Page 288 of 296 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 2955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PP it's the BIG day! Best of Luck sweetie! I hope you hear "It's A Girl!"
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PP, I hope your shy baby finally lets you know who they are!!

Hobbers, that food sounded soooooooooooo good!

Yesterday we had to take my DH to the ER for extreme stomach pains. After many, many hours and way too much testing, he got diagnosed with acute pancreatitis (essentially an inflammed pancreas) so now he have anything but a liquid diet for two+ days and his pain is so strong they put him on oxycotin, so he's been sleeping or at least trying to sleep but doing a lot of groaning.

We had Memorial Day plans but obviously he is too sick to go. I hate to admit this, but he got pancreatitis from his binge drinking behavior. He won't drink beer for 3-4 days in a row then go crazy (and I do mean completely nuts) 1-2 days in a row. He hadn't drank in over a week when on Tues night he went nuts and drank 20 cans of beer. I was asleep and unaware of his party going on, and when I got up in the morning, he had gotten rid of his evidence, except for a few stray cans, so I assumed he had 5-6 beers that night, and wasn't even aware until his pains began and he admitted the number he had.

The doctor told him he has to stop drinking forever now, because once you get pancreatitis, if you keep drinking, you can develop chronic pancreatitis and that can lead to a necrotic pancreas and well, you cannot live without a pancreas.

This is a life changing moment for my DH. I am almost grateful for this because he has been battling alcohol addiction off and on for years, and I think he neeed something serious to happen to his health to give him that wakeup call.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PP, I am so hoping everything goes well today and you hear girl!!! Will be stalking....

Aurora, so sorry to hear about your DH and all, but you are right, sometimes people need an event like that to shake them out of a bad habit. I hope he feels better soon!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkin2011 View Post
    awww Doritos YUM!! I want some now Plus a CAKE!!!! aww no hang on hot jam doughnuts!! mmmmmm
    OMG I'm leaving work for the donut shop right now. And I'm not even pregnant.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just ducking in to say to Auroara: My DH battled alcohol addiction as well, from the time he was a kid if you you can believe it. He started attending AA years ago and the support really helped him. He only goes to the meetings every once in awhile now, but he knows they are there if he needs them. He's been sober for a few years now and it's much nicer. Don't feel alone; you'd be shocked at the number of families that have some sort of addiction problem.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Yuzu and Lola....

I really had a hard time posting it because it's something I've tried to cover up for him for years....but the truth is he's an alcholic, has been for years, and now it's time for him to become the man he's wanted to be.

He woke me up last night wanting a hug and sobbed on my shoulder about how much of a bad dad he's been because of his binge drinking behavior. I hugged him back and told him this is his chance to start fresh, and be the man he wants to be. He has this awful self-hate cycle he goes thru when he drinks where while he's drinking, he's happy, jovial, and funny, but afterwards, he gets depressed and hates himself for "giving in" and that negativity in turn makes him want to drink all over again.

I will support him in anyway I possibly can, because I want him to fight back and be strong and conquer his addiction.

I used to feel ashamed and wondered what ppl woudl think if they knew he drank like he did, but now I just feel proud that we can deal with this problem once and for all, and hopefully, move forward....
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    auroara - my Dad's an alcoholic, and now at 70 instead of enjoying his hard-earned retirement years, he's been bed-ridden in the hospital for the past 6 months and will be moving into a nursing home as soon as a room becomes available. Although his health problems aren't directly related to his alcoholism, the abuse he's put his body through for the past 50 years has led to dementia and neuropathy that have made it pretty much impossible to recover fully from the bowel cancer surgery and heart condition he also has.

My Mom, on the other hand, is 70 as well and in perfect health - both in mind and body. She travels around the world, spends lots of time with all her grandchildren, and volunteers so much she's barely at home. She's never had a drink in her life, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with how healthy she is.

I'm so glad your dh has had this scare because he's young enough that he can start over and avoid the kind of life my dad has now. Better to have this happen now than when he's 60 or even older.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no news from PP yet? her scan was at 9 am PST right?
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aurora, we are only here to support each other....I can totally understand how you would be ashamed to talk about that, but Yuzu is so right, everyone has their crap to deal with and addiction to alcohol, drugs, gambling, whatever it is is a very widespread thing. I think it is great that you are being supportive, and you are so right- no time like the present to get your shit together and be the man/husband/father he should be. Hugs!

And yea....stalking for some news on Mini-PP!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am totally stalking for PP too .......I really hope she hears ITS A GIRL!!!
    Me-Gina
    age 37
    DH- 38
    DD: Nov 14

Ectopic Angel Sept 25,2011

After a hard 2011, I am looking forward to a great 2012

Thanks to gender dreaming for all the support! Our little miracle Makalee joined our family Nov 14, our family is complete and all my dreams came true

Page 288 of 296 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290 ... LastLast