Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope your husband comes around to the idea of another but in the meanwhile maybe you should go to counseling together. You guys have been hashing this out for a while and have not come to a real agreement.

There are all kinds of happy children: children from small families, children from large families, children with only brothers, children with only sisters, children with both, children with no siblings at all. How functional and happy you are as a family has nothing to do with how many children you have or what sex they are.

No children are happy--NONE--when their parents are fighting.

I think you should put that first, not only because it gives you the best chance of getting what you want (which it does), but because having a happy family is the whole point. Anyway, best of luck. I hope you read this as a "food for thought" post and not an unsupportive post.

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes nicoler, 1moregirl, A Mad Swayentist liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
    I really hope your husband comes around to the idea of another but in the meanwhile maybe you should go to counseling together. You guys have been hashing this out for a while and have not come to a real agreement.

There are all kinds of happy children: children from small families, children from large families, children with only brothers, children with only sisters, children with both, children with no siblings at all. How functional and happy you are as a family has nothing to do with how many children you have or what sex they are.

No children are happy--NONE--when their parents are fighting.

I think you should put that first, not only because it gives you the best chance of getting what you want (which it does), but because having a happy family is the whole point. Anyway, best of luck. I hope you read this as a "food for thought" post and not an unsupportive post.
    Thanks Trifecta. That is definitely food for thought. Thankfully most of the conversations (or disagreements I should say) we've had about the topic have been confined to our bedroom at night when the kids are asleep. No I don't think your message was unsupportive at all. It was really good and I appreciate that perspective. I certainly don't want to be harping on at him all the time about it, that's for sure. Just today I text him and said I was sorry for the other night, that I wouldn't mention it again (at least for a while and said I might just buy a puppy instead. Bahahaha! That is kinda funny coz he doesn't really like dogs and we have two already. Thanks again for the advice.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

4. Likes trifecta liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another puppy

At least a baby doesn't chew through cords and pee all over the house.

6. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsGoodies View Post
    1 moregirl, i feel for you because i went thru the same thing. I wonder why its the spouse who wants more kids supposed to be the one to "give in"? That to me is just B.S. if your DH changes his mind in 10 yrs he can just go for it. But you have an expiration date.

I know people 60-70 yrs old who STILL wish had more children including my MIL...people don't regret kids they have.

In another post I told you what I told my DH when I had this argument and he came round in less than a week after pouting for a couple days. In the end his man-primal nature kicked in and he wanted HIS sperm offspring in the house ....lol.
    totally, I also wonder why it's the one who wants another child (who is 9 times out of 10 the woman) who has to give in and everyone just shrugs helplessly like there is simply nothing to be done at all. :/ But I've gone on and on about this before!

At the end of it all it, it's going to ruin your relationship if you proceed with going behind his back. That is what you have to ask yourself. Is it worth it to take the chance? Maybe it is, but you need to be honest with yourself anyway about what the real consequences are, because I don't think he's going to be so happy about this pregnancy even if he was about the previous one.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    totally, I also wonder why it's the one who wants another child (who is 9 times out of 10 the woman) who has to give in and everyone just shrugs helplessly like there is simply nothing to be done at all. :/ But I've gone on and on about this before!
    You have? Where? I'd like to read it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Low and behold he agreed to no condom last night (or early this morning at 4am) and got a positive smiley face this morning at around 8am. Had a positive yesterday morning on Ovuplan test strip but negative smiley face yesterday late afternoon. I think I will be pushing it though to do the 3 night in a row SMEP though as he looks super tired tonight. I think I'll just leave it at this attempt and see what happens. It worked out perfect timing. I was on top, then afterwards he helped me to have a big O (to help the swimmers along). After that he had to get out of bed and rush off to work so I laid for a long while on my tummy and then on my back with hips elevated (for about an hour). And then I put a little amount of preseed around top rim of soft cup and inserted it and left it in for 12 hours (I did this because I did it the last time I got a BFP last year and it made me feel better about the attempt). Didn't use any lube for BD as I was quite wet and I didn't want to fuss about looking for the preseed and risk him getting cold feet about wearing a condom. So there you have....small miracles really do happen. I thought I was out for this cycle for sure after our disagreement a few nights ago. I guess he really doesn't want a puppy. wish me luck. I have a pineapple on standby to start eating from 1DPO til 5/6 DPO. We'll see what happens but I am not going to get excited like I did last cycle. And I am not going to test until around AF time as its not worth the disappointment.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

10. Likes jennypenny, essnce629, bunnywabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck 1moregirl!! Sending you sticky pink baby dust!!!

519b48 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

12. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbn3 View Post
    Good luck 1moregirl!! Sending you sticky pink baby dust!!!

519b48 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com
    Thankyou honey. You as well. Are you still in the 2 WW or waiting to do an attempt? Sorry, but I have a hard time keeping track of who is doing what here. Xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay for small miracles 1moregirl!

Your attempt is really making me broody but this is only my first cycle after miscarriage and I had a uti/antibiotics...who knows how that would mess with my sway...i am only on the diet 40 days too which isnt long enough....but boy its going to be hard skipping when I see that +opk....

Hope you snag that golden eggy

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pbn3...your chart is looking good also.

I really hope you catch it this time. I am praying all of us ladies see our dreams come true!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast