Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so happy I found this site with all this information you have given to us. I did not know about the frequency vs abstaining, I am so glad I did NOT concieve yet! Because I did not realize this! I'm so glad I know so much now and if I didn't concieve this cycle, and I am ready for my new cycle especially with all the new information I have learned. I am just praying also that it works! Awesome info

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Way overwhelmed just joining. What I have read so far it's not timing, frequency ect so basically there is no way to sway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by agilbert21 View Post
    Way overwhelmed just joining. What I have read so far it's not timing, frequency ect so basically there is no way to sway

What makes you say that? It's just the old school theories that are getting tossed out (timing/fr). There is sooo much evidence that maternal condition/diet sways.
    There's lots to read on here.
    How were you thinking of swaying? What is your motivation for checking in on this site? Dreaming pink or blue?

Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

5. Likes Honeybug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is so much info on this site initially its overwhelming and you feel you'll never figure it out. If you really want to attempt a natural sway please perservere and keep reading. I estimate I spent in excess of 10+ hours on internet researching natural gender sway then after finding this site I spent at least that again reading essays, sways of both girl and boy (successful and unsuccessful). It does make sense, maybe walk away for a couple days and come back with a fresh look . I also ordered a personalised plan with atomic (back in January plan ttc this month) and haven't looked back. She has answered every question no matter how stupid I've thought it was. That was my way of taking out the guesswork. It's up to you what you do and believe I just hope you do more homework before writing this site off. All the best whichever way you go

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Changing your diet in certain ways, exercise, some supplements, limiting yourself to one attempt, and having your husband jog or ride a bicycle have been shown to sway. (among many other things)

Would you not prefer to know what actually works instead of doing tons of things that don't??? So many of us on here have 2-3-4 or more opposites doing things the "old" way that we are just trying to figure out a better way for everyone's benefit.

Everyone is always welcome to include whatever sway tactics you would like in your sway. WE are trying to figure out the best ways that are going to get the most people healthy babies the quickest with the least amount of miscarriages, and in order to do that, we have to investigate to know if these things even work at all. Many of them don't.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes Honeybug, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump

Due in June 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh, of all of the things, this is the most confusing for me! My estimated conception date is roughly Sept. 17, 2016. We had sex Sept. 5,6, and 9 (all estimated to not be in my fertile window) and incomplete sex Sept. 11 (also not in fertile window, though husband I *think* ejaculated on me? Can't remember).

During my estimated fertile window (based on Ovia fertility app, cervical mucous), we then had sex Sept. 12, 13 and Sept. 17 in missionary positions (and then sex again on Sept. 20).

We're having a girl.

I had thought we might have been doing the deed too often, hence a girl (based on the old Shettles methods)... is it actually that we were not having nearly as much sex as we should have? For a boy, then, is the standard "do the deed every two days starting from first cycle day after period" recommended? Or am I misunderstanding?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, not intending to blah blah blah you to death but again, it's not one thing in isolation that sways. You can't go back and look at this, that, or the other thing and say "ah ha, this is IT" because it's a lot of things working in concert. Now that having been said I agree that you were not DTD enough around ovulation. We find that one attempt is getting us girls (with pink sways, that is) 70-75% of the time, this drops to 60-65%, and all the way down to 40-45% with 3 attempts in the fertile window. This means that people having 3 attempts in their fertile window are getting BOYS nearly 60% of the time even with pink sways. It looks to me like the attempts from the 12th and 13th were too early, leaving you with the one viable attempt on the 17th. Really, I do think that you had some other pink friendly stuff going on in addition to the number of attempts, but it didn't help any, either.

For a boy what is working for us is regular, unprotected sex every 2-4 days and then 3 attempt at or around positive OPK - the method that's been working well for us is the night of positive OPK, again the next morning, and again the following night. (even as many as 5, but you have to be careful that you don't start this too soon in case DH runs out of steam before O)

If you really believe in or want to try timing, then have DH release on his own or with you, with non-spermcide condom or pullout, every 2-4 days, but keep the 3 attempts - night of pos OPK, again the next morning, and again the following night. All these three attempts will still be in a Shettles window for a boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Ok, not intending to blah blah blah you to death but again, it's not one thing in isolation that sways. You can't go back and look at this, that, or the other thing and say "ah ha, this is IT" because it's a lot of things working in concert. Now that having been said I agree that you were not DTD enough around ovulation. We find that one attempt is getting us girls (with pink sways, that is) 70-75% of the time, this drops to 60-65%, and all the way down to 40-45% with 3 attempts in the fertile window. This means that people having 3 attempts in their fertile window are getting BOYS nearly 60% of the time even with pink sways. It looks to me like the attempts from the 12th and 13th were too early, leaving you with the one viable attempt on the 17th. Really, I do think that you had some other pink friendly stuff going on in addition to the number of attempts, but it didn't help any, either.

For a boy what is working for us is regular, unprotected sex every 2-4 days and then 3 attempt at or around positive OPK - the method that's been working well for us is the night of positive OPK, again the next morning, and again the following night. (even as many as 5, but you have to be careful that you don't start this too soon in case DH runs out of steam before O)

If you really believe in or want to try timing, then have DH release on his own or with you, with non-spermcide condom or pullout, every 2-4 days, but keep the 3 attempts - night of pos OPK, again the next morning, and again the following night. All these three attempts will still be in a Shettles window for a boy.
    Thank you! Even dumber question... should I be keeping this frequency up during the TWW as well? Or is it really only important to start at the beginning of the cycle with AF?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast