Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wondering when to start my girl sway

I'm still trying to work out when to start ttc and when to buy my plan. I want to buy it around 4 months prior to ttc so I have some support during my sway. not sure when to ttc yet but thinking i might wait until my biggest boy is getting more towards school (September, 2018) so probably starting my strict 12 week sway around March, buying the plan in February. I'm desperate to just get on with it and do it now but also terrified of it not working and how I'll deal with that.

So at the moment I'm skipping breakfast, not snacking between meals, trying to track protein and fat to get a better idea of how to keep these low. I've not cut meat out but I'm significantly reducing it and finding vege alternatives, and I've drastically reduced my dairy intake (apart from cheese which I've not yet found a substitute for, any ideas on that one??).

Does anyone know what the most important sway factor is? Its just an observation that a lot of meat eaters I know have girls, but they tend to be healthy, pick low fat options regularly and not snack. I'm working seeing if low fat and low blood sugar generally sway more than low protein? I'm going to do low protein too of course but just wondering people's thoughts.

2. Likes lizzym liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wondering when to start my girl sway

Good to hear from you Bobster!

I personally feel that it's simply staying in the LE diet limits, whatever version, that matters the most. 1500-1800 calories, 35-60g fat, 40-60g protein. I ate meat more than I would have liked to due to family events/get togethers and vacations.

I think pushing back breakfast, limits, and a 12-16 hour over night fast helps! Limits, limits, limits, is what made the difference for me this time and exercise. Although I dropped it 6 weeks before my BFP due to not sleeping from my DS2 needing surgery.

🤞🏻so hard for you my friend!!!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Last edited by XXforhubby; August 18th, 2017 at 07:20 AM.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would start no snacking now and gradually become strict 12 weeks before you want to start to TTC. That's what I did.

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks xx and so happy for you! You truely deserve it so much. I bet your hubby is in cloud 9.

Your sway was awesome and inspirational. Hope I can do it as well not long to go now either.

Yes I definitely thought I would ease into it a bit more gently this time. What I don't want is to become obsessed which I have a tendency to do. So I thought I would try and learn the general gist of the diet part in advance and then when it comes to 12 weeks I'm not panicking about whether I'm doing it right. Do you think buying the plan 4 months before first attempt is a good idea so I have the support during the sway? Or should I buy it now so I can prepare in advance?
    Last edited by Bobster; August 18th, 2017 at 08:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like that approach too! I thought easing into it was best and kept me from obsessing/micromanaging.

Hmmm. If cost isn't an issue then I'd get the plan sooner. You'll have to renew if you don't get a BFP right away, but if cost is an issue then I'd wait to purchase the plan closer to when you will be starting to TTC.

We are all happy and excited! I'm sending you my pink baby dust !

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What I like to have most people do, when they're far out from swaying, is just go vegetarian. I am not convinced that starting to skip breakfast 6 months to a year in advance is really going to get you anything. I just don't see the benefit of it. I'd probably try to snack less (in case of accidental pregnancy or just because you could change your mind) but yeah I don't think you need to drop breakfast yet unless you really want to.

As long as you're sticking in LE Diet limits (and this is when you're actually DOING LE Diet!) you don't need to cut out dairy all together. You're still going to need protein and fat from somewhere, and this is especially true with this much lead time. Eat the cheese! It is fine! If you really want to make a switch, I ate mostly American cheese, it has quite a bit of vegetable oil in it and veg. based fats may sway more pink than animal fats (the kind in most cheeses)

I can't answer your specific question about what is the "one most important thing" I simply don't know that. WE have a nice body of data from animal studies that show the following: lower protein, lower fat, higher carb diets swayed pink, and also, diets that were NOT lower fat but simply got more fat from vegetable sources than animal. These things are why we tend to focus on lower protein, lower fat, and more veg protein and fat. BUT there is also the wrinkle where lower blood sugar also sways pink and for some people, too many carbs will actually raise blood sugar. So we are trying to hit a bit of a moving target where all those things are kept in balance (exercise helps with all that as well). I honestly can't say "X is better than Z is better than Q" in terms of the diet stuff - we don't have the data and it very well may be different for every person anyway!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Thanks xx and so happy for you! You truely deserve it so much. I bet your hubby is in cloud 9.

Your sway was awesome and inspirational. Hope I can do it as well not long to go now either.

Yes I definitely thought I would ease into it a bit more gently this time. What I don't want is to become obsessed which I have a tendency to do. So I thought I would try and learn the general gist of the diet part in advance and then when it comes to 12 weeks I'm not panicking about whether I'm doing it right. Do you think buying the plan 4 months before first attempt is a good idea so I have the support during the sway? Or should I buy it now so I can prepare in advance?
    Right but there is "easing into it" and then there is skipping breakfast a year before you even start to TTC!

If your goal is to prevent obsession, this does not feel un-obsessive to me (yes that's totally a word LOL) Just my two cents but this to me comes off as someone who is already getting too obsessy.

Let me tell you want to avoid and then it will possibly help you to see my concerns here. What I do NOT want to see anyone doing, is starting swaying ages in advance, doing things that at that point in time probably make no difference (no breakfast, for example, or totally giving up dairy) If you tend to be obsessive, what WILL happen is that you'll get more and more and more restrictive over time. Long before you've even started TTC, you will have lost every ounce you can spare, and the lack of animal fat + high carb intake in your diet will have reduced your fertility to such extent that you may have stopped ovulating or you'll have developed a super short LP. Or even if you get lucky, you'll have been on diet SO long that you'll be entirely sick of it, and if you don't get pregnant that first month or two, people will panic and decide they've made themselves infertile and 9 out of 10 of them will drop everything and launch into a blue sway just thinking they cannot ever get pregnant again!! And because they had cut back soo far, and then do a 180 degree turn, their body cannot help but interpret that as a huge improvement in condition.

It is SO much better to make reasonable changes over time (and this is what you're thinking too, just that your changes are not reasonable this far in advance IMVHO) Go mostly vegetarian. Start exercising moderately. Eat more vegetable based fats. All those things are doable and sticktoable. But don't make yourself totally miserable with diet, don't be cutting out whole food groups yet, don't start skipping meals. You have 6-12 months before you even want to start TTC, take it slow!

11. Thanks Bobster, frankie2017 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only just seen this. Thanks atomic. Good advice & you are totally right. Maybe a bit of foot off the gas until totally ready to start my sway... I am such an obsessive person! Really hard not to obsess.

At the moment I'm still not sure when to start ttc. I'm scared about it all to be honest :/

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me get your plan to you and I think it will help.

15. Thanks Bobster thanked for this post