Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    basically if an egg pops out and isn't fertilised it disintegrates within 24hrs... EWCM is only produced when oestrogen is high, once the oestrogen drops the EWCM dries up so there is none remaining in there towards the end of your cycle.

I read that after ovulation the egg lingers for a little while at the entrance to the tubes and then starts to make its way down. sperm can be living in the tubes, or up nearer the ovary. The egg itself takes a few DAYS to pass down through the fallopian tubes if fertilised. If not fertilised, the egg won't make it as far as the uterus.

usually after ovulation (and/or conception) you will have EWCM for a max of 1 day before it dries up.

the EWCM doesn't help a fertilised egg pass through the tubes (there are little "hairs" inside the tubes that pass the egg down through it instead). the purpose of EWCM is to get the sperm TO the egg, and also to nourish it and keep it alive until the egg arrives. Once the egg has arrived, there is no need for the EWCM any more.

does that answer the question? I think the question is a bit confused :P
    Hmmm I have read that the currents of EWCM also help the egg move to implant in the uterus. It's not important but just sharing the info as I understand it.

Also, some people have EWCM for days after ovulation. That's because the estrogen is needed to keep the lining going for a few days after O to allow the egg to implant.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    yes, all you guys answered it thx! what i wanted to know is if when i conceived my daughter i thought most likely bc we DTD so many times, there MUST have been sperm up there waiting, butthen why would i have see tons of EWCM, if as soon as teh egg popped out the sperm caught it. i assumed, that most ppl get peak EWCM at and just before O, but i thought if there is sperm there, you may get SOME ewcm but not as much if tehre were no sperm waiting bc the estrogen decreases when the egg andsperm meet. and since the egg and sperm meet right away, thered be no signs of O (ewcm).

i know that ewcm doesnt help the egg but helps teh sperm, so thats another reason why i thought thered be LESS ewcm, bc there is sperm in there nourishing on the majority of the ewcm while waiting for egg.

yes it IS a confusing question!!! sorry about it. understanding how teh cycle work helps me a LOT tho in my plans. and reading my body's signals.

so for a pink swayer, if they dtd'd 4-5 days before O and tahts it, even if they get all the signs of O like lots and lots of ewcm, O pain, etc, doesnt mean there is NO sperm waiting in there to catch.
    Because your body has no earthly way of knowing that sperm is there or not there and also no way of knowing whether the egg was fertilized until it implants until several days later. So it operates under the assumption that sperm is there and needs to be kept alive until something tells it otherwise (either implantation or the corpus luteum starts to break down) and so continues to produce EWCM until it gets that signal to stop.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123