Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appt with RE

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    we've had people on here who have blocked tubes from endo or PID after having other kids so I know that just isn't so.

Do NOT google fluid in uterus. There are a zillion things it could be many of which are terrifying. Did she have a suggestion for further evaluation?? That needs to be followed up on IMMEDIATELY. I agree that is not normal and needs to be taken seriously and investigated. I am not sure it's wise to ahve another HSG without investigating what that fluid is.

I would request a check for chlamydia and other STD's. Just to rule them out.
    Now I am more concerned!! She did do bloodwork to check everything but didn't really seem to think that the fluid in uterus was needing immediate attention. Now I don't know what to do. I am supposed to call next cycle and get cd 3 bloodwork as well. Is there something else I should do? They said bloodwork wont be back for about 2 weeks.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    we've had people on here who have blocked tubes from endo or PID after having other kids so I know that just isn't so.

Do NOT google fluid in uterus. There are a zillion things it could be many of which are terrifying. Did she have a suggestion for further evaluation?? That needs to be followed up on IMMEDIATELY. I agree that is not normal and needs to be taken seriously and investigated. I am not sure it's wise to ahve another HSG without investigating what that fluid is.

I would request a check for chlamydia and other STD's. Just to rule them out.
    Now I am more concerned!!!!! I don't know what to do! She did do bloodwork (std's , TSH, prolactin, etc that I won't get back for about 3 weeks) But did not seem to think the fluid needed immediate attention! She wanted me to schedule the HSG and cd 3 bloodwork next.
    WHat do you suggest I do?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had more brown spotting yesterday. What the heck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know thst she can do anything for the fluid in the uterus without knowing the cause. Checking for STDs/infection will hopefully help determine that or at least rule things out.

I don't think the HSG caused an infection. It makes much more sense that an infection caused the blocked tube and uterine fluid.

Tons of things can cause spotting. It could be related to your cervix being soft & irritable before/during O. If you do have an infection, it could be caused by that. Or it could be leftover blood from AF that took a while to work its way out.

I'm glad to hear you had O mostly confirmed, and I hope she's wrong and you conceive despite the fluid.

I think your dr is doing everything she can. I do disagree with her BF opinions/comments, but otherwise she seems to be addressing every issue as necessary. I am not a dr but I would be happy with her plan of action.
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 7th, 2015 at 11:48 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is just strange that when I had the HSG my uterus looked fine. I swear it seems like every since I took that clomid it totally messed things up. And I don't really think I ovulated as my temps are down today. I texted my OB and she said she was going to call me later that I may need a hyteroscopy. So I will feel a little more at ease after I speak with her. I guess the spotting is throwing me off and the fluid and the unconfirmed ovulation.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    Now I am more concerned!!!!! I don't know what to do! She did do bloodwork (std's , TSH, prolactin, etc that I won't get back for about 3 weeks) But did not seem to think the fluid needed immediate attention! She wanted me to schedule the HSG and cd 3 bloodwork next.
    WHat do you suggest I do?
    THat is the type of follow up I am referring to. I didn't know if she had done the bloodwork or not.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    It is just strange that when I had the HSG my uterus looked fine. I swear it seems like every since I took that clomid it totally messed things up. And I don't really think I ovulated as my temps are down today. I texted my OB and she said she was going to call me later that I may need a hyteroscopy. So I will feel a little more at ease after I speak with her. I guess the spotting is throwing me off and the fluid and the unconfirmed ovulation.
    Clomid did not cause fluid in your uterus though.

Keep in mind that you can never be quite totally sure if they see what they think they see and if your OB is willing to do further tests I would def. go that route. She thinks she saw that you ovulated, well, it appears not. SHe thinks she saw fluid in the uterus, then yeah let's follow up on that but you never know, maybe it isn't what she thought she saw, you know??

The important thing above all else is that they do the bloodwork. That is what needed to happen. All too often docs will not do bloodwork and have you come back in 6 weeks or something like that (but when you call for appointment they have none available and you end up waiting another 6 weeks on top of that), then do bloodwork, then you wait another three weeks for your labs to come back, and another appointment for the doctor to tell you what it all means. When I said it needed to be looked into immediately, I meant immediately in "medical time" which is only slightly faster than the rate at which glaciers move.

If you can get the hysteroscopy, that is the next thing to do. ((((hugs))))) and no googling!

Since you're temping, keep an eye out for any sign of fever in case this is some infection from the HSG.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok well The RE definitely did do bloodwork but of course I am over here thinking and thinking and the brown spotting is why I texted my original OB since she knows my history. So I will see what she says. Thanks all for calming me a bit! I will continue to temp also.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush, maidentomother liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12