Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Time is running out and husband knows nothing yet!

Hi there
    Ihave just joined for desperately needed advice and support on using high tech! I had my second son last Aug after a very hard and rigidly stuck to sway which did not work. I was so desperately dissapointed, and now I am turning 40 in Dec this year and know that it is now or never if I am going to try one last time to get my dreamed of daughter! I feel like it is all I am thinking of and atriving for, and its driving me crazy because I have no one to talk to about it as it is such a taboo subject here in the UK. I want to tell my husband but he keeps dropping hints that he does'nt want anymore kids because our youngest has put him off because he s much more harder work than our first which is torchure for me! HELP ME PLEASE?!!!!

Dec 2006
    Aug 2011

through PGD, 2012?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! You'll find that this site is a great place to start to gather some info and support. I would suggest sitting down with hubby and telling him how you feel, though. Can't do much unless both of you are on board. Most of our DHs don't really understand GD but once they see how we feel they support us to make us happy. So he may surprise you once you open up.

Good luck!
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with RC , I collected info and thought about it for 7 months and DH had no idea, I just had a strong feeling he will say no, I am in the US but in my culture ( I am from the middle east) it is a taboo as well, so sat down with him after a nice dinner and told him about someone I knew on the other site that got twin boys from going HT his face and reaction was priceless I was in complete shock , he is the one suggested if we could go HT, and of course I acted all surprised.
    Just don't overwhelm him with info b/c men are really weird when it comes to these medical procedures. Good luck to you
    2006 2010
    baby boy is here 06/26/2013 after 2 IVF cycles 1 FET

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi RedCanoe and mybluepilot! Thank you so much for your advise. You were definately right about me talking to DH. I guess I just needed a bit of encouragement from someone who understands to give me the confidence to do it! I have been keepung all off this to myself since just after the birth of my second son because I have just felt terrible about the guilt of being gender dissappointed. its certainly not a very nice place to be when everyone around you is saying that it will go and to just focus on your new baby and it will go away, but it did'nt! The whole thing has been eating away at me ever since! Anyway to cut a long story short, me and DH went out on Sat just gone and I waited all night until we were eating our meal at a local restaurant and he guess it and said "you want my sperm don't you" OMG! My heart went into my mouth and I went into floods of tears. he said if you really want to and of course I said'yes', and he said 'OK then'! I couldn't believe it! But I was too scared of mentioning going HT because he keeps on mentonting how we has so little money! So I still have one more bombshell to hit him with yet! I feel sick with nerves just thinking about it now! I know that I want to be doing it by Dec this year! I am stopping breast feeding my baby in 4 weeks then I can get my natural cycles back into some kind of order again as I haven't had a period in nearly 2 years!