tiny bit of blood on the cloth and his face still looked like it had blood on it so its just under the service. His going to have a black eye by morning and was lucky it wasn't a little higher. DS2 was sobbing just as much as DS3 and saying sorry
    I had to tell the pre-school teacher this morning that DS3 has a huge lump and bruise on his forehead from tripping and banging into the door frame yesterday and tomorrow I'm going to go in saying he had a fight with his brother! God job all 3 boys have gone there and they have known me 4 years now or they might think I was doing it!
    I hate those days! Both my guys have been sick and grumpy recently and of course I caught it too. And then DS1 wrapped a slinky around DS2 throat today (slinky is now gone). Not fun. Sometimes you just want a breather to think your thoughts, but there is never a break for mom...
    Mom to 2009 and 2011. My joined us in October! Thanks GenderDreaming!
    My sway here- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...girl-sway.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MOB, be kind to yourself. This is such a roller coaster and there are days for everyone when we wish we could turn off the desire for a specific gender and just accept what is. But thats so much easier said than done. I hope you're feeling better soon-the hormones of pregnancy have a lot to answer for!!

Page 114 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast