Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your meals look really good stephk. im really struggling to stay away from meat,although i know its allowed if its within limits but i wanted to try and stay away from it.ive been looking up vegetarian meal ideas on the internet which should help.
    yesterday food was
    10.45- coffee,2 crumpets with butter and low fat jam

1.30-ham and cucumber sandwich with redcurrant jelly,velvets low fat crisps and diet coke

5.00-coffee and weight watchers eclair

7.30- pasta and mackerel that was left over from yesterday and salad.diet coke

cals= 1145 36g protein 23g fat

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn't stay off meat eleena I went mental. Like seriously loopy. I'm now eating low cal paleo with lots of intense exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My totals for today are about the same as yours stephk, but nowhere near as yummy and full of meat!! 😕

10am large flat white

12pm 4mini leftover pigs in blankets

1pm pack of mi goreng noodles

7pm Chinese - spring rolls, laksa, shredded beef, chilli chicken, rice. 😞
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not really bothered about meat to be honest. I just fell into eating it every day when I first moved in with DH because he is south african and has to have meat. So we had meat or fish every night and I very rarely ate vegetarian. It was all very healthy though - meat or fish with veggies and rice/cous cous, would sometimes have pasta/garlic bread as a treat (having it loads now!!), would have the fattiest, creamiest sauces for everything, but good fats - olive oils, avocados etc. We also fell into sharing a tub of ben and jerrys every friday and again on sat/sunday! Half a tub is about 500 cals!

Now of course it is all about veggies which I love, dont get me wrong. Also am loving the fact that a pasta and garlic bread dinner is allowed (not so good for DH's waistline though!) I do tend to have meat/fish at the weekend and go over on things because its important not to be too OTT with this, for me anyway...but lately I am getting sick and tired of the restriction and hence I have allowed myself to go over during the week for this week. I imagine it will spill over to next week too who knows. I think whilst I am feeling like this I am not going to beat myself up over it because it seems even when I am not caring about the totals its so ingrained that I manage to meet (most of) them anyway!

Sorry about the long post, this is just my current state of mind on the diet and I have been doing it in a way that fits in with me.

eleena - I found some great veggie recipies online, definitely look online and as time goes on, they will just become part of your routine. I know that a lot of the things/meals I eat now I will continue to eat as strange as that may sound!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I will never want to go vegetarian once I am done with the diet. I have also found some great recipes which I will keep on making like vegetable lasagne or vegetable spaghetti.
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    stephk - you're likely pregnant so none of this matters for you anymore anyways!

I've been too lazy the past couple days to post or even track, but now that I have a pretty good idea of what 1500 calories/30% fat/40grams of protein looks like it's much easier to follow! I have a lot of social functions this week (a playdate yesterday with chicken salad sandwiches and mimosas, a cocktail party tonight at a museum opening, a friend's end of school mexican bash on saturday) so I will do my best just to have a couple of bites at each event without going overboard like I would have in the past!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I agree Junie a lot of the vego & even vegan food was yummy! I enjoyed the the food but the lack of protein (& specifically animal protein) protein just wreaked havoc on my mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah i made a veggie spaghetti yesterday with ground beef on the side and a few bites got onto my plate and were so yummy. Personally I know meat goes a long way in helping me feel healthy but so do a lot of my typical boy habits, like eating small meals often, weight training, lots of protein, whole grains, etc. I'm so glad this isn't forever just for now

sent using tapatalk
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Although I'm not recording what I have every day, if it's useful to people, I'll jot down a few of my meals in case they help.

For lunch I have one of these:
    Vegetable soup and white toast
    Bagel with low fat cheese and mushrooms
    Weight Watchers wrap with low fat mayo, lettuce and veggies (so many that I can't normally close the wrap!)
    Instant pasta and sauce
    Potato salad made with low fat mayo and spring onions
    French bread and low fat cream cheese
    Low fat crustless quiche (occasionally as I know eggs are a bit healthy!)
    Jacket potato with low cal baked beans
    Mini pizza baguette
    Quorn mini savoury eggs and salad

I nearly always have a bag of either baked crisps or popchips with my lunch too and a can of fizzy drink (great empty calories to keep my totals up without increasing my fat or protein)

At my boys' tea time I usually have a tonic (often with gin in too) and a bag of cassava crackers/popchips or a very small handful of peanuts. Sometimes if my totals are low enough, I have some low fat super noodles. If I'm in a sweet mood rather than a savoury one, I choose Weight Watchers cakes and Go Ahead biscuits, sweets and fizzy drinks. Sometimes I work some chocolate into my totals but as rich dark chocolate is my choice, it's hard to fit it into the fat totals.

For dinner I have one of these:
    Roasted veggies (peppers, leeks, mushrooms, courgettes with oil spray) and couscous
    Spinach falafel and couscous
    Pasta with low fat pasta sauce and reduced fat garlic bread
    Spaghetti bolognaise (using quorn mince)
    Spaghetti carbonara (made just with an egg, a tiny bit of parmesan and mushrooms, no bacon)
    Quorn sausages, mashed potatoes and veg
    Vegetable quarter pounder in a white bread bun, with low fat chips
    Vegetable fajitas (girl friendly veggies again, served on Weight Watchers wraps) with a small amount of home made guacamole
    Stir fry veggies on white rice with a sauce (teriyaki, sweet and sour etc) and if I've been careful with fat that day I will have some mini vegetable spring rolls too
    Three bean chili with white rice and a small amount of home made guacamole
    Mushroom and leek risotto
    Vegetable tagine (made with swede, carrots, peppers etc) and couscous
    Vegetable curry with white rice and mango chutney! Probably a small homemade chapati too as I make them with very little fat
    Small vegetarian pizza or I make my own using low fat mozzarella and very little oil in the base
    Vegetarian cottage pie (which is usually mince and veg in gravy topped with mash) using chunks of swede and carrot instead of mince
    We normally have good old British Fish and Chips once a week, so if DH really wants it, I have a smaller portion than usual of the chips and then cook myself a few vegetable fingers/vegetable burger to go with them.

I've found the supermarket vegetarian options really useful as it's clear to see what fat and protein etc you're eating. Also, as I cook everything from scratch for my family, having something pre-prepared for me to just chuck in the oven is really useful. So my boys and DH can have lovely homemade meals and I can sort of tag along with my veggie burger or something.

I hope that's helpful. It's made me hungry!
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yum! Thanks for posting. Some awesome ideas in there. 😀
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast