Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is a good age gap for me???

I know that is a question Only I can answer but I do need help!

My baby boy is 6 months Old and our ds1 will be 5 in sept.
    I am 29 my d/h is 30.

I would love to have 4 possibly 5 children I know that sounds crazy but I would love a big family of my own! We have a 4 year gap between our boys which I find way too much of a gap the only real reason why I had the 4 year gap was because I was terrified of Childbirth ( sounds sad ) but it is true. I do suffer from depression and the lack of sleep from ds2 was very hard on me at the start he was a terrible sleeper and suffered really bad with reflux I couldn't get him in any sort of routine and even as a new born would be awake ALL day!!! I have worked so hard and now have him sleeping 2 good sleeps through the day and 11 to 12 hrs at night! I know this will change through the teething and everything but I am quite happy with myself for doing the extra hard work! As I said I am 29 and want at least another 2 children but just don't know when to start trying for our next.. I thought when ds2 is 18 months to maybe start depending on what sort of a toddler he is!!! I do suffer from bad ICP in pregnancy which is a liver problem and I didn't cope very well at all with my last pregnancy so I guess I have to think about that aswell. What sort of an age gap do you ladies think would be ideal??? Esp knowing I want at least another 2 babies.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally like the two year age gap... Ds2 and 3 are 5 years apart and that was a little too much for me
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I have thought about a 2 year gap.. Thanks for your input! As I said my bub is 6 months old and at a real fun age but I know it gets harder when they start walking and getting into everything!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it does lol... My ds1 was such a good boy so when I had ds2 two years later it didnt really phase me... This time I thnk will be hard cause ds3 who will be 2.5 is quite a handful...
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 5 all up ,DS1 & DS2 are 4 years apart ,then DS2 & my twins are 22 months apart and the twins and DS5 who is 6 1/2 months old are 5years apart , i much much prefer the 22 months gap to the longer gaps, i waited too long with my first because i was young when i had DS1 so didnt want to rush and have another baby , then the 5 year gap after the twins and DS5 was just due to circumstances , the 3 boys that are 22 months apart are always playing together ,they never get bored and we are even thinking of turning a theater room into a bedroom cause the 3 of them want to share,thats how close they are, for the next baby i am doing HT but DS5 will be 16 months when i start to cylcle so if everything goes right he will be 2 when the next one is born so he has someone close in age to him,, i think at the end of the day you just have to do what works for you
    Last edited by 4BOYS; April 7th, 2013 at 08:42 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that is true but its hard for me to know what is right I guess as I don't know any different then the 4 year gap .... so to hear 2 year gap seems better and me knowing that the 4 year gap was a bit too long makes me lean more and more to the 2 year.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My three are spaced 13-15 mo apart, and now it's pretty fun with 6,5 and almost 4 year old. But pregnancies back to back are pretty tough. I would prefer a nice 24 month gap!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes well even a healthy pregnancy would be hard ! I struggled so bad with my last pregnancy.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive got 18 months betweem ds1 + ds2, and 10 months between ds2 &ds3,

Both are amazing gaps and for me I love the smallest gap because it was so easy to adjust! Hope you find whats best for you soon x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Prince(Feb 2010)
    Prince(September 2011)
    Prince(July 2012)
    Princess(April 2014)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really have liked the close age gap between DS 3 and 4 a lot (21 months). I thought it would be terrible, the first month was like torture LOL and there of course have been moments where it was difficult, but they play SO WELL together now. With DS 1 and 2, they were 3 1/2 years apart and it was too much, DS 1 was really jealous and they never really could hang out together. Even with DS 4 and DD (2 3/4 years) she is just too much younger than him - DS 3 and 4 are a "unit".
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast