Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey all you natural swayers!

Just wanted to say hi!

And to the mods--if we have our "sway", should we post it? Or is that something we're not doing here?

Thanks!
    Mom to 5 amazing boys with a girl due end of March/early April 2011!
    :formerly wingless:

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question!
    Melissa - 27
    Carter - 4.5 August - 2.5 Luella - 1 Newbie due June 15, 2011

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll need to figure out a format to do that. Open to suggestions.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's a good idea, but we should prob. have a special section for it.

PS - just read your siggie Kandi, congrats!!! We ALL want to hear every detail of your sway LOL!!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No suggestions on the format.. I was just going to paste mine from The Other Place!

Atomic--can you believe AFTER I did all the swaying and everything, I figured out that I actually wanted to stay a boy mom??? I'm only .0001% convinced that the sway did anything, but yeah. I'm having a bit of trouble "getting what I wish for" adjusting to it. To be quite frank, I'm petrified. Regardless, I will paste my sway For all the good it'll do! haha
    Mom to 5 amazing boys with a girl due end of March/early April 2011!
    :formerly wingless:

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do believe that actually because after having terrible GD with DS 3 and minor GD with DS 4, I find myself not wanting a girl at all and having a fairly strong boy preference. That is, if I ever were to try again, which I probably won't.

I wish you the very best of luck and hope the transition is very easy.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I do believe that actually because after having terrible GD with DS 3 and minor GD
    I MONKEYED around on the HT board of a different forum, but am now leaning towards swaying for a girl - a natural conception. There are so fewer moral dilemmas. I don't have an issue going HT for your desired gender - it's the leftover embryos that DH and I are having difficulty with. And at the end of the day who can be sad about a baby....boy or girl? Yes, we are only trying for a fourth child to get our DG, but I thought natural conception/swaying was at least worth looking into. We haven't made our mind up either way yet even though I thought we had (HT).

I'm trying to collect information on a girl sway and am SO frustrated. I wish someone would just say, "do this....X....Y....Z" and we could just go with it, but it gets very complicated trying to sort through all of the available information. Does anyone know of any books I can buy (BESIDES Shettles which I just don't believe in - been there, done that----got the son!)?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CassGG99 View Post
    I MONKEYED around on the HT board of a different forum, but am now leaning towards swaying for a girl - a natural conception. There are so fewer moral dilemmas. I don't have an issue going HT for your desired gender - it's the leftover embryos that DH and I are having difficulty with. And at the end of the day who can be sad about a baby....boy or girl? Yes, we are only trying for a fourth child to get our DG, but I thought natural conception/swaying was at least worth looking into. We haven't made our mind up either way yet even though I thought we had (HT).

I'm trying to collect information on a girl sway and am SO frustrated. I wish someone would just say, "do this....X....Y....Z" and we could just go with it, but it gets very complicated trying to sort through all of the available information. Does anyone know of any books I can buy (BESIDES Shettles which I just don't believe in - been there, done that----got the son!)?
    I totally understand about the extra embryos. It is hard to deal with and there is no easy answer. What we have done with swaying is to go through all of the research out there and come up with recommendations based on that research. Basically, information is available on pH, timing, environment and ions, Nutraceuticals(functional foods and dietary supplements that sway), sperm qualities and the "it is what it is"- Demographic information.

We have taken each of these areas and made recommendations on what to do to sway girl/boy. Over the next few weeks, atomic, viene and I are going through these recommendations(or best practices for TTC girl/boy) and adding specific guidance to each of these areas.

Swaying is just that- swaying. Research shows you can sway but our bodies ultimately determine the sex of our offspring. If you choose to become a member, you can browse through the swaying information we have compiled and of course ask questions about any of it. If you change your mind about HT, we'd be happy to help you there too! Good luck!
    Site Owner

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There aren't books available that we know of but we're happy to help in any way we can.

Some people are sad when they don't get their DG and that's ok too. We can't control the way we feel unfortunately.

The problem with the "Do X,Y,Z approach" is that it may not work. It may be that you have to analyze your and your husband's personal eating habits/lifestyle and figure out what it is that you personally can do differently to lower your testosterone and keep your husband's sperm count down...when people take a hard-charging, obsessive approach to swaying pink, that can end up shooting them in the foot because they end up actually RAISING their testosterone levels. They may have been better off doing nothing at all to sway.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CassGG99 View Post

I feel the same way- the more I research, the more confusing it gets and the less reliable things I thought would really help seem to help. Ugh.