Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mid cycle spotting, due to vitex? HELP PLEASE

It is my 3rd cycle on vitex. I have so far not noticed any difference, but everyone says that it takes 3 cycles to take effect. I am on CD 16 and for the last 4 cycles I ovulated on CD 23 (roughly). I have just noticed that I have mid cycle spotting, for the first time in my life. It looks like pink creamy CM (sorry TMI), pretty much exactly what it looked like when I took a progesterone pill (mini pill). I know bood has a high PH, which is bad, BUT coul dit mean the vitex actaully raises my progesterone and lowers my estrogen as it should? Has anyone else experienced this? The diet I am on is not too extreme, so I dont think that woul dbe the cause. I have also stepped up calories, I think approx. 1500 calories a day. I have only been on the diet for like 10 days. So I think it must be the vitex....??? What should I do, continue or stop? Next cycle should be my first attempt!Thanks xx
    Edit: my pre-O temps are also higher than usual!
    Last edited by nini; January 18th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you're not taking aspirin or cranberry or anything like that?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am taking cranberry supps, but low dose. No juice so far. I have taken cranberry supps before though, for weeks (I also swayed for my dd). It actually now appears to be somewhat EWCM that is tinged light brown. Would be 2 days early for my EWCM judging by previous cycles...

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmm not sure then, it could be a combination of things - diet changing your hormones, supps, cranberry, etc?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, it must be hormones, but in a good or bad way? THe only time before that I ever experienced bleeding inbetween AFs was when I was on a pill without estrogen. I was told that I needed more estrogen to stop the bleeding, so does this mean that the bleed implies my progesterone raising? WOuld you personally continue with the vitex?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the cranberry! Even a low dose of cran can make you more likely to have midcycle spotting - blood from your ovary is released into your uterus and finds its way out and/or your cervix is ripe and open and is more prone to injury and it may bleed a little bit.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 20th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's NOT HORMONES. The kind of midcycle bleeding you get from hormones is because your lining itself if breaking down due to extreme lack of estrogen like the kind caused by your birth control pills or people who don't ovulate for months at a time. NOT 10 days of diet and NOT vitex.

It is not the vitex and yes, you should continue with it if you feel comfortable doing so.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ