Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    My tester came with a storage solution and one buffer solution? I did not mention anything about needing another one, should I be getting another???!!
    I'm not familiar with the brand you have. I have the HI 99104. I thought it was supposed to come w/ at least the cleaning solution but it didn't and I had to re-order and pay pretty big shipping to get it.

There is a manual for the HI 99104 online and it comes with the monitor but I learned about using water in between buffer solutions when calibrating from youtube.

Sorry, I only know about the hannah but let me look real quick about yours. Do you have a Model number? If you still have the instructions, check your manual and see what it says. I would go with the manufacture's recommendation. I thought it was a little confusing at first but eventually figured it out.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will add a link later today am not home atm but i got mine from
    Dicksmith.com.au
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On the website that website there are only 2 PH meters so I'm assuming you got the M/N PH501 Pocket Digital PH meter. The instructions are on this link which s/b the manufacturers.

http://www.professionalequipment.com...100_manual.pdf

I'm getting conflicting info on this. The manufacturer just recommends the one calibration solution that it comes with, which is the PH7 (this is a neutral PH). As far as I've read, and 1 of the websites I looked at re: your monitor, says you should use two.

I use as PH7 (Neutral PH) then a PH4. But you can use a PH4 or PH10 solution depending if you are trying to get readings closer to a 4 PH or 10 PH from what I can understand.

My Hanna HI 99104 has two places to adjust the PH7 reading and then PH 4 or PH 10 reading. Yours has a screw I believe and a screw driver that came with it and you adjust the trimmer on the right side of the meter.

The manufacture recommends to calibrate every 2 weeks or 10 uses but I've read that you should calibrate as much as you want it accurate. The reviews on your PH meter say that have to adjust it a lot so I'd do it the every week and before any really important readings like near O.

They just want you to rinse off the electrode after each use w/ water and then put it in the cap with the storage solution when you've complete your use. I clean mine by swishing it around in a bottle cap of the cleaning solution then store in the storage solution in the cap.

This is a great website with info on hannah PH meters and easy to read and I can't imagine Ph meters are all that different:
    http://www.hannacan.com/conseils_pH_en.htm

Man oh man, this would be so much easier over the phone. I calibrate mine by putting the tip of the meter in like a bottle cap of the PH7 (enough to cover the electrode) swish it around and adjust the PH7 part on my meter till it says 7.01. Then rinse in water and put into a different bottle cap with the PH4 solution, swish around and adjust my PH 4/10 area till it reads 4.01 or 10.01. I always swish in each solution, again after I've calibrated to that PH, and before I move to the next after it's calibrated, to ensure it still reads the same. I generally rinse again then store in the storage solution. It's important to keep the electrode wet when not being used in the storage solution.

I would suggest buying another solution or PH4 or PH10 as well if you have the time. I can't look at your meter so I can't be sure of anything. I believe there are other people on this forum w/ your meter that could have more info. The manufacture has such little info.

This is sooo long and no one probably cares but I got carried away and ultimately couldn't help much. So sorry!
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    MFC I don't think it is too late if you're super curious about it... after all, you are only supposed to test right around O anyway, so you've got 2 weeks to get it ordered and delivered. I just use the pHion strips but am thinking about getting a digital one ... I just can't decide if I care enough! I know it will bum me out if my pH isn't changing and then I will lose hope and fall off the diet train and go back to eating cupcakes all day ;-) So I'm kinda thinking I'll just go with the ignorance is bliss theory, because I don't want to get discouraged.
    Thanks begonia, I will look around for the wheatgrass If I didn't find it I will order it online Tomorrow I'm really interested in taking that stuff.
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the deluxe, not the pocket:
    http://dicksmith.com.au/product/Q141...meter-amp-case
    Fathers Day baby!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    iluvmyman, Thank you for your help concerning the pH tester. I also have the HI 99104, but I need to order the cleaning solution.
    Mom to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow this one is expensive. Never seen this one before. I've only known about the white & red one.
    Mom to

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really, damn I was thinking it was cheaper lol oops! Don't tell my DH lol
    Fathers Day baby!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really, damn I was thinking it was cheaper lol oops! Don't tell my DH lol
    Mom to

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many days prior to ovulating do you start getting ewcm?
    Fathers Day baby!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast