Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Thanks I will look into that! Also a couple months ago I had sent you a message with a question about abstinence and the options that go with that....I think the choices were abstinence and then dtd once or abstinence combined with compressed FR, etc. I'm 26 and Dh is 27. My plan right now for our first attempt is to do aprox 14 days of abstinence until I get positive opk and then dtd. I usually don't O until 3 days after getting a positive opk so I might decide to dtd the next day making it for 0-1 to increase chances of pregnancy. I typically get positive opks for 3 days straight and O on that last positive opk day. I'm afraid to dtd on first opk because I feel like the chances of getting pregnant that far out are pretty slim. I know it happens to people but we really want to conceive within the next few months. Anyways is it not advisable to use that first batch of sperm after abstaining for 14 days? Should dh release first and then we dtd as soon as he is able? I guess also the idea of just doing one attempt still scares me as I would love to do what we did with DS and just dtd a bunch of times...however I really want to give myself the best shot at conceiving a girl. I suppose doing a one shot try on the first attempt is good for a first attempt. Maybe for the 2nd attempt I can then resort to the abstain plus the compressed FR. How If we do the abstain+ the compressed FR....how many tries does that equal? How many times do you have dh release before you do an actual attempt? Our first attempt is in the beginning of August. If I don't get pregnant then I am seriously contemplating purchasing a sway plan from you because I have so many questions still! Thanks also in advance for taking the time to answer my questions

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think one attempt with abstinence is best but if you really feel the need to DTD twice, use BOTH the abstain batch and then DTD again right away as soon as DH is able to - within 1-3 hours is best, no more than 6 hours. By the time the next day rolls around, the sperm count can recover pretty quickly and you may be back more in the blue zone.

The sperm are STILL damaged from the abstain even if you do a second attempt - there aren't separate little compartments for them, they're all mixed together and they take 72 days or so to form, so the diff. between 71 days and 72 days is really no difference at all.

Abstain plus compressed FR can be as many or few attempts as you like. There's no magic number.

Have you read these essays yet?? I think they'll help you make up your mind.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...frequency.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good. I will read those articles. Right now I was thinking of maybe doing the abstain and then the one attempt at poistive opk...then the next day have dh release a couple of times and then bd once more...totaling 2 actual tries. I was readin another thread where I saw you mention that you think peppermint tea results in a lot of opposites. Why do you think that is? I just bought some peppermint tea yesterday and was planning on having that be part of my sway since I would be doing vitex or anything else. I tried vitex a few months ago and it really messed up my cycle so I don't want to take it. I was thinking about doing the peppermint tea and maybe baby aspirin. I heard of SP but that seems similar to vitex in that is can really effect your cycles...so I don't want to take it! In terms of DH...I was thinking about having him do the Licorice Root but after reading some negative reviews on that as well I have decided against it. Aside from abstain I'm not really making dh do anything else except maybe a hot shower before we bd. Or are you a big believer in dh taking supplements? Do you think that helps?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to say...THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wantagirly23 View Post
    Sounds good. I will read those articles. Right now I was thinking of maybe doing the abstain and then the one attempt at poistive opk...then the next day have dh release a couple of times and then bd once more...totaling 2 actual tries. I was readin another thread where I saw you mention that you think peppermint tea results in a lot of opposites. Why do you think that is? I just bought some peppermint tea yesterday and was planning on having that be part of my sway since I would be doing vitex or anything else. I tried vitex a few months ago and it really messed up my cycle so I don't want to take it. I was thinking about doing the peppermint tea and maybe baby aspirin. I heard of SP but that seems similar to vitex in that is can really effect your cycles...so I don't want to take it! In terms of DH...I was thinking about having him do the Licorice Root but after reading some negative reviews on that as well I have decided against it. Aside from abstain I'm not really making dh do anything else except maybe a hot shower before we bd. Or are you a big believer in dh taking supplements? Do you think that helps?
    1)That frequency plan sounds good to me as long as DH is able to perform! If he starts taking LR, he may not be able to do several releases in a row. If you're not going to do the LR, then he'll prob. be good to go. I do think LR helps but there are no magic bullets. My husband didn't take it and we still got a DD.

2)I don't think the pep tea is very effective, plus, it may raise estrogen as it lowers testosterone which = more EWCM and that may sway blue. Pep tea can also affect your cycles. I personally think SP is much more effective.

3)Vitex can mess up your cycle, but that may be how it sways. May I ask how you were taking the vitex?? We're having the best luck taking V just from AF through the day before you expect to O, and taking SP at the same time may actually help keep the vitex from messing things up too much.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My cycles are usually very long around 35-40 days. I usually ovulate very late around cd 26-30. My luteal phase has been ranging between 8-10 days. I am concerned about this and am actually seeing my doctor next week to discuss the whole luteal phase defect issue...as I am afraid that if I will ha ve trouble conceiving...or even if I do conceive that I will have a early miscarriage. In an effort to try and fix my cycle I took Fertilaid which has vitex and dong quai in it. I took it for 3 months. I guess it was effective in that my cycle went to only 33 days instead but unfortunately my O was still on cd 25 ...so my lp was still only 8 days Since stopping the fertilaid my lp has actually increased (not by much) to 10 days which I guess the internet says is "borderline acceptable". Should I try taking vitex separately? Our first try though is going to be next month so I am afraid of messing my cycles up further. I am hoping that my docotor will just prescribe me some progesterone to take after If I get a bfp so that my short lp doesn't cause me to miscarry. I will talk to him about it next week. Its weird because some things on I have read say that there is no such thing as a luteal phase defect and others say it does. With DS he was conceived on CD 28 (so a late O) but I have no idea what my lp was. We weren't really trying with him. We were dtd a lot but I wasn't tracking cycles or anything so I have no idea what my lps have been in the past. Maybe I have always had a short lp?!

TTC a Fall 2012 (Starting in Sept!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, def. try the vitex separately. I don't trust some of the Chinese herbs, I think they do more harm than good.

The good news is, if your cycle is already screwy, the V and SP can make it better, not worse.

LP of 10 days is just ok, if your doc is willing to prescribe prog supps that's great, and he may even let you try Clomid which will fix everything and sway pink to boot.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a forum question. I clicked "mark forums read" under quick links at the top to see what it would do. I now can't view any new posts that I know I haven't read. How do I fix this?
    2006 2009
    IT'S A GIRL!!!! Prayed for and expecting a June 2013!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

‘The lot is cast into the lap but every decision is wholly of the Lord’ (Proverbs 16:33). In Hebrew it reads;‘Even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him’.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilpumpkin06 View Post
    I have a forum question. I clicked "mark forums read" under quick links at the top to see what it would do. I now can't view any new posts that I know I haven't read. How do I fix this?
    Let's message NBP and see what she can do to help - I'm technologically handicapped LOL!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack........with more questions Are you sick of me yet? LOL. If you have answered these before (which i'm sure you prob have) please let me know which thread I can find it in!

I went to the grocery store to stock up on supplements for my girl sway.Below is the list. How much (dosage wise) should I be taking daily of each supplement as part of my girl sway? If there is anything on the list I should drop please feel free to let me know! Also if there isn't anything on here that you think is like an absolute must for the sway please let me know!!!

1) Calcium (planning on taking 1200mg-1800mg)

2) Magnesium (planning on 150mg a day)

3) B6 (taking this to lengthen lp...have no idea how much to take though! Also when do I take it? AF-0? After 0? Everyday until I get a bfp?)

3) Folic Acid (how much should I take daily?)

4) Baby Aspirin (I see this in a lot of girls' sways. Why exactly does it sway and would you suggest taking this for swaying? If yes how much should I take and when should it be taken during the cycle?)

5) Random question! If you were to hypothetically get a bfp on lets say 9 dpo then would that mean that your luteal phase was 9 days long that cycle? I guess my question is how would you know what your lp was the cycle you get pregnant? My lp is short but since I got an early bfp with my son (I think 8 or 9 dpo) I am guessing I implanted really early that cycle and my lp would have been short. So maybe having a short lp doesn't affect getting pregnant in some women? Just a thought : Been wondering!

TTC a Fall 2012 (Starting in Sept!)

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast