Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes yes if temp stays up you need to test.

Yes I bled fairly heavily for 5 days straight, which is a long and heavy period to me. I didn't even realize I was pregnant (cause who bothers testing when they have AF, amirite??) but then when I went to my first ultrasound there was a full grown baby on the screen instead of a fish and I was like "wow that thing is amazingly well developed" and then the tech was like "I think you got pregnant a little sooner than you thought." About 2 weeks before I got that heavy bleeding, as a matter of fact. And then it turned out I had 2 placentas, one (the babyless one) was unfortunately right on my cervix and it became pretty obvious what had happened at that point.

Yes, you can shed lining while pregnant (even if there isn't a loss involved) it's called "decidual bleeding" and there is a nice writeup here Early Pregnancy Bleeding But it's not only that, it can also be from a subchorionic hemmorrhage, placenta previa, losing a twin, or even completely unrelated from the cervix area and not even be in any way jeopardizing a pregnancy.

So, what I want you to be on the lookout for is the possibility that it actually IS AF and you'll then ovulate within 10-14 days, OR that you have not even ovulated still. Sometimes people will have a rise, and then another rise, and then only after that will they O. So for all we know, this is midcycle spotting, O is yet to come, and there will be another rise after this. I just don't want to assume anythign at this point that will lead to us missing an opportunity.
    Hey atomic,

That is crazy! I'm glad you and your lil bean were okay though and I'm sorry to hear about the other lil bean who was lost. I appreciate your response. Should I mark the light bleeding for a day and a half as AF on my chart then and assume it was AF or perhaps I just didn't ovulate last cycle and my temp just rose? Would today be 8dpo or CD 3? How would I know when I ovulated if my temperature has already risen? I will take a test after the weekend then if my temperature has not dropped. I am sorry for the questions I am *still* asking. I guess you could call me "TTC dumb", haha.
    Update (09/30/2017): Well, seems my temp has taken a small nose dive yesterday (still above the coverline though), then rose a little bit today (I guess AF?). This has been my weirdest cycle I've had, to be honest. :/ I also woke up swimming in wet cervical mucus. I took an OPK and it was negative. Sigh. I happened to inquire a few questions to my general practitioner while picking my husband's asthma medicine up and he told me that it's horrible, almost selfish to TTC now as it's the baby and my body telling me it's not ready to conceive, I won't have regular cycles, and I should wait until my son weans (real encouraging, right?). I have no plans on weaning my son anytime soon, but I know my husband and I long for a close sibling for him.
    Last edited by angelmamma; September 30th, 2017 at 09:54 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The craziest thing was when I gave birth and they showed me the amniotic sac and it had two placentas in it!! There was the nice normal one that gave me my son, and then a smaller, dark, sickly looking one, and then just this teeny tiny hole in between them that thankfully my son was able to pass right through so I could have him without having to have a caesarean. It was like seeing a miracle really.

If you still haven't ovulated then you will have another temp rise. I see this pretty frequently. People start off and have a temp rise but no O and then ANOTHER temp rise (or even 2-3 more) in this stairstep pattern and eventually one of the temp rises is legit and you're in the 2ww. it's sometimes hard to tell except in retrospect.

I cannot tell you where you are in the cycle. It's just not possible for me to say from here. Only way to know is bloodwork and/or ultrasound.

What I would probably do is write up two charts with each possibility and then see what happens.

The temp dip is interesting. You probably know this already but many people will have a dip at about 7ish DPO that equates with the secondary estrogen surge so that may be a point in favor of being in the 2WW (but still don't hang your hat on that.)

Well, your GP should stick a sock in it. Honestly. People can and DO get pregnant all the time with fast turnarounds and while it makes it more of a challenge, some of us enjoy challenges LOL. I have gotten pregnant twice while breastfeeding and tandem nursed both times and I promise it is entirely possible to get and stay pregnant while nursing. Follow your heart. You got this.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic,

Thanks for your response. If I O, should I expect it within 10-14 days? I'm asking since today, again, I'm having LOTS of wet cm (negative OPK). My temp is still above the coverline, but it is significantly lower than it has been after my temp rise. I've had the past two days very little spotting (brown tinged cervical mucus for a minute or two, not even enough to show on my underwear). Though my temps are lower, they are still above my pre O temps from earlier (before my temp rise).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you haven't Oed yet it could come at any time. Or, this could be AF on the way...it's not unusual to have a rise in estrogen right before AF comes that can make some peculiar O-type symptoms (many of us notice the higher libido at that point in the cycle but it causes other symptoms that seem similar to ovulation).
    '
    I would have an attempt and then see what happens.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, negative on pregnancy test and my Temps are erratic, my cm is just random and flucates sometimes every few hours. I'm so lost and don't know how to do this. I gave up charting and took a break for a couple weeks since my son is going through a tough growth spurt or phase. He's decided to live the life of a vampire and be up all hours of the night. A sleep strike or something of that sorts. I figured my Temps would be off anyway, my cervical mucus has been pretty predicable, but this month it's been so wacky, I'm worried I screwed up my cycle permanently. I've had O pains randomly, that don't line up with my cervical mucus. One morning I'm swimming in EWCM, dinner time I have creamy cm. Maybe my husband and I should just have an attempt every 4 days and hope for the best.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that is what my recommendation is.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic,

What is usually the reason for a negative ovulation predictor kit, but lots of egg white cervical mucus? Could it be just my body trying to ovulate again, but failing to? Thanks.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can be one of two possibilities, the first is that you didn't actually ovulate in the first place, and are now, but haven't surged yet or it wasn't detectable on the OPK (so your OPK was false negative) Or you can be having the secondary estrogen surge that happens about a week after O, you have ovulation symptoms but it's because your body releases a surge of estrogen to sustain the lining and this can mimic what happens around ovulation - EWCM, etc

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic,

It seems I have ovulated late again this cycle CD 24 according to my Temps. Yesterday, (CD 26, 2dpo), my breasts have been very tender again, I felt very crampy in my pelvic area, and yesterday and today, I'm swimming in EWCM. I had a positive OPK CD 23 and 24, sore breasts, ovulation pain, the whole gambit then everything returned yesterday). Perhaps I didn't ovulate CD 24? I also had another surge. My Temps rose beautifully CD 25 and have risen almost a whole degree since then. I woke up today, literally thought I peed myself it was that much, but it was EWCM. I'm still nursing my son, and it's been very painful feeding him the past few days. Is it possible to ovulate twice? What would cause a second estrogen surge? Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have another attempt to cover!

I see this stairstep pattern on people's charts quite often where they have a rise and then another rise and then another rise and only after the 3rd or 4th rise to they actually ovulate!!

It's not possible to ovulate twice, you probably didn't O or you may just be taking a while to work out the estrogen. The estrogen is what makes the symptoms, so if you still have estrogen you can still have symptoms even if the egg has dropped!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast