Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Important BD question...

Hi. So I had a look at my chart from June last year when I got my last BFP and I had 3 days in a row of positive OPKs (smiley faces) - CD 15,16 and 17. FF marked my crossroads for a definite O on CD 17. DH and I BD on the night that I Oed (night of CD 17). We had also BD on CD 13 but I doubt sperm could last the 4 days to fertilise the egg so I'm guessing it was BD on CD 17 that did it. Anyway, could this be significant in some way since last month we BD the night of my first pos OPK but we got a BFN? Could it be that DH's sperm are not staying alive long enough for the egg if we are DTD at first pos OPK? Also, if we do the SMEP this cycle will his sperm count be ok with BD the 3 days in a row over pos OPK period? Thanks for your reply.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In not sure but interested to see other replies u get on this.

I'm doing every4 days again this month, but not jump and dump. Will persevere with e4d this month and hope sperm is still alive whenever I ovulate xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (2010)

(2013)

(2017)

Surprise due (2020)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's basically impossible to conceive from BD on O day, and outright impossible from the night of O day. You conceived from the CD13 BD. Or you Oed later. I'd bet my life on it.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

4. Likes afrevert23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Maiden. I used to think (and right up until a few days ago) that you could even conceive day after o. Not anymore. It is way more likely the sperm survived long enough from earlier bd than that you conceived from o day. If you'd bded that early morning and oed later the same night then maybe? But more likely than not ot was from earlier bd.

519b48 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with others, that conception was likely from sperm on cd13. I've conceived from BD three days before O so I don't think four days before is too farfetched. It is possible to conceive from an O day attempt but probably not likely as the sperm may not capacitate in time.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dontlike, did you BD in the morning? Can you post your chart? Also, it is possible for even temps to be wrong...

1moregirl, I'd be interested to see your BFP chart too.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's basically the night before IMO. Yes, early on O day is possible, but still rare. Most people don't know exactly when they Oed and charting apps, especially FF, often get O day wrong.

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll try and get a screen shot of my BFP chart from last June Maiden and post it here. But this next time I am just going to try SMEP and see what happens. Last year I had tried to do a O+12 you see - the IG tactic for girl sway.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

10. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok ladies, if you want to see my BFP you click on my FF link and then you just scroll down until you get to the chart dated June 2015. Then you will see it. Have a look and then let me know what you think. All I know from my notes is that we BD at 8pm that night with me on top and then I laid down for a bit and then got up and put diva cup in. At about 1.30am I got up and took diva cup out to check PH of contents and I noticed a bit of egg white fluid and a bit of pink blood in the bottom of diva cup (prob coz I inserted it in a rush after BD and hurt my insides. Youch!) At some stage (possibly after BD and laying flat for a bit) I inserted a few drops of warm lemon juice with a syringe into vj prior to inserting diva cup. The morning I got my first pos OPK smiley face I had ovulation Pains that night at 8pm and took 2 panadol because it was sooo painful. Plus some mornings I was taking BbT at 6.45 and others at 7am so maybe that contributed to making my O day incorrect? Who knows? I had also noted that on CD 13 I got a pos Ovuplan OPK test strip but clear blue negative - so had BD that night. Interesting that I had Ovuplan positive on CD 13, yet Clearblue didn't show a positive until CD 15. What do you make of that? How interesting...I had completely forgotten all of this until I have just gone back and checked my notes on FF for that cycle. How bizarre! I still don't believe I got pregnant from intercourse 4 days prior to O day when I'm sure DH has low motility. But for this next cycle I am certainly going to try and cover all bases. According to this last cycle we BD 4 days prior to O and on O day somehow yet big fat nothing. I'm just going to aim for more attempts this cycle and see what happens.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dontlikethetruth View Post
    I DTD at 2:30am and im pretty confident that I ovulated shortly after.
    I no longer have my chart but I seriously doubt my temps were wrong when they have always been right before.

I also know several people who DTD on O day and have conceived. Most who do shettles for boy dtd on O day only.
    Did those people you know who conceived from BD on O day have girls or boys? Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast