Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reasons for swaying?

Just wondering what everyone's reason was for swaying?! Mines because I have 2 gorgeous boys and always dreamed of having both boys and girls to bring up. I really wanted a boy first of all which ingot but until inhad my second ds I did not realise how badly I also wanted a girl! Would be interesting to have both boys & girls in my family I feel. That said, we are only going to have one more which I hope & pray is a healthy baby girl but would be just as thrilled with a healthy baby boy

Just interested in your reasons for wanting boys/girls/both

X
    Last edited by milly29; January 7th, 2015 at 12:46 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also wanted a boy first and was over the moon when I got him.

I always wanted a bigger family of 5-6 and just thought a girl would be in the mix. But it didn't happen for a long time due to financial pressures and by the time we were ready to TTC again, I was in my late' 30's and felt a lot of time pressure. I was very concerned I wouldn't get a girl at all.

I love having boys, just also wanted a girl (greedy!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted to have boys. I never really was interested in having a girl until my DH mentioned he hoped DS1 would be a girl. Then with DS2, he was convinced I was having a girl. At the ultrasound for gender confirmation, he cried when the tech said "boy parts". That stuck with me. When DH said he wanted to try for #3, he showed me this site. I keep going for him, and I hope we can get a DD. Now that it has been taking me many cycles, and wonky hormone levels, I hope we still have a decent shot at conceiving a girl. Although any child is a blessing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To be honest, I've been contemplating this since I found out I'm having my third boy. I have always wanted a girl so badly, but I really don't know why. I hate dressing up, I hate decorating, I hate throwing parties, I hate cooking, ect. I really don't fit the type of a girl mom. I guess I just want to experience both sides and I'm sad I don't know if I'll ever have the chance.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so jealous of you ladies who got what you wanted for your first! I'm so annoyed that I can't have felt happy at least once when told the gender and I feel so guilty about that! I really don't understand why I feel the need to have a daughter so much. Who knows. I just do . I always wanted both. Just a girl first and then I thought I didn't care.
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3girl View Post
    To be honest, I've been contemplating this since I found out I'm having my third boy. I have always wanted a girl so badly, but I really don't know why. I hate dressing up, I hate decorating, I hate throwing parties, I hate cooking, ect. I really don't fit the type of a girl mom. I guess I just want to experience both sides and I'm sad I don't know if I'll ever have the chance.
    I'm with you as far as the decorating, dressing up, etc. Of course if I do get my DD, then yes I'll do it and once I start with it will probably really enjoy it, but isn't really me right now.

For me I wanted to sway as a family balancing thing. All's fine on my family's side, but DH's side hasn't had a girl in 60+ years (OK, his cousin is a girl but was adopted into the family so isn't a true blood relative).

Would I sway again for a second time? I might 'sway' (manageable LE diet, fibre and one attempt) but certainly don't want to stress myself out and throw the kitchen sink at it. I don't have much time playing with anymore so IF we do decide to try again for another one it would be try to fall pregnant and keep it. Would I be OK with another boy? Sure! My one wish was to have 'a' healthy child and I got that. Anything extra is the icing on the cake. A part of me would wonder what having a DD would be like but I wouldn't be torn up about it. I think... Oh if only sleep deprivation and fatigue were magic bullets...

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wanna hear something kinda funny...I think I swayed mostly to see if I really could be "in control" of that aspect of my life. Not that it really works that way or that anyone could ever really be "in control" of it or prove that the swaying was what caused the gender, etc. But, a big part of my sways was simple curiosity as to whether it would work and whether I could actually get the opposite gender as the one I had going into swaying. I'm a curious person in that way and I am def someone who likes to pretend I have more control over my life than I do I would NOT have been crushed if my sways didn't work (one worked, one is still pending). I did want to put forth the effort to see if we could be lucky enough to have a mixed gender family (I also always wanted to experience both sides of the coin). And, if we decide on a fifth child, chances are we will sway for that one too. Although it depends on what this baby is which way we would sway. If this baby is a girl, we would sway for a boy. If this is a boy, we would sway for a girl. Again, just sheer curiosity over whether it would work.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reasons for swaying?

I went into this thinking I wanted a girl because of my own experience being a girl in an all boy family. When my mother was sick I was the only one who made an effort and took care of her. It was tough as I was also studying at the time. It's not the my brothers diddnt love her, or care. They simply didn't know what to do. Since my mother has passed my brothers aren't that great at keeping in touch. It's always me. Never remember birthdays, presents etc. BUT... I am realizing that this is just my experience. Not all boys/ men are like this. And it's up to me to bring my boys up to be caring thoughtful men. So when I come back to why I want a girl. My reasoning is shifting. Do I think about what others will say? Yes. I think what society perceives boys to be like and girls to be like has sadly influenced my view. Ultimately I would like someone to feel that very close female bond with... I think.
    Mum to two hoping for a bundle of x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3girl View Post
    I am not the "girl mom" type either. and I do hope you get the chance!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by covered in blue View Post
    I'm so jealous of you ladies who got what you wanted for your first! I'm so annoyed that I can't have felt happy at least once when told the gender and I feel so guilty about that! I really don't understand why I feel the need to have a daughter so much. Who knows. I just do . I always wanted both. Just a girl first and then I thought I didn't care.
    and I have tons of sympathy for those who had strong GD from the very first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast