Page 54 of 179 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck Sunny and Deb! And Iluv, even though I know it wasn't like a full-on attempt ... I'd still be pumped to see you get a BFP :-)

Babydes I totally forgot yesterday to say how sucky it is when "friends" turn out not to be friends after all :-( I am so sorry you're having to deal with that fall out. I had a crap weekend but it was just that both the toilet and the washing machine overflowed everywhere ... that at least has some comedy to it and can be cleaned up with a wet/dry vac. If only friendship was so easy ...

Tink you crack me up

Dude DD2 is killing her chances of becoming a big sister lately

TTC5 you're ALMOST to where you actually could hope for an early positive! But POAS anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyman View Post
    This is what I understand from the ladies, but you can do it how you feel and depends on your belief about doing it once or multiple attempts. Atomic has a couple of threads about this you might want to check out.

If you are trying multiple attempts you would have 3-5 days abstinence (Ideally, I will shoot for 4 days abstinence) before DTD on the 1st attempt. This 1st attempt would be on O-2 (2 days before O) then for the 2nd attempt DTD at O (which s/b 48 hrs after the last one). Ideal is to DTD 12-18 hrs after 1st real positive OPK.

If you just wanted to do it once (I remember thinking most people on Ig were doing this so I started out this way but am not just trying once) then you would do the 12-18 hrs after 1st OPK. You should still have EWCM and not sticky and clumpy which would be putting you in girl territory.

Lola, you can beat me if I'm wrong.
    LOL, you are right on, Iluv. I tell you guys what, if I were under 30 and going for my first attempt, I would probably give the one shot deal with 3 or 4 days abstinence a shot, and try to dtd right on top of O. But, if that wasn't catching the egg, I would move to dtd on O-2 then O after a couple of failed one time shot attempts. That is what we did, and obviously, something wasn't working for well, 5 months. We got pg on the 6th month when we dtd every day. And we got pg on the next attempt after the m/c by dtd every day also.

Atomic just wrote an excellent essay about timing, and I totally agree with her: there is NO study that says timing matters. What matters is the other factors that you can manipulate to create the same effect as timing. So, for a boy, you want ewcm and hearty sperm.....the timing factor (initially from Shettles, but now the "IG" one we all cling on to) is to abstain for 4 days and only dtd once on top of O. That is accomplishing basically having more ewcm and hearty sperm. BUT, and this is what Atomic is saying, you can get ewcm with eggs or use preseed, have orgasms, and use supps, and you can give DH supps and a good diet to create good sperm. Also, sperm really do just fine in a younger healthy guy in 24 hours. The older they get, the more time they need to regenerate, but for the most part, you can dtd every 48 hours (even every 24) and still have good sperm. The difference is so minimal when men's levels were compared- like 10 million for a 1 day abstinence and 11 million for a 2 day. What you are really aiming for is yes, having your DH's sperm be healthy, but really having YOUR environment ready for a boy conception. If you are doing the diet well, and your body thinks you are living high on the hog, then it is more receptive to a male conception, you know, the old Trivers-Willard hypothesis. And you are creating nice ewcm or fake ewcm (via eggs or preseed) for a nice high-ish ph environment so the boys can get through the gates easily....you've got a higher sodium and potassium intake and that favors male conceptions (I believe this is proven)....and you are swaying boy like a MOFO. All this being said, I don't think it's worth it to worry about the timing so much. When I say I would try the one shot deal, if I were younger, I would do it the first month, maybe two, but if it wasn't working, I would worry more about catching that egg and just dtd every other day. In fact, we plan to dtd according to the SMEP/Deanna's plan I posted earlier, which Atomic actually recommended to me.

So, that's my 2 cents on the timing. But Tink, you are doing the right thing and tracking your cycles, I am doing the same right now. And please do have a cookie.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Haha, we did as well, basically every day until the day after O. No wonder we have girls.
    LOTS of boy moms did the same thing! You probably had an internal enviroment more favorable to girl conceptions, Bec. I know I did, so no matter how much we dtd, I was most likely going to make girls.

With this timing thing again, think about how many boys are in the world right now and that 99% of them were conceived with no swaying. Those folks were just BONKING (my new fave word, thanks TTC%) daily....they were doing it daily for sure, maybe twice a day if they were ttc! I will get off my timing bandwagon now....I just think our time is better spent worrying about other things like seeing how the supps affect your cycle and cm and crap like that.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    I'd bd tomorrow morning if you can elevate your hips for a bit before having to jump up, otherwise I would go tonight.
    Right on ya, girl.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyebsh View Post
    Tonight? I thought we should BD 12 hours after 1st + ???
    If you can't do it in the morning, then go tonight....better earlier than later when you cm turns creamy (the O+12 territory that the girl swayers aim for....and when I conceived BOTH my girls....I thought I was done ovulating so we dtd for fun. Bam, girls.)

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DebH View Post
    Ok, so here I sit with my phone in my pants fretting about the moon!

We tried the ew w/ ph 9.25. DH says that if it doesn't work we need to try preseed + bs (he said he could smell the egg and if he had known about that ahead of time he probably wouldn't be able to do it).

Anyone have other suggestions to counter ions? Is this considered new moon still? Can't stay inside today due to end of year beach party for DS.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Hey there Deb, welcome to the crazy blue thread! Honestly, none of us put too much stock in the moon and chinese calendar mularky. BUT, I think most of us do indeed try to do something with the ions in putting our cell phones in our panties for an hour or two while you lay there after dtd, and also jumping on the old laptop and posting about your exploits on this thread while your DH grumbles about you doing so. Those two seem to be easy to do and do throw off tons of +ions.

And I hear ya about the egg smell, after we had our 1st ew attempt (back in the day) I thought I had made a freaking meringue pie in my crotch. I'll tell you, I personally do not believe that ew are necessary for a good blue sway, but there are people who will say they think preseed sways girl because they had a girl with it. Especially if you throw a bit of bs in it. But, if this month doesn't work and you try again and decide to do ew again, you only need the SMALLEST amount of it. You know, we don't naturally have 5ml of ew falling out of our vags. When I do preseed, I put some up there and then sit on the pot and squeeze the excess out just in case. I really don't think you need much at all. GOOD LUCK!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I got a +opk last night on CD11, just like I did the month I took DHEA before. I am just tracking this month, though. And we dtd 3 days ago....eeek. Oh well. Just like Iluv, it is what it is.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tink - yeah it's funny how you spend so much time peeing on things. After all these months of ttc it's weird to not have to pee on anything anymore lol You are in good company though there are a scary lot of poas addicts here, just look at ttc5

Sunny - good luck hun! I'm with Lola and Atomic on timing, we did the one shot thing when I got my bfp last Aug, but abandoned it very quickly this time around. We shoot for O-2 and O but basically go till the cm changes, as soon as it even starts to turn we quit.

Deb- my dh hated the egg as well, I did too, seriously messy stuff. Luckily my cm had become out of control and we didn't need it the last few months. FX for you!

ttc5 - fx for your early bfp soon!

Lola - always the voice of wisdom.
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I've been at it long enough! I think I have read and practiced swaying enough to have a degree in it by now.

On the poas note, pee away (on your DH is up to you). On the cm note, I hope I don't have to use anything myself but a bit of preseed for lube.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola - I hear ya, I've been obsessing about this for 18ish months. I feel like I could conduct a seminar with IG and GD sections lol Let's just hope we can get the results of our effort.

FX for excellent cm! I never thought I'd be able to dtd without some sort of lube so I know you can do it!
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Page 54 of 179 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast