Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wantagirly23 View Post
    I plan to do my girl sway in September (in a couple of months yikes!) and I have been taking a NatureMade prenatal vitamin for the last year. I plan on doing the Calcium, Magnesium, and Cranberry supplements as part of my sway but will taking a prenatal affect anything? I read that more vitamins sway boy but I don't want to not take a prenatal and risk having an unhealthy baby. What should I do? Should I just take folic acid separately and stop taking the prenatal? Thanks!
    First of all, please understand I would NEVER EVER EVER advise you or anyone to do anything I did not feel to be safe. Women have been having healthy babies without prenatal vitamins since time began and virtually all of them were eating diets so much less nutritious than ours.

I would really advise not taking the prenatal prior to getting a BFP. I'm 100% convinced it sways blue and in my experience, many of the people who included a prenatal in a pink sway had opposites. Take 1200-1600 mcg folic starting a couple months before your sway and continue through the first trimester, then gradually wean off to the amount in your prenatal. Start a prenatal and a DHA supplement when you get a BFP.

If you do the LE Diet, most of the nutrients your body needs are present in ample amounts or else are nutrients your body is very good at storing in large amounts. There are three exceptions to this - potassium, zinc, and iodine. So you need to get 2500-3500 mg potassium a day, use iodized salt for your sodium requirements when possible, and if you go for 3-6 months without getting pg, you may want to add in a low dose zinc supp. (8-15 mg) 3 days a week. I do think zinc sways blue so I don't advise this unless you've gone a long time without getting pg. If you have a tendency towards anemia, are recovering from a miscarriage or are having very heavy periods, you may want to add in an iron supp 18 mg a day if you go for 3-6 months without getting pg, but iron through supplements is not well absorbed anyway and your body is very good at both storing iron and getting whatever it can from the foods you eat (many plant-based foods have some iron in them.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I have always been border line anemic. While I was pregnant with DS my doctor had me take iron supplements in addition to my prenatal just to stay within a normal range because I was always low. So I think I will just take the following:

Calcium 1200mg a day
    Magnesium 250mg a day
    Folic Acid 1200
    Iron 18mg

You also mentioned that I should take potassium supplements ...I thought that swayed blue? Isn't that why I should stay away from bananas? Also I've heard conflicting things about the Magnesium. Do you think that it really sways pink? Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all my questions!!!!!!!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good to know and in that case, do take the iron. You have the option of taking it only every couple of days and not every day as well.

You NEED 2500-3500 mg potassium a day or you risk death. I'm not just saying that either, it's a serious concern, you can give yourself a fatal heart arrhythmia by cutting back on potassium too far. Your body is not meant to exist with no potassium. The limits on potassium are the exact same as advised on the FGD and IGD so you're not risking your sway in any way by getting that much potassium, that's the amount needed to sustain life.

Bananas are totally fine. They are "banned" on IGD and FGD because they have potassium, but you NEED potassium and there are no magic foods anyway. People have made themselves seriously ill by cutting back too far on potassium.

I personally do not believe in the sodium/potassium/cal/mag stuff anyway. I actually suspect that cal/mag may even sway blue. You can read more about that here: (this is a three part essay, with links in the first one to the other two. Discussions after the essays are also interesting) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...roversial.html

I got my DD with both DH and I eating the least amount of dairy and taking no cal/mag, while eating tons of sodium and potassium. This was after a failed sway with DS 4 where I was taking huge doses of cal/mag and avoiding sodium and potassium. This same thing has happened to several of us. It's the DIET that does the swaying, the cal/mag stuff is just a red herring.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

I got my DD with both DH and I eating the least amount of dairy and taking no cal/mag, while eating tons of sodium and potassium. This was after a failed sway with DS 4 where I was taking huge doses of cal/mag and avoiding sodium and potassium. This same thing has happened to several of us. It's the DIET that does the swaying, the cal/mag stuff is just a red herring.
    Same exact thing happened to me. When I swayed with a half-assed IG diet and tons of cal-mag, I got DS3. When I followed the strict LE diet with less calcium than i've ever had in my life I got DD!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow ok now I am confused! Here I was all set to take calcium and mag supplements and do the girl diet! So the premise of the LE diet is just low everything right? How come they say then to eat lots of calcium and fruit, yogurt, etc to conceive a girl? Is your girl sway posted anywhere Mochagirl? I would love to see what diet I should be following and some examples of everyday things I can eat.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're just getting confused between the IG diet and the LE one. The LE diet was devised by atomic sagebrush after exhaustive research, and it is a low fat, low calorie, low protein diet with no specific food restrictions as long as you stay within the general guidelines of allowed calories, fat and protein per day. Many people also limit sodium, though atomic's not sure that's necessary. You can find many more details about the diet as well as lots of recipes in the members section.

Yes, my sway is posted - I can't give you a link because I'm on my phone, but you should be able to find it in the sway section.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks so much!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi hope I've go the write section I have a question about how long it takes to get a response for my personal sway. I paid via PayPal on the 9th July have filled in 2 questionnaires I found on the site, and have sent an email, but have not heard anything back from anyone. I would like to know whether you have received all of my information, and approx when I might receive some information. Does this get posted in my messages or sent to my private email address. Some information would be appreciated. Thankyou Maybe5

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Maybe,

I always send a message when I get the questionnaire but we had a bit of a situation that morning of the 9th, and then I had to be gone for a couple days. When I got back it slipped my mind that I had not contacted you yet and I just started working on your plan without touching base with you first. I'm SO SO sorry from the bottom of my heart. I have your plan and one other almost complete but I saved them one extra day to go over again tomorrow, just to be sure I was happy with them (I work on the plans first thing in the morning when my children are sleeping so I can concentrate, then answer forum posts when the kids are awake so I can be interrupted LOL). I'll send it to tech support first thing in the morning and you will receive an email with a link to your plan.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wantagirly23 View Post
    Wow ok now I am confused! Here I was all set to take calcium and mag supplements and do the girl diet! So the premise of the LE diet is just low everything right? How come they say then to eat lots of calcium and fruit, yogurt, etc to conceive a girl? Is your girl sway posted anywhere Mochagirl? I would love to see what diet I should be following and some examples of everyday things I can eat.
    "they" may say that, but it's NOT part of the LE Diet. You can def. eat some yogurt and some fruit on the LE Diet but you need to stay within the diet guidelines of 1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, 25-60 g fat.

Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast