Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

GENESIS BOOKED FOR MAY 2013 - ANY INFO/HELP APPRECIATED

Hello to everyone xx
    I have been browsing this site for some time now - looking for info on IVF/PGD for my long awaited daughter.
    I was in the process of speaking with Dr Savvas (Genesis) last year. I got really worried about how much the process costs and if it would even work. So me and partner decided to try naturally one last time. I had 3 boys and gave birth to another beautiful boy in May 2012.
    There is no way i can try again, so i have no choice but to arrange IVF/PGD.
    Any way i have just booked a holiday to Cyprus for 22nd May 2013. Genesis have emailed me referrals for bloods and scans. I have to get these done in london in January. To be honest i am scared about the pre testing as i am such a bad liar and obviously i cant let them now why im having IVF (especially with already having 4 boys).
    If anyone has any info they can pass onto me, i would really appreciate it.
    I think all you ladies are so brave and im so glad i found this site. xx

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations with your boy! When people asked about the pgd I told them that my husband had a DNA defect and we didn't want to pass it to our future child. When they asked why we didn't do that with our first child we told then de didn't know about the possibility of pgd.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Lisvna
    Thankyou for your reply.
    Yes I will have to think of a good story just in case. Maybe they wont ask questions!
    I was thinking of saying that im doing IVF abroad as me and partner have been trying for a baby for a long time and dont qualify for IVF on NHS as I already have children. Do you think they can tell (scan) that i have had a baby recently? This might be a stupid question but im just not sure.
    My beautiful boy is now 17 weeks and im so glad now that i didnt go through with PGD last year.
    I now have no choice but to try PGD for my girl, as i have a house full of boys
    Congratulations on your pregnancy x

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! I have no idea if they can see it.....Good luck anyway!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome four boys need my girl!
    I think the majority of women just find a private clinic locally and ask for the scan and blood test "to check assess their fertility status", not mentioning any children they already have.
    I am planning to go to Genesis around 4th may 2013 to try for a girl or two (I have two boys). I have already told my GP that I plan to go to Cyprus for PGD as I would love a baby girl and she has happily referred me to the NHS fertility clinic. I asked Dr Savvas what he thought the fertility doctors would say and be said " it's not their business, why would you tell them?" and sounded a bit angry at the idea of me being open about it (he does have to protect himself as gender selction is not technically legal in south cyprus). So I'm not sure what to say now when I have my appointment. My GP just wrote in the letter that i was considering IVF abroad but didnt give the reason (though i would think it would be quite obvious!) I dont like lying and I feel that I am not doing anything wrong in going abroad for gender selection and I think that the more openness there is about it, the better. People feel negatively towards the process because it is a new technology and a new concept being able to choose the sex of your baby. I'm sure attitudes will soon change and it will be commonplace and perhaps the law may even change in the UK?
    So far, I've only told my parents and my best friend who was totally supportive but I really struggle with secrecy. Normally if something is on my mind, its really obvious and I can't think of anything else and really need to vent. I worry about what people might say. I suppose friends who didn't like me because of it wouldn't be worth being friends with but they might gossip and then I would be judged by a much wider circle of people.
    So I'm not sure that this answer helps at all! If the fertility docs are so appalled at my attempting the lifestyle choice of a pink baby, then I'll end up going further afield for the tests but I hope that one day soon ladies like us won't have to feel ashamed.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4boys need my girl View Post
    Hello Lisvna
    Thankyou for your reply.
    Yes I will have to think of a good story just in case. Maybe they wont ask questions!
    I was thinking of saying that im doing IVF abroad as me and partner have been trying for a baby for a long time and dont qualify for IVF on NHS as I already have children. Do you think they can tell (scan) that i have had a baby recently? This might be a stupid question but im just not sure.
    My beautiful boy is now 17 weeks and im so glad now that i didnt go through with PGD last year.
    I now have no choice but to try PGD for my girl, as i have a house full of boys
    Congratulations on your pregnancy x
    Best of luck for your girl!
    They *might* be able to tell, things might still be stretched, and lining and such. They will also want a full history of pregnancies, probably best not to fib? My OB is hubby's cousin so there's NO chance of getting anything past him
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Hels Bells
    I had blood tests done last year in harley street. I was so nervous about what they might say, but they didnt ask a single question. I was so releived. I didnt get the scans done as i decided to try naturally. I was about to arrange scans with a Dr in Harley Street.
    I need to not worry about this really. There is so much we have to go through with out worrying over what others think. It annoys me how people can be so critical over this. We are all going through hell to get a baby of desired gender. Im not telling No one -except partner At least i dont have to listen to negatives.
    I will keep a look out for you on here and see how you are getting on. Good luck x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello tinksmagic
    Oh really. I thought maybe they could tell. Ill just go with the flow and see what happens.
    Im not going to stress over this - i will be a nervous wreck by January
    Thankyou x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey all.. So happy I have found this thread. I am in the process of considering PGD in Thailand through a Sydney clinic- The clinic in Thailand is supeior art. We have started the initial testing- semen checks and follicle tests. I'm fairly apprehensive but were so desperate for a boy. I'm thinkingbshould we try and sway but even though PGD is a financial burden my husband wants to go down this route. The success rate is 43pc which doesn't help me with being apprehensive.
    I'm not sure what I'm asking on here but just any advice or any extra info you can give. I can read over and over the literature but sometimes a personal response is so much better. Does it worry you all about the low success rate. I'm presuming the reason people aren't successful is "just one of those things" but any tips for what I can do beforehand to help me on my way.

I know I'm going on but just feel a little overwhelmed. Thxs all.