Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is early ovulation bad for ttc?

I am thinking i may O on cd 10 or 11. I read somewhere that it may not give the egg enough time to mature and that it's harder to penetrate, is that true? This is the first month in a few months not being on vitex but even on vitex i was O'ing on cd12 which is a tad early for me, i normally can O anywhere between 12-15. You think this just may be a wacky month being off of vitex?
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I'd like to know too. I got my +opk yesterday and BD after 11 day abstain, so what's done is done but normally I wouldn't get a +opk till today. But I was taking Vitex n SP. got a dip in my BBT this morning too.
    My family is complete!!!
    2/2000
    6/2003
    4/2011
    7/2013

Swayed for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think there's any scientific proof that an earlier egg is less healthy or developed. It is something that I've read proposed as a theory though.

If it's your first month off Vitex it's not unexpected that you might have a weird cycle. If the follicle was underdeveloped and caused your early o you might also find you get a short LP this month as the corpus luteum could be less robust as well.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both early and late O have seemed to be more pink friendly (with many exceptions and of course, anyone with long cycles because of PCOS or PCOS tendencies are more blue friendly regardless of the lenght of their cycles). So I would have you go for it anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an early O. CD11 this month.... I looked back through my FF charts and usually had O around day 11 or so.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is normal to ovulate slightly earlier than average. If you ovulate really early like cycle day 4 or 5, then you might have bad egg quality as it wouldn't have had the proper hormonal environment to develop as needed and your lining wouldn't be ready.

As for me, I've always had very regular 27-28 day cycles in the past, but being on the LE diet for the past few months has caused me to have shorter cycles. Now I have a 24-25 day cycle and O day 9-10. My LP is 14-16 days long. Has anyone else noticed shorter cycles with the LE diet?

BFP February 2013!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also an early O'er. This babe was O on CD11.
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated early when I conceived both of my girls. With my DS I ovulated very late. Hope that helps!
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a