Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So when did you tell people??

I'm not that far along - only about six weeks. We are seeing part of the family for Thanksgiving and will spill the beans then (I'll be about 9 weeks then). Haven't told anyone else - anyone - except DH. But it's hard! I feel like crap all day long with the morning sickness and it's hard to hold all of that in. However, if I could keep HT a secret, even with my Mom visiting, then this shouldn't be so hard, right??

This time however, I'm not really looking forward to hearing all of the comments. After having three boys, I'm sure there will be a lot of them. Not necessarily nasty, but comments nonetheless and if not outright judgmental, I'm sure I'll read between the lines anyway.

And then there is the complication of having said that we had tried and failed to have another baby. It's not untrue - we tried HT and it was not successful. Then I turned 40 over the summer and gave away ALL of my baby stuff. I still have a crib and a high chair, and that's it!! Not a shred of clothing... grr... I'm so mad at myself for doing that. Anyway... we let fate take its course for one month and surprise! Here I am. It's not uncommon for people to give up and then get pregnant, which is how I'm sure it will be interpreted. Sorry... I guess I just had to vent. It's hard when you can't talk to anyone IRL. Tell me your stories - would love to hear them!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well all of my close friends and family knew that we were trying and actually knew that we were trying swaying. It took us 10 months to concieve naturally (strange for us because the others were 1 month wonders) So as soon as i got my BFP i was telling everyone, i couldnt keep it in i was just too happy. We didnt get nasty comments at all because everyone was aware that we wanted a boy, so most of the comments were wishing us luck with that. I just had my 12 week scan so i posted a pic on facebook for the rest of our friends and overseas family to find out and there has been great feedback so far. The status i wrote with the pic said "Say hello to the newest member of our family! This little cutie pie will be joining us around May 13 "

I think the trick is to claim it as your decision and be proud of what you have done and express your joy about the situation, if people see you are hesitant about what is going on they may latch onto it and make a comment to make it worse, but if people see that you are in control of the situation and you feel blessed etc, it will rub off on them too.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!
    We actually told people pretty early, most of our family and close close friends we told around 6 weeks (but we made sure they knew it was still a secret as there was still alot that could happen), then we actually just made the pregnancy public this week after everything went well at our ultrasound! I have a hard time keeping in secrets and surprises so we just couldn't wait any longer (not too mention people notice I'm gaining weight)!!!! I am actually proud for waiting until 9 weeks LOL I found out when I was 3 weeks 4 days so it has been a long almost 6 weeks!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've told most of our friends, but none of our family. The reason is because our friends are genuinely happy for us and our families think we're kind of loco for having "so many" kids. The first two pregnancies were easily excitable, but after that, not so much (for others, I mean). We just moved 3.5 hours north and life has been INSANE, so we're just waiting. How long? I'm not sure. But I just don't want to hear anything "polite" right now. Does that make sense?
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if i get preg in jan im not telling anyone till april 1st lmao which i will be 3 months.... it will be funny for april fools i will post a u/s pic on facebook lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't tell until I am 22 weeks, it is a long pregnancy when people know!! We like to keep it just between the 2 of us. The only pregnancy I told earlier was my 4th, my sister got pregnant and told me in confidence. I told her the next day I was 15 weeks!!! She had only found out!!
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We're waiting until Thanksgiving to tell our families (although our parents already know, but that's it). I'll be almost 12 weeks then. That's only 3 weeks away, and I can't wait for it to get here! I've been so sick and so tired, it's been hard hiding it. I also recently posted in the Dream Members lounge about how I need to tell my sister soon, but I'm having a hard time with it because she's been TTC for months, but it's not happening for her. They've decided to put TTC on hold for the next year, so it's going to be so hard telling her I'm pregnant, and with twins too. It's weird, I have such mixed feelings this time around. We've always told everyone as soon as we've gotten a BFP, but we wanted to wait this time for several reasons. I'm so nervous to tell my sister (I don't want to hurt her), but yet I'm so anxious and excited to tell the rest of our family on Thanksgiving. OH, and I can't wait to tell our boys! They're going to be such sweet big brothers to the twins, and I can't wait to share my growing bump, kicks, and just the whole pregnancy journey with them!
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She will def be envious but if you guys are really close maybe it will be easier you could take her with you to apps I don't know if that will make it worse for her tho but I would try to include her if possible.... That's sad I couldn't imagine not being able to get preg... So many peopl take it for granted

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting-a-girl View Post
    She will def be envious but if you guys are really close maybe it will be easier you could take her with you to apps I don't know if that will make it worse for her tho but I would try to include her if possible.... That's sad I couldn't imagine not being able to get preg... So many peopl take it for granted
    I would love to take her with me (in fact, she came with me and DH to our big u/s with DS1!) but she now lives 8 hours away, so it's not possible this time around. They "only" tried for about 5 months this year (which is not a terribly long time), but they now have to put TTC on hold for a year because they are trying to time when she will have the baby - she doesn't get paid time off from work, so she needed to have the baby during the summer, when she will be off work anyway. My heart breaks for her though, she's so disappointed it didn't work out these past few months, and now has to wait. I'm dreading telling her my news.
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I would love to take her with me (in fact, she came with me and DH to our big u/s with DS1!) but she now lives 8 hours away, so it's not possible this time around. They "only" tried for about 5 months this year (which is not a terribly long time), but they now have to put TTC on hold for a year because they are trying to time when she will have the baby - she doesn't get paid time off from work, so she needed to have the baby during the summer, when she will be off work anyway. My heart breaks for her though, she's so disappointed it didn't work out these past few months, and now has to wait. I'm dreading telling her my news.

That's a hard one Sweetpea, I can imagine your worries about telling her I honestly don't know how to best tackle the situation but in the end, you'll def have to tell her. Can you ask your mother for help if you're telling your mother first? If your sister is also gonna be with you for Thanksgiving, that's a different story of course. I think I would ask sister to talk to her in a private room before announcing it to all the family and tell her that as your special sister, you wanted her to know first. And perhaps tell her that you really wish she'll get pg soon so that your babies will be same age. I don't know if it's the best way to go with it but I think that's what I'll do.
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast