Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I ready??

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Celebrate Am I ready??

Hiya! I'm a newbie, but I've been lurking about on this website for months, and I think it's time I introduced myself!

I'm a 33 year old mum of 2 beautiful girls, aged 3 and 15 months, I've always wanted 3 kids and can honestly say I am not bothered if #3 is also a girl, but I know deep down my husband would love a son, so I have been doing my best to help that along!

We ttc'd in jan and feb, but stopped because we already have 3 birthdays in dec and jan and didnt really want anymore, and then i felt dd2 was probably still a bit too young so we decided to wait. Really, the perfect month to be due would be June but I don't want it to take months after then to get pg so we have decided to try this month. Am quite excited!

Just as a history, i had an mc before dd1 at 5 weeks then 2 between dd1 and dd2 at 8 weeks(found out at 10 weeks) and 6 weeks (found out at 8 weeks) so the getting pg bit has not been an issue its been keeping them!

BUT i am not convinced I'm doing enough anymore - last month I was doing great in preparation, but now i'm on holiday it all seems to have gone to pot!!

I don't eat breakfast regularly, but I never have as I'm not hungry in the morning, i eat regularly through the day to make sure I dont get hungry, but i am finding it hard to fit all the fruit and veg in, i am drinking lemon water, i always drank fizzy water with lime anyway so have just switched, i eat far more meat than i ever did but i cant cut out cheese (i live on the stuff!) and had a cheese pizza last night, although i did eat some salchichon before the pizza was ready, i am taking a pre natal, 3 epo 1000mg a day and 5 folic acid tablets and an omega 3 fish oils supplement, we were dtd every 3 days but I came off the pill last month and panicked about getting pg so we stopped on cd 9 and didnt dtd for the rest of the month, I am currently on cd 8 and we dtd on cd 5 and intend to tonight, cd 11, cd 14 in the morning and cd 15 in the morning (i tend to ov on cd 15). Othervthan that I dont do much.

Ive put on loads of weight which is another reason i wan to start ttc, oherwise i will need new clothes!!

Sorry that was an essay - anyway, any thoughts of what will help between now and ov would be brill!

R xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome
    I know its hard to sway during the holiday, I would try and make sure you eat breakfast though, that is very important. If it is hard for you to get all your veggies in then try drinking them, like V8 or making smoothies with whey protein in it, and drinking or taking wheatgrass is very good for you.
    If it is possible try doing some weight training exercises at home, even lifting up your daughter and lunging around the house would be good, every little bit helps.
    Best of luck

2007 2008 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you dloui128, i did have an apple this morning but not til about 9:30 so I dont think i can call that breakfast lol. I will def make more of an effort with that, its pure laziness really!

Do we get V8 in the uk? I have never looked or it if im honest so never seen it, i will have a look this weekend. Will have a look for wheatgrass too.

Thanks again!!

Xxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribenaberry View Post
    Thank you dloui128, i did have an apple this morning but not til about 9:30 so I dont think i can call that breakfast lol. I will def make more of an effort with that, its pure laziness really!

Do we get V8 in the uk? I have never looked or it if im honest so never seen it, i will have a look this weekend. Will have a look for wheatgrass too.

Thanks again!!

Xxxxxxx
    just make sure that every meal and snack consists of a protein and carb

2007 2008 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think you could handle smoothies in the morning? I was doing smoothies of whey protein (alternating with pea/hemp protein) and half a banana and a bunch of berries...and I got my son. I was never much of a big breakfast fan either...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks anchor, ive never really thought of smoothies, i might give that a go, would be a good way to get some fruit in aswell! Is it too late to start on whey protein for this month? I keep thinking a week is not very long to get my body ready - although i've changed quite a lot already!

Im not so good on the protein and carbs in snacks either if im honest, what do people tend to eat? I usually have some toast or a tracker bar or something far less healthy like a bounty lol.

Ah well, we have only ever got pg on the first attempt once, and then I mc'd so i have probably got at least a few months before we catch if not longer now im older, so maybe i should start all this stuff anyway? Even if its too late for this month

Thanks ladies! Xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks anchor, ive never really thought of smoothies, i might give that a go, would be a good way to get some fruit in aswell! Is it too late to start on whey protein for this month? I keep thinking a week is not very long to get my body ready - although i've changed quite a lot already!

Im not so good on the protein and carbs in snacks either if im honest, what do people tend to eat? I usually have some toast or a tracker bar or something far less healthy like a bounty lol.

Ah well, we have only ever got pg on the first attempt once, and then I mc'd so i have probably got at least a few months before we catch if not longer now im older, so maybe i should start all this stuff anyway? Even if its too late for this month

Thanks ladies! Xxx
    I ate alot of the same things everyday because I hate thinking about what I am going to eat.
    for snacks I would eat greek yogurt, any type of nuts with dried nectarines or fruit with nuts, protein smoothies, veggies with yogurt, sometimes a fried egg on toast, just basically anything with protein and carbs

2007 2008 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would keep a bag of peanuts in the cupboard and then whenever I passed the cupboard just grab a few, that will keep your glucose nice and steady Are you having a bedtime snack? A bowl of porridge/ready brek for a quicky! or shreddies shredded wheat are great for blue. I would def add the wheatgrass supp, it is a great easy nutrient boost.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can get it in tesco and holland and Barrett.

Some of the snacks that I liked were
    Cottage cheese or hummus or peanut butter on crackers, ryvita or rice cakes

Hot cocoa made with whole milk

Dr kargs crackers the pumpkin seed and emmental cheese ones

The nakd bars which are similar to the Lara bars.

Natural yogurt with fruit and/or nuts.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    please bump if I don't answer this first thing tomorrow
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast