Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    This may help http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ng+sperm+count All the little tidbits on boosting sperm numbers in one place.
    Thanks Atomic!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well i'm expecting to ovulate on monday or tuesday, my donor said he doesn't have enough "stock" to do an insemination night, morning, night so we'll be doing once a day for 3 days. I hope everything i've been doing with diet etc will pay off. If not a daughter will be fine, a baby is a baby and either gender will be amazing!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great Kris! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Once a day for 3 days is great too! Sending you all my blue dust!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How is it all going hun?!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im a few mins from doing the second and last insemination. All along he said he could do 3 over 3 nights but now he is saying he won't have enough 'stock" and only wanted to do it last night then thursday. i told him that will be too late, if he couldn't do it tonight then we'd just go home. It's a big trip for us, a lot of planning and expenses and he just doesn't seem to be taking that seriously. It's not like we can try whenever we want, it's taken a lot of planning and tracking everything to get to this point.

He's also pushing me to have down syndrome testing if i get pregnant, he said his doctor recommended it due to my age.....im 30.
    If it doesn't take this month with him i'm not sure i will continue to try with him, something doesn't seem right....

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris217 View Post
    Im a few mins from doing the second and last insemination. All along he said he could do 3 over 3 nights but now he is saying he won't have enough 'stock" and only wanted to do it last night then thursday. i told him that will be too late, if he couldn't do it tonight then we'd just go home. It's a big trip for us, a lot of planning and expenses and he just doesn't seem to be taking that seriously. It's not like we can try whenever we want, it's taken a lot of planning and tracking everything to get to this point.

He's also pushing me to have down syndrome testing if i get pregnant, he said his doctor recommended it due to my age.....im 30.
    If it doesn't take this month with him i'm not sure i will continue to try with him, something doesn't seem right....

just curious and of ftopic, is the donor planning on being involved in the baby's life?
    as far as down syndrome, in my particular situation every pregnancy ive had (the older you get) the "possibility" to have a child with D.S. gets higher. i guess all dr's are diff, but my doc said chances of having a kid with D.S. are high only if you have it in yoru genes. ppl these days start having kids in their 40s and their babies come out fine. who knows where it really comes from. its all statistical tho. and youre pretty young if you ask me!! at my dr's place she said in 20 yrs they only seen one child with D.S. born to a 25 yr old woman.
    i had tests done for both pg and the 2nd was higher percentage so i freakd out cried for days (both times cried), then they do an U/S and show that the bones are forming fine. the only clear cut way is to have an amnio. neither of my girls do not have D.S.
    yeah i agree something doesntseem right with this guy, but you never know. somethings not right with my husband either!
    hahahaha jk
    :-D
    ..but good luck anyway!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol yeah maybe it's just a male thing :P
    Yes the donor will be involved in the child's life, i don't think it would be fair to the child to deny them that so he will have visitation rights and phone calls and those type of things. he just seems to be getting too personal, he even emailed me today asking where my dr was, if it was local enough and if i'd be getting regular check ups.
    Duh, of course i will be! He was even asking my partner the same questions and she's so close to telling him to back off. He was questioning our eating habits, asking how often we eat junk food etc and if we'd give the baby junk food.....another duh!

Anyway, about the DS. Of course no parent wishes their child would have it so i will be going to my regular ultrasounds and any other testing my dr recommends. I think he is paranoid about it. I just don't know what to do about it, i mean would it be a good idea to continue with him seeing he's been like this so early on.....he could get worse and bossy once the child is born...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

OMG that is CRAZY (about the Down's Testing.) I would NOT have it done. Honestly I kinda don't believe him to be quite honest because that doesn't seem like the sort of thing a guy would discuss with a doctor. My doctors (two different doctors mind you) advised me against having it and I was 36 and 38 years old at the time...there are tons of false positives and you end up having to have unnecessary amniocentesis done in many cases, which has risks of miscarriage. At 30 your odds of miscarriage from amnio will be far higher than your risks of having a baby with a chromosomal defect!!!

I am getting an "off" feeling too and I think you may be doing the right thing not continuing to try with him.

I am so thankful that you guys were able to do the second insemination at least, I think it will up your odds of success. Praying that it takes!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol yeah maybe it's just a male thing :P
    Yes the donor will be involved in the child's life, i don't think it would be fair to the child to deny them that so he will have visitation rights and phone calls and those type of things. he just seems to be getting too personal, he even emailed me today asking where my dr was, if it was local enough and if i'd be getting regular check ups.
    Duh, of course i will be! He was even asking my partner the same questions and she's so close to telling him to back off. He was questioning our eating habits, asking how often we eat junk food etc and if we'd give the baby junk food.....another duh!

Anyway, about the DS. Of course no parent wishes their child would have it so i will be going to my regular ultrasounds and any other testing my dr recommends. I think he is paranoid about it. I just don't know what to do about it, i mean would it be a good idea to continue with him seeing he's been like this so early on.....he could get worse and bossy once the child is born...
    The way it almost comes off to me is that he is suddenly afraid of being "saddled" with a child that has disabilities or something...maybe he just realized that it could possibly happen now that it has become a reality? I hope he quiets down about it now.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The guys comments sound fishy.... I would stay away from him. If the guy is going to be just a donor then nothing is his business, except filling the cup. As the one carrying, birthing, and raising a child it is your choice as to what you do. I hope you do get preg but from a better guy... You are the 1st same sex couple I have seen on here and it is exciting to see the outcome.

My hubby and I have been talking about doing egg and sperm donations after we are done having kids. How did you find the guy? Was it easy or did it take a long time?
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast