Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted a boy first very badly and I got a girl - waited to be surprised by gender at birth and didn't feel any GD at all with her... just desperately hoped that I'd get a boy next.

Anyways, I think if I had only boys that I would probably, maybe, possibly want one girl - but I don't think I'd be worrying about swaying or anything. It would probably just be a fleeting hope.

In all honestly I think I would have been a very happy all boy mom... I do relish some things about raising daughters but there is a lot of fear, too, that I am still not over, with my eldest DD at 9 years and knowing I have a lot of years left to see how well I can do parenting daughters :/

So for me, if it had been all boys, I think I'd have been pretty content. All girls... I'd be going nuts... The GD is already such a struggle.

Editing to add that I know that I am pretty unusual though, as most want both. DH is normal in that regard - he wants more balance than me
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my boys, and I probably would have gone HT for a boy because DH is the last boy in his family. So the family name would have died with him. But I need to have a daughter. I never really had a mother-daughter relationship and I want that experience. Plus, I would like for my daughter to have a sister. I also never had that and I would want that for her.
    (DH 43, me 36) (7) (3 1/2) (2)

IVF/PGD at RBA for or
    ER - 3/14 23 eggs retrieved = 19 fertilized embryos
    PGD results 7 normal girls, 4 normal boys
    ET - 3/19 hatching blasts transferred
    BFP!!! - 3/25, Beta #1 (6dp5dt) = 40
    3/29 (10dp5dt) - Beta #2 = 340
    4/1 (13dp5dt) - Beta #3 = 1229
    4/5 (17dp5dt) - Beta #4 = 6939
    5/1 One healthy baby

FET:
    Began estrogen patches on 11/27, progesterone on 12/10.
    ET on 12/16 with 1 hatched blast

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to parent a DD as well, but I wanted boys badly. When preg with DS1 I prayed to have a son. I think if it was opposite for me, 3DDs, I would be desperately swaying and hoping to have a boy. Nothing against having girls, it's just cause I never had a brother (we're 3 girls) so I so badly wanted a boy. Now that I have three boys, I find myself just hoping at the chance to parent a girl.
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't mind if I didn't have any boys. My friends with boys tell me they're very loving to their mums and less dramatic, but I just relate to girls better.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, before having DS I doubt I would have swayed for blue. I thought I would be perfectly content with all girls because I had three older brothers and always wanted sisters like in "Little Women", lol. Then I had DS and God knew what he was doing, because I would have missed out in the greatest joy I have ever known.

Now I don't care if I have 3 boys, I just want one little bundle of pink to raise. I want to experience raising both sexes. I truly don't understand why I have this strong desire, perhaps it is my OCD. But I truly don't know if I will feel complete without ever raising a daughter.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran into a few comments during 2nd preg and since... When I was 2 days passed DS2 due date while shopping in the store a lady (one of those wanna be tv housewives type (sorry not being mean I am a hippy redneck)) but she had one girl with her and saw I was pregnant and ask the normal questions and then when I said it's another boy. She said she was "happy she only has one child ans it was a girl" and "if it was a boy she wouldn't have had it" I didn't have time to say anything because her 6 year daughter started to cry. I have had other comments about "O I bet you would have been happier with a girl" "did you think about an abortion" and the worst of all comments, when DS2 was 12 days old "you can't love a second son" and "there are other mothers who have no kids and would love to adopt him"..... I was already in love and yes you can love a second son.

I will never lie and say that I didn't want DS2 to be a girl, but he is my little crazy child and no girl could replace him. If I had had 2 girls I would be here trying to sway for a boy. This will be my last pregnancy because I am the type that hates being pregnant and so I would like twins but 1 more baby would be great... at least 1 girl is a plus!!!
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Purple - What horrific comments from those people!! I can't believe some people can be so shallow. I myself have had it said to me '3 boys, oh well never mind!!!' When I was expecting DS3 everyone said 'I bet you want a girl this time'. And yes, if he had been a girl I would not have gone on to TTC a 4th child. But I don't regret him being a boy for a minute. He's a very sweet natured boy (although not right now, teething and 2 years old don't mix!!)
    I really wanted by 1st to be a girl and tbh he is the only one I had true gender disappointment with. I actually couldn't bond with him because he was not the girl I expected him to be and because of a traumatic labour.
    DS2 I knew all along he would be a boy and was disappointed for about 10 seconds after I delivered him. Now I couldn't imagine him being anything other than he is.
    If I had 2 girls I am sure I would have wanted a boy. Would I have gone on to do swaying?? I don't know. I honestly wanted a girl to have the mother daughter relationship that I have with my Mum. So if I had 2 or 3 girls I would have a chance of that, but I am sure I would want to experience parenting the other gender, if not for DH's sake to have a boy.
    Funnily enough though, I thought DH would love having a boy to play sport with, but in reality I have to pester him to play out with them. Weird. They are all Mummy's boys totally.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love girls I always wanted a girl so Im happy with that , we just want 1 boy. DH has no brothers so if he don't get a boy , you know...(I just can't believe we get one ) anyway I would go HT but we don't have that money so can't do it.
    And ppl do say stupid comments about all girls...like oh poor dad and all girls?? omg , you need a boy ! and so on
    +1

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all your replies ladies. Have loved reading all of these!
    My happy healthy handsome sons! Hoping to bring a home someday.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hoped for a girl both times and got 2 boys. If I had 2 girls I think I still would have wanted a third baby but I don't think I would have minded what the sex was.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123