Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone had a pattern that got broken?

Though I see that wives tales aren't accurate, I have noticed some people have pattern on an individual basis based on gender. Like always sick with their boys, never with their girls. Always craved spicy foods with your boys, never with your girls.

But I'm wondering if anyone has had a pattern only for it to get broken in a later pregnancy.

For example, were you REALLY sick with m/s with your girls and not with your boys, but then didn't have m/s the next pregnancy and still had a girl?

Or maybe you craved pineapple with all your boys and cheese with you girls, but then you craved cheese and had a boy?

I hope my question makes sense. I guess you've had to have a lot of kids (and kids of both genders) to notice a pattern and give it a chance to be broken, though lol. but I'm curious. Based on how I felt with my boys, how I felt with my girl, and how I feel this time . . . I feel like I'm having another boy.
    Last edited by Inky; January 2nd, 2013 at 07:56 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With ds1 I craved fresh, crisp food and only had a bit of nausea for 2 weeks then absolutely fine! Lots of energy etc...
    With ds2 I was sick from 6 weeks, starving hungry but ill, vomiting or dry retching at least once every morning from about 8 weeks until 4 months. Couldn't eat meat for months, tired etc....

So same gender but 2 completely different pregnancies.....
    5 22 months

Hoping and praying for on our next (and final) baby.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've definitely heard of that before But some women seem to develop patterns. I guess I'm just hoping for those of us who DO have patterns, there is still hope of the pregnancy being different then OUR other pregnancies of the same gender (ie: pattern breaking eventually).

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had 3 pregnancies so far (although didn't quite make it to the 2nd trimester with the first one) but I have had different symptoms each time and have had 2 boys

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had same symptoms with my first and third pregnancies...first is a boy and third is a girl. Interesting to note is that my second is girl too!lol
    '04'06'10'14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know of at least one mom who had hypermessis with her first daughter, then nothing with her second and only only mild m/s with the two boys.

I have all boys but third pregnancy was so different from the first two which were like carbon copies of each other (although interestingly ds1 and ds2 are like chalk and cheese but ds1 and ds3 are two peas in a pod)
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for giving me hope, Mrs. P!

I know I am very lucky to already have 1 little girl. And I will love this baby no matter what. But 1) special needs run in my family with boys 9 out of 10 times on BOTH sides of my family (both my boys currently are ASD) and 2) I want one more chance to dress little girls up and do little girl things. We almost didn't have another because of the possibility it could be a boy, but ultimately we decided we want another BABY. Though we HOPE it's a girl, we knew we wanted another baby either way. Still, I know I will go through a period of sadness if it's a boy, not because I will be unhappy that he is who he is, but because I will be unhappy that our dream of having another little girl has come to an end without another little girl in the picture (this will be out last child).

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With cs 1 and 2 I craved vinager with ds3 craved sweet things like cherry coke and Belgium waffles
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think one of my patterns will be broken one way or another this pregnancy.
    with my boys I had mild m/s and with dd i had severe m/s. This time, it's mild.
    with my dd, I craved fruit, with my boys, I craved meat. This time, I crave fruit.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Child #1 (girl): Severe fatigue and no nausea
    Children #2, #3, #4 (boys): Slight fatigue and lots of nausea
    Current pregnancy (twin girls!): Fatigue (not severe, but not light) and lots of nausea again

Symptoms really do not determine gender.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast